collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by SoccerHQ
[Today at 11:39:46 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 11:39:35 PM]

Champions League Contention by curiousorange
[Today at 11:38:28 PM]

Robin Olsen by KevinGage
[Today at 11:35:43 PM]

Diego Carlos by KevinGage
[Today at 11:32:37 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Clampy
[Today at 11:28:31 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 11:19:38 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Demitri_C
[Today at 11:15:22 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 671896 times)

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: John McGinn - signed (Captain 2022/23)
« Reply #4695 on: March 31, 2023, 12:37:47 PM »
I can echo Paulie's points, it's exactly like that.

FV - you say you're well trained in 'seeing things', but might I ask, do you think maybe you're habituated to seeing things that might not be there? You mentioned a rather numerological approach to match predictions which struck me as a bit mystic and conspiratorial. It might be worth asking yourself the all-important question 'am I reading too much into this?' from time to time.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #4696 on: March 31, 2023, 12:40:11 PM »

FV - you say you're well trained in 'seeing things', but might I ask, do you think maybe you're habituated to seeing things that might not be there? You mentioned a rather numerological approach to match predictions which struck me as a bit mystic and conspiratorial. It might be worth asking yourself the all-important question 'am I reading too much into this?' from time to time.

Or just do fewer hallucinogens.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4697 on: March 31, 2023, 12:45:35 PM »

Or just do fewer hallucinogens.

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #4698 on: March 31, 2023, 12:53:57 PM »
Utter, utter horseshit
How so. Rubbing nose is a gesture that indicates deception.
I ask anyone to look it up.
And also anyone to watch clearly what occurs when Tom Ross asks a question on 12 mins. Then make up your minds now you know what a gesture called pinocchio effect is.

Apparently, a former USA president was also doing such with his hand to nose.

Anyway it was just an observation. If people don't want to pick up on those things then thats their preogrative.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 12:59:02 PM by Footy-Vill »

Online Monty

« Reply #4699 on: March 31, 2023, 12:59:35 PM »
Utter, utter horseshit

FV, it's worth learning all of these 'x means y' body language ideas are baseless pseudoscience.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4700 on: March 31, 2023, 01:13:06 PM »
I've mentioned before how Emery is constantly fidgeting with his face when he's being interviewed. As Paulie says, this is clearly because he's still a bit uncomfortable speaking in English, and isn't the usual 'tells' you get when somebody is lying etc.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #4701 on: March 31, 2023, 01:19:49 PM »
Utter, utter horseshit

FV, it's worth learning all of these 'x means y' body language ideas are baseless pseudoscience.
Well, I always listen and usually do what other posters request or say when all are considered. And you're one of sound reason, Monty.
I personally believed it to be rather accurate. However, wjen others cast some things in a different light despite some of my training in observation, I'm willing to close the case on this one as after all Unai Emery and the players of Aston Villa, don't need to have further investigation or scrutiny.

Apologies. Back to the subject of football.

Up The Villa!

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #4702 on: March 31, 2023, 01:23:51 PM »
I've mentioned before how Emery is constantly fidgeting with his face when he's being interviewed. As Paulie says, this is clearly because he's still a bit uncomfortable speaking in English, and isn't the usual 'tells' you get when somebody is lying etc.
Fair point Risso and Paulie previously. And Emery is expressive and a passionate man.
I take on entirely what Paulie says. And its very insightful in another way than my own insights.
Respect to you both in what has been said as I like to pay attention to you two as you're fair and (mostly) enjoy your musings and knowledge on football and all things.
So I've closed the case on body language. I have swayed too far from what this forum on h and v is about.

As we were.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2023, 01:30:03 PM by Footy-Vill »

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4703 on: March 31, 2023, 01:27:29 PM »

As well as 'how might I be coming across to the reader'.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4704 on: March 31, 2023, 01:27:51 PM »
Footy mate, if you're so well versed in 'seeing things' how come you can't see the woods for the trees?  I'm intrigued.

Uncalled for, referee! The minnows need support.

Online Monty

« Reply #4705 on: March 31, 2023, 01:32:26 PM »
Utter, utter horseshit

Well, I always listen and usually do what other posters request or say when all are considered. And you're one of sound reason, Monty.
I personally believed it to be rather accurate. However, wjen others cast some things in a different light despite some of my training in observation, I'm willing to close the case on this one as after all Unai Emery and the players of Aston Villa, don't need to have further investigation or scrutiny.

Apologies. Back to the subject of football.

Up The Villa!

It's fair enough FV, it's not astrology, it has a basis in something real - it's just more complicated than it looks. E.g., as others have said, rubbing your nose as Emery's doing indicates discomfort, which in some situations (police interrogations perhaps) might mean you're hiding something. But that doesn't mean it's like that in every scenario.

Another classic is 'woman fiddling with her hair is into you'. Sometimes, maybe! But hardly always.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4706 on: March 31, 2023, 01:33:27 PM »
Utter, utter horseshit

Precisely.

Offline Footy-Vill

« Reply #4707 on: March 31, 2023, 01:36:11 PM »

As well as 'how might I be coming across to the reader'.
Well to Monty.
That's why I was wondering if others were of ritualistic mind or tendency at times.
My number imagery of 3 and 22 was a first regards football matters but not in free association and drawing. And I am going to be looking for signs regards 3 and 22 tomorrow. It actually to help me as I'm live at the game.

To OCD
And now that I've been made aware of it, I'd want to apologise for my thinking once more veering off the subject of football and the fact that you and others have to read what are essentially considered to be unrelated topics for football debate.

As we were.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4708 on: March 31, 2023, 01:36:34 PM »
I am constantly touching parts of my face.

Namely the inside of my nose with my preferred picking finger.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #4709 on: March 31, 2023, 01:41:59 PM »
I'm frequently stroking my chin at some stuff on here. Chinny reckon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal