collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Paul.S
[Today at 07:27:19 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by VillaTim
[Today at 07:23:43 PM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:23:42 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 07:22:15 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:20:22 PM]

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: VAR  (Read 343520 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: VAR
« Reply #2085 on: August 22, 2021, 10:41:04 AM »
It was diabolical they didnt ahve a pen in my eyes. We would be going mental if that happened to us.

Martinez got away with one there. Hopefully he will learn on that. He looks a lil rusty but im sure he will.be unbelievable when he is up to speed again

I'll say this about you. You're fair to every club except one.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2086 on: August 22, 2021, 10:42:04 AM »
the offsides are factual - it's annoying but it's fair.
The decisions that are still referees opinions need working on - however, the handball one yesterday was spot on. It was a handball.

Offline frank black

« Reply #2087 on: August 22, 2021, 10:53:21 AM »
I actually found it quite impressive that the officials found a definite penalty when almost everyone had no idea it had happened. A very pleasant surprise

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #2088 on: August 22, 2021, 11:04:41 AM »
It was diabolical they didnt ahve a pen in my eyes. We would be going mental if that happened to us.

Martinez got away with one there. Hopefully he will learn on that. He looks a lil rusty but im sure he will.be unbelievable when he is up to speed again

Well this is a pointless comment when everyone knows full well why it wasn't a pen. You're being purposely obtuse by the looks of it.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2089 on: August 22, 2021, 11:07:01 AM »
The thing with the Newcastle penalty is you know sometime this season the same will happen to us with it being much closer than their offside and it will be disallowed as well. And you can probably have a good punt at guessing the team we'll be playing. That is the problem with VAR in a nutshell

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2090 on: August 22, 2021, 11:36:37 AM »
Who said it was an error!
Lino might have said at the time "that was close, probably off but let it run, then we can check".

He almost certainly did and that is literally what they're told to do in tight calls. To then moan that it wasn't 'clear and obvious' is ignoring how the officials are operating. Look at the freeze frame with the lines and pay attention to the lines in the grass and it's clear that he was 5-6 niches offside, it was nothing like some of the tight calls from last season.

As for our penalty, anyone who doesn't see that as a clear handball just doesn't know the laws of the game, the controversy there is that the ref was looking straight at it and didn't spot it, that was the definition of a clear and obvious error.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2091 on: August 22, 2021, 11:42:03 AM »

As for our penalty, anyone who doesn't see that as a clear handball just doesn't know the laws of the game, the controversy there is that the ref was looking straight at it and didn't spot it, that was the definition of a clear and obvious error.

And despite what Brucey said, there were loads of shouts of handball from the crowd, we could see it from where we were sat in the Trinity.

Offline exigo

« Reply #2092 on: August 22, 2021, 11:45:39 AM »

And despite what Brucey said, there were loads of shouts of handball from the crowd, we could see it from where we were sat in the Trinity.

Same in L3. Clear as day.

Offline Risso

« Reply #2093 on: August 22, 2021, 11:46:50 AM »
I like Brucey's attempted defence of it. He raised his leg so he had to raise his arm as well.  What is he, a fucking puppet?!

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2094 on: August 22, 2021, 11:49:20 AM »
I like Brucey's attempted defence of it. He raised his leg so he had to raise his arm as well.  What is he, a fucking puppet?!
It was desperate.

You can tell he just didn't have the bollocks to say "We wasn't good enough today"

Offline CT

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/CT
  • GM : 11.02.2024
« Reply #2095 on: August 22, 2021, 11:56:23 AM »

My lad said it was handball. I wasn’t sure. There were plenty of shouts for sure, then the game stopped and he said to me “told you so, this is handball”.

Offline Risso

« Reply #2096 on: August 22, 2021, 12:07:46 PM »
It was desperate.

You can tell he just didn't have the bollocks to say "We wasn't good enough today"

"It was one of those horrible ones."

Online paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2097 on: August 22, 2021, 01:08:55 PM »

My lad said it was handball. I wasn’t sure. There were plenty of shouts for sure, then the game stopped and he said to me “told you so, this is handball”.

It was easily missed on the first angle on the TV because you just couldn't tell where it hit him so I can forgive people in the ground missing it but the ref was in a perfect position for it and I can't work out what he was thinking to not blow up immediately.

Bruce trying to argue against it was just sad really but this is a guy who wasn't prepared for the wet type of rain so he's not really all there.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2098 on: August 23, 2021, 01:13:59 AM »
Not sure why people are saying the offside wasn't clear and obvious. Wilson's foot was in different coloured grass to Konsa and Mings. The lines made it look closer than it was. It was definitely offside, and the officials would have been failing to uphold the law had they ignored it.

Plus, Wilson was a twat all game so ha ha ha ha.

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2099 on: August 23, 2021, 07:21:59 AM »
Watched the goals in the Roma game and to think I've been complaining about VAR over here. For a minute I thought Serie A didn't celebrate goals anymore or his new teammates just hated Tammy, but it was actually VAR taking about 2 minutes to make a decision! Totally killed the atmosphere and goal celebrations.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal