collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

All aboard the shuttle bus. by devilla
[Today at 01:00:22 PM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by olaftab
[Today at 12:54:55 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 12:48:20 PM]

Aston Villa in the FA Cup (cont) by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 11:58:30 AM]

FFP by FatSam
[Today at 11:23:15 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by curiousorange
[Today at 11:19:49 AM]

Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: John McGinn - signed (Captain)  (Read 653754 times)

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: John McGinn - signed (Captain 2022/23)
« Reply #4680 on: March 30, 2023, 09:31:40 PM »
McGinn has said Scotland were absolutely time wasting against Scotland. Has to be wise to his comments as both captain of Villa but also that he is coached by Spainish.

I think one of the FV collective has been on some special medicines tonight.

Offline johnc

• GM : 15.02.2025
« Reply #4681 on: March 30, 2023, 09:57:16 PM »
McGinn has said Scotland were absolutely time wasting against Scotland. Has to be wise to his comments as both captain of Villa but also that he is coached by Spainish.

I think one of the FV collective has been on some special medicines tonight.
Even Martinez would doff his cap to that level of time wasting

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4682 on: March 30, 2023, 10:15:08 PM »

Do you think Emery might be angry with McGinn because Scotland engaged in time wasting against Spain?

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #4683 on: March 31, 2023, 08:36:08 AM »

Do you think Emery might be angry with McGinn because Scotland engaged in time wasting against Spain?
disgusting him wasting time, should send him to Dublin as a punishment, don't let him back until Saturday morning as well

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #4684 on: March 31, 2023, 09:23:06 AM »
Think the goals against international opponents thing is an odd argument. Particularly for someone who plays for Scotland - who've had a somewhat sparse record of games in World Cup / European Championship finals for the last 25 years ... who exactly is he meant to have scored goals against? Cos pretty much by definition 3/4 of the games he's been playing have been against sides that haven't qualified for a WC/EC. Or is it that players should intentionally save up their goals against shit teams so they can score them against better ones?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #4685 on: March 31, 2023, 09:29:11 AM »

disgusting him wasting time, should send him to Dublin as a punishment, don't let him back until Saturday morning as well
I have a feeling that he's going to get a mouthful from Emi Martinez this morning. Total amateur he was!

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4686 on: March 31, 2023, 10:14:44 AM »
Think the goals against international opponents thing is an odd argument. Particularly for someone who plays for Scotland - who've had a somewhat sparse record of games in World Cup / European Championship finals for the last 25 years ... who exactly is he meant to have scored goals against? Cos pretty much by definition 3/4 of the games he's been playing have been against sides that haven't qualified for a WC/EC. Or is it that players should intentionally save up their goals against shit teams so they can score them against better ones?

Yeah but it would be nice to see him whack one in against Liverpool again. It's been far too long.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #4687 on: March 31, 2023, 11:26:48 AM »
I watched Emery's pre-match press conference last night and he was asked whether there was any banter between him and McGinn (over the result). The question seemed to totally go over Emery's head as he went on to say how pleased he is with McGinn, what a good player he is, how he always has a smile on his face in training etc. The journalist had to re-phrase the question, by which point Emery just seemed to brush it away. Get the feeling he doesn't really give a shit that Scotland beat Spain.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4688 on: March 31, 2023, 11:36:38 AM »
I watched Emery's pre-match press conference last night and he was asked whether there was any banter between him and McGinn (over the result). The question seemed to totally go over Emery's head as he went on to say how pleased he is with McGinn, what a good player he is, how he always has a smile on his face in training etc. The journalist had to re-phrase the question, by which point Emery just seemed to brush it away. Get the feeling he doesn't really give a shit that Scotland beat Spain.

As a Basque it may be that Unai genuinely doesn't care a toss for Spain, or indeed anyone a bit Spainy like the 'Spainish'

Offline Footy-Vill

• GM : 01.11.2024
« Reply #4689 on: March 31, 2023, 12:25:47 PM »

As a Basque it may be that Unai genuinely doesn't care a toss for Spain, or indeed anyone a bit Spainy like the 'Spainish'

In regards to Tom Ross question in 12 minute of the presser.
When Emery responded with a clear and obvious nose touch and then declared "I like him," I believe I saw a sign that was very intriguing and obvious to my trained eye.

I'm well versed in seeing things but for those who aren't familiar the gesture made is called the pinocchio effect.

I have more to say about Emery's hand gestures at the Villa news briefing on Unai Emery thread, including another clear and obvious sign to the trained eye. I also advise people to interpret between the lines of Emery's communication regarding his preference for mature players. That reveals a lot about some of the squads behavior.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4690 on: March 31, 2023, 12:30:30 PM »
Utter, utter horseshit

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #4691 on: March 31, 2023, 12:31:18 PM »
I can think of a very appropriate hand gesture at this point in time.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #4692 on: March 31, 2023, 12:32:15 PM »

He didn't understand the question at first (the bragging rights thing) and got his assistant to explain it to him.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #4693 on: March 31, 2023, 12:34:34 PM »

In regards to Tom Ross question in 12 minute of the presser.
When Emery responded with a clear and obvious nose touch and then declared "I like him," I believe I saw a sign that was very intriguing and obvious to my trained eye.

I'm well versed in seeing things but for those who aren't familiar the gesture made is called the pinocchio effect.

I have more to say about Emery's hand gestures at the Villa news briefing on Unai Emery thread, including another clear and obvious sign to the trained eye. I also advise people to interpret between the lines of Emery's communication regarding his preference for mature players. That reveals a lot about some of the squads behavior.

Have you ever spoken a foreign language in a work environment, Footy?

It is very challenging, especially when your level is that of UE's (which is not the highest). One of the things you find yourself doing is adopting other bits of body language, mostly because you are being put on the spot and asked difficult questions in a work environment.

It is totally different to the way people act and their little tics and movements when thinking so fast and on their feet and answering in another language, especially when languages do not come naturally to you.

You might also want to reflect on his mindset when speaking in English these days after the merciless pisstake he got over it when he was at Arsenal.

Online dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #4694 on: March 31, 2023, 12:37:17 PM »
Footy mate, if you're so well versed in 'seeing things' how come you can't see the woods for the trees?  I'm intrigued.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal