collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England  (Read 148705 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Ezri Konsa - signed
« Reply #240 on: June 25, 2020, 10:37:29 AM »
Yeah quite, to single him out for blame when the goal was a clusterfuck and our best defender was also out of position looks a bit pathetic and cowardly.

I really, really can't stand Smith any more.  It's a shame when it gets to this stage, but he hasn't got the ability to manage at this level and now he's reverted to calling out the players, it's the actions of a dead man walking.

Offline David_Nab

• GM : 24.12.2015
« Reply #241 on: June 25, 2020, 10:39:09 AM »
Yeah quite, to single him out for blame when the goal was a clusterfuck and our best defender was also out of position looks a bit pathetic and cowardly.

I really, really can't stand Smith any more.  It's a shame when it gets to this stage, but he hasn't got the ability to manage at this level and now he's reverted to calling out the players, it's the actions of a dead man walking.

I tend to agree , it stinks of well I told them what to do and they didn't so don't blame me.It's similar to the shit Bruce used to come out with

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #242 on: June 25, 2020, 10:42:59 AM »
Ultimately he's got to sense the danger and tuck in quicker. Newcastle can't score from the touchline but Gayle centrally can and Konsa was nearest to him.
Yes but he would have expected one of his CB's to be around there as well.

Offline dicedlam

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #243 on: June 25, 2020, 10:59:20 AM »

I don't think I could get to the stage where I couldn't stand a fellow Villa fan, but agree that he is out of his depth.
What does boil my piss with him is why is he so stubborn sticking with 4-4-3? Surely after all this time, he can see that it is not working.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #244 on: June 25, 2020, 11:07:17 AM »
I don't hate the guy and I don't think I ever will. He's done nothing to make me hate him. If those in charge decide he's not good enough then he will eventually be moved on, as it should be.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #245 on: June 25, 2020, 11:29:06 AM »
I like him, i think he is a decent bloke.
I just think he is out of his depth.

Stubborn, inflexible, passive and indecisive are the traits he is displaying this season and is why the team is failing.

Classic symptoms of fear.

I would be happy to go for a pint with him though.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #246 on: June 25, 2020, 12:24:20 PM »
Ultimately he's got to sense the danger and tuck in quicker. Newcastle can't score from the touchline but Gayle centrally can and Konsa was nearest to him.

Agree with this, it might seem harsh but he's not close enough to Gayle and then buys the dummy too easily. He wasnt the only one at fault for the goal but at fault he was.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #247 on: June 25, 2020, 12:37:25 PM »

Agreed but then his man is wide open on the backpost as what happened for the first goal by Chelsea. Gayle could have played him in too.

Konsa shares a degree of blame for the goal but less so than Luiz, Hause and Mings. Mings for me should shoulder the most blame out of them all, as didn't deal with Carroll or Saint-Maxime.

Targett made a risible effort to deal with the throw in to start with. If you were being very harsh could Nyland have also been off his line quicker on Gayle.

Is it any wonder we are where we are conceding goals like that when the entire back four, holding midfielder and possibly keeper are to blame. That Smith sought to publicly call out only one of them is diabolical.

Offline AVH87

• GM : 13.02.2021
« Reply #248 on: June 25, 2020, 12:46:30 PM »
Thought it was harsh to single him out. A 22 year old, who has played probably 15 games at this level, and is being played out of position. Yes he came in for decent money, but that's hardly his fault and surely due to the fact he's one for the future mainly.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #249 on: June 25, 2020, 12:48:28 PM »
There were at least 2 other candidates that should’ve received both barrels before Konsa for that goal. Either call out the right players or nobody at all (which should be the preferred option).

You can’t afford a fractured playing group so why not say nothing publicly. He’s covered up for Wes, Trez and a few other enough times.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #250 on: June 25, 2020, 03:02:17 PM »

I don't think I could get to the stage where I couldn't stand a fellow Villa fan, but agree that he is out of his depth.
What does boil my piss with him is why is he so stubborn sticking with 4-4-3? Surely after all this time, he can see that it is not working.

Some Villa fans are complete arseholes so not sure what that has to do with anything. I’ve unfollowed loads on Twitter for being racist twats for example. That’s nothing to do with Smith but being a Villa fan doesn’t give anybody carte blanche from criticism.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #251 on: June 25, 2020, 03:21:57 PM »
I don't hate the guy and I don't think I ever will. He's done nothing to make me hate him. If those in charge decide he's not good enough then he will eventually be moved on, as it should be.

I agree. I think his initial remit was to ensure the 2020/21 season kicked off with Aston Villa in the Premier League. Can he fulfil that? I think he will. Is he the man to lead us to the next stage in our journey? I'm beginning to think probably not.

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #252 on: June 25, 2020, 04:10:06 PM »
It's not fucking cowardly.  Why are people so desperate to throw that insult about on here?  He's called out a player who he thinks made a mistake.  I think most of us believe he's wrong, but that doesn't make him cowardly.

Desperate to throw that insult around? Eh? I don't think I've ever called someone cowardly on here before and I don't recall that many instances of it from anyone else either. Feel free to have a trawl and tell me different if that word bothers you that much.

It's cowardly because Smith himself is at least as at fault as any of the players and he could, alternatively, have ackowledged that fact and shielded the players. And because he's singled out one player who appears a lot less likely to have a go back than others (his player, less vocal than Mings who, as pointed out, was also at fault more than once in the game).

If I'm being generous it migh tbe clever kidology in that he knows Konsa well enough to know he's likely to respond well to that kind of thing. But it feels more like a poor manager in his death throes finding easy targets to blame for his failures (like Bruce did) which is a cowardly thing to do.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2020, 04:12:11 PM by themossman »

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #253 on: June 25, 2020, 04:20:48 PM »

Agreed but then his man is wide open on the backpost as what happened for the first goal by Chelsea. Gayle could have played him in too.

Konsa shares a degree of blame for the goal but less so than Luiz, Hause and Mings. Mings for me should shoulder the most blame out of them all, as didn't deal with Carroll or Saint-Maxime.

Targett made a risible effort to deal with the throw in to start with. If you were being very harsh could Nyland have also been off his line quicker on Gayle.

Is it any wonder we are where we are conceding goals like that when the entire back four, holding midfielder and possibly keeper are to blame. That Smith sought to publicly call out only one of them is diabolical.

No that's all true. Ultimately that's what a relegation threatened team tends to do, look solid for an hour and then concede a cheap goal that several players could've stopped. Was same v Chelsea.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #254 on: June 25, 2020, 04:23:17 PM »

I agree. I think his initial remit was to ensure the 2020/21 season kicked off with Aston Villa in the Premier League. Can he fulfil that? I think he will. Is he the man to lead us to the next stage in our journey? I'm beginning to think probably not.

If we can somehow stay up I'd still let him go and at least then he could walk out with his head held high and I'd like to think pretty mcuh everyone on here would wish him well.

Nightmare scenario is we go down, we start next season poorly and fans back in the ground give him dogs abuse like Bruce got v Preston.

Even if we stay up I think next season would be very tough if we lost Grealish. Same as when Sherwood fulfilled his remit for 14/15, we thought he could improve us the following season but it was a big error and ultimately we were as good as down when he got sacked in late October.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal