collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:14:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Nev
[Today at 09:07:08 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 09:05:47 AM]

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: VAR  (Read 343330 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: VAR
« Reply #2385 on: January 23, 2022, 09:47:48 PM »
That Liverpool decision was a disgrace today. The keeper was already stationary and the Liverpool player runs into him. Far less a penalty than the Ings one for us against Liverpool.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #2386 on: January 23, 2022, 09:51:15 PM »
That Liverpool decision was a disgrace today. The keeper was already stationary and the Liverpool player runs into him. Far less a penalty than the Ings one for us against Liverpool.

Yeah, Jota mis-controlled the ball, and there was another Palace player covering the goal line.  Really soft penalty.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #2387 on: January 23, 2022, 11:00:22 PM »
That Liverpool decision was a disgrace today. The keeper was already stationary and the Liverpool player runs into him.

Even worse, he seemed to move over to run into him once he realised he'd lost the ball. Absolutely scandalous, worst penalty decision I've seen this season.

They should just tell the ref. to make whatever decision favours the big 6. That would result in less VAR interruptions and speed the whole thing with little affect on the outcomes.

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #2388 on: January 23, 2022, 11:11:34 PM »
With everything available to review decisions how could anybody come to the conclusion that Jota gets a penalty for that?

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #2389 on: January 24, 2022, 05:48:24 AM »
No surprise it's our mate Kevin Friend having a shocker there.  The fact he's still considered a top flight referee should tell you everything. Its quite astonishing what an utter shit show they've made of a process which should help them make better decisions.

Someone summed it up perfectly earlier, I don't think they're corrupt for 1 minute but they do a flippin good job of giving the impression they are.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #2390 on: January 24, 2022, 06:44:32 AM »
With everything available to review decisions how could anybody come to the conclusion that Jota gets a penalty for that?

Because it's a matter of opinion, not fact.

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #2391 on: January 24, 2022, 08:26:05 AM »
If it's a matter opinion (Pawson's) that it was a foul then there is no reason to call Friend to the monitor.   That might be Pawsons opinion but no way is that a clear and obvious error by Friend in his initial view. 

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2392 on: January 24, 2022, 09:07:08 AM »
Kevin Friend makes a complete horlicks of an easy decision. Shock. He made the correct decision in the first place but clearly doesn't have the minerals to stick to it. How many times has it got to be said before these fkn chumps get it into their thick heads? "Var is there to correct clear and obvious errors" If you're having to look at lots of different angles slowed right down and it takes so bloody long to decide then how can you come to the "clear and obvious" conclusion? All it takes is for one referee to look at the monitor at a couple of angles IN NORMAL SPEED and for him to say "it's not a clear and obvious error, I stand by my original decision " Is there a single ref in the Premier League with the moral fortitude and the cohoneys do that? It doesn't look that way right now.

Online London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2393 on: January 24, 2022, 02:29:41 PM »
Not seen it until today... oh dear. Clear and obviously wrong? Not a chance.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2394 on: January 24, 2022, 06:26:00 PM »
Colin Wanker calling out Kevin Friend for what he is on TalkShite.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #2395 on: February 27, 2022, 12:24:06 PM »
Not sure where to put this so I've put it in here, Mods feel free to move.  It's not really about VAR as such.

As you may know I do my fair share of defending referee's on here but I'm not afraid to call them out when they are wrong.

If you wonder why the stanard or referring is so poor in the Premier League it was there for all and sundry to see yesterday in the Blackpool v Reading game.

Blackpool had a big lump of a striker who scored a goal by climbing above another big lump of a Reading defender.  He rose to a height by leaning over the defender whilst at the same time holding down the defender by having his two hands firmly on the defender's shoulders then heading the ball into the net. 

The referee had a perfect view of the incident.  This is one of the most easiest fouls to spot as it's so obvious when officiating and this bloke just let it go and awarded the goal.  How he got this far allowing things like that is beyond me, utterly disgraceful refereeing. 

I despair, the evidence of what's coming through was plain to see yesterday in our game and Everton's.

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #2396 on: February 27, 2022, 01:12:50 PM »
Kevin Friend makes a complete horlicks of an easy decision. Shock. He made the correct decision in the first place but clearly doesn't have the minerals to stick to it. How many times has it got to be said before these fkn chumps get it into their thick heads? "Var is there to correct clear and obvious errors" If you're having to look at lots of different angles slowed right down and it takes so bloody long to decide then how can you come to the "clear and obvious" conclusion? All it takes is for one referee to look at the monitor at a couple of angles IN NORMAL SPEED and for him to say "it's not a clear and obvious error, I stand by my original decision " Is there a single ref in the Premier League with the moral fortitude and the cohoneys do that? It doesn't look that way right now.
"In normal speed", is the obvious improvement they can make to the decision process.
The game is played at normal speed, the referees and their assistants view the proceedings and officiate based on this, they are not robots with slow-mo vision capabilities, and, with the rules of the game based on actual live action (and not television replays), then all VAR views must be made at normal speed.
Either that, or change the fundamental rules of the game.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #2397 on: February 27, 2022, 01:24:31 PM »
The Everton non-penalty was a disgraceful decision.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #2398 on: February 27, 2022, 02:41:12 PM »
The Everton non-penalty was a disgraceful decision.

I was shocked watching the game back. But then I wasn’t when I remember VAR was involved. A friend of mine said ‘wasn’t VAR brought in to stop things like the Thierry Henry handball?’ You watch that and think if that’s true, it isn’t doing a good job. I don’t believe what i’m seeing any more.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #2399 on: February 27, 2022, 03:20:20 PM »
It doesn't work. You can have all the technology on the world but it's still down to an opinion.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal