collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by algy
[Today at 07:57:27 AM]

Re: FFP by algy
[Today at 07:51:30 AM]

Re: FFP by Rigadon
[Today at 07:24:35 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 07:18:33 AM]

Re: FFP by rob_bridge
[Today at 07:02:22 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by JD
[Today at 05:32:46 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:32:33 AM]

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Hillbilly
[Today at 04:27:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621551 times)

Offline leylandalbion

• GM : 06.05.2015
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #4440 on: January 24, 2023, 12:19:19 PM »
Fans initiative for as many to bring scarfs as well. Should be a great welcome for Duran and whoever else!

Offline Sdwbvf

« Reply #4441 on: January 24, 2023, 07:48:08 PM »
Don't think there's much chance of not if the weather keeps up.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #4442 on: February 01, 2023, 03:25:15 PM »
I wonder if the owners have been hit financially. Sawaris has a large stake in Adidas, and their share price halved over the last few months. Egypt has serious currency issues at the moment too, as the banks have no dollars following a collapse in value against the dollar. I operate in the same industry as Sawaris there (fertiliser), and some very large companies in the industry have millions of dollars worth of goods stuck in port there. Farmers have not been able to access seed to plant crops this season in some sectors. I have had money stuck in the system there for 6 months as my customers' bank can't get dollars, and can't get goods out of the docks because of it.

I doubt he is skint, but he could well have issues accessing some of his funds at the moment.

Might explain the january window parsimony.

Thereagain maybe the club needs to trim the wage bill enough to free up enough for a couple of more expensive signings in the summer. Either way with Emery managing us we will do better next season.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #4443 on: February 01, 2023, 03:27:38 PM »
I would say he is down to his last $6bn.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4444 on: February 01, 2023, 03:29:18 PM »
Sawiris is based in London though, and I'd be surprised if he holds much of his free cash in a relatively volatile spot like Egypt.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

« Reply #4445 on: February 01, 2023, 03:54:47 PM »
Sawiris is based in London though, and I'd be surprised if he holds much of his free cash in a relatively volatile spot like Egypt.

No I doubt it too, it's more the ability to move new cash from his business interests that I think may be a temporary issue. I have about $700k stuck in Egypt that I have been slowly getting in £10k chunks. My customer has the money in the bank in Egyptian pounds, but the central bank is restricting access to US dollars, Euros and Sterling so the bank can't pay me. This is a serious issue for anyone exporting to Egypt at the moment, the docks are full of stuck containers pending dollar availability.

It is not like he is in the service industry, he has physical manufacturing there.

As said I doubt he is skint, but I would be very surprised if he hasn't been hit with a few issues. The farming industry is in chaos there at the moment.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 03:57:13 PM by ASHTONVILLA »

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #4446 on: February 01, 2023, 04:05:37 PM »
I have about $700k stuck in Egypt that I have been slowly getting in £10k chunks. My customer has the money in the bank in Egyptian pounds, but the central bank is restricting access to US dollars, Euros and Sterling so the bank can't pay me. This is a serious issue for anyone exporting to Egypt at the moment, the docks are full of stuck containers pending dollar availability.
If you would like to e-mail me I will get it for you through Western Union. Indeed, I've just completed a similar transaction with an ailing Nigerian gentlemen. Funnily enough, I had to send €5000 to cover the administration fees. But he says the $5m is on its way so all's good.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #4447 on: February 01, 2023, 04:07:00 PM »
I have about $700k stuck in Egypt that I have been slowly getting in £10k chunks. My customer has the money in the bank in Egyptian pounds, but the central bank is restricting access to US dollars, Euros and Sterling so the bank can't pay me. This is a serious issue for anyone exporting to Egypt at the moment, the docks are full of stuck containers pending dollar availability.
If you would like to e-mail me I will get it for you through Western Union. Indeed, I've just completed a similar transaction with an ailing Nigerian gentlemen. Funnily enough, I had to send €5000 to cover the administration fees. But he says the $5m is on its way so all's good.

tsk I only deal with the King himself

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #4448 on: February 01, 2023, 04:16:21 PM »

No I doubt it too, it's more the ability to move new cash from his business interests that I think may be a temporary issue. I have about $700k stuck in Egypt that I have been slowly getting in £10k chunks. My customer has the money in the bank in Egyptian pounds, but the central bank is restricting access to US dollars, Euros and Sterling so the bank can't pay me. This is a serious issue for anyone exporting to Egypt at the moment, the docks are full of stuck containers pending dollar availability.

It is not like he is in the service industry, he has physical manufacturing there.

As said I doubt he is skint, but I would be very surprised if he hasn't been hit with a few issues. The farming industry is in chaos there at the moment.

I dread to think what your demurrage fees are like at the port !!

Offline ASHTONVILLA

« Reply #4449 on: February 01, 2023, 04:23:32 PM »

I dread to think what your demurrage fees are like at the port !!

Over $40k and counting. Cleared one container load last week, three to go.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #4450 on: February 01, 2023, 04:25:19 PM »
I don’t think there’s been any deviation from what the owners said when they arrived. Invest in the youth set up, invest initially in the first team and then let the club be self sustainable.
It’s a plan I agreed with at the time and ethically I agree with it now. The only issue is that the PL spending has become ridiculous with every club having the financial power to spend more than most clubs in Europe.
Then you’ve got the sky 6 which is now a 7 with the arrival of their new club Newcastle and it’s becoming virtually impossible to challenge on a regular basis. FFP added then it’s become even harder and if clubs are allowed to negotiate their own TV deals in the future then wave goodbye to the “best league in the world.”  It’ll become even more of a monopoly than it is now.
It’s becoming a run away train and those of us old enough to remember 1992 would tell you this was predictable.
Running the club as our owners want is the only way and hopefully when this money bubble bursts we’ll be in a good position and won’t go bust.
I’ve been taken in by it at times and gave myself a slap last night at being upset by not getting a forward in. I’m grateful to them for saving us and still think they are the best owners we’ve had for a long, long time.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #4451 on: February 01, 2023, 05:02:15 PM »
I don’t think there’s been any deviation from what the owners said when they arrived. Invest in the youth set up, invest initially in the first team and then let the club be self sustainable.
It’s a plan I agreed with at the time and ethically I agree with it now. The only issue is that the PL spending has become ridiculous with every club having the financial power to spend more than most clubs in Europe.
Then you’ve got the sky 6 which is now a 7 with the arrival of their new club Newcastle and it’s becoming virtually impossible to challenge on a regular basis. FFP added then it’s become even harder and if clubs are allowed to negotiate their own TV deals in the future then wave goodbye to the “best league in the world.”  It’ll become even more of a monopoly than it is now.
It’s becoming a run away train and those of us old enough to remember 1992 would tell you this was predictable.
Running the club as our owners want is the only way and hopefully when this money bubble bursts we’ll be in a good position and won’t go bust.
I’ve been taken in by it at times and gave myself a slap last night at being upset by not getting a forward in. I’m grateful to them for saving us and still think they are the best owners we’ve had for a long, long time.

Great post. Sooner or later, as is inevitable, a few clubs are going to go bust - can’t continue at the pace it’s going. From an ownership perspective, I don’t look with envy at any other PL club.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4452 on: February 01, 2023, 05:03:30 PM »
I remember people saying Man City's owners were going to get bored pretty quickly.

I also remember Mazrim arguing they "weren't that rich anyway".

Clubs aren't going to go bust, the likes of Boehly might be nuts, but he's not stupid.

*wink*

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4453 on: February 01, 2023, 05:07:34 PM »
I remember people saying Man City's owners were going to get bored pretty quickly.

I also remember Mazrim arguing they "weren't that rich anyway".

Clubs aren't going to go bust, the likes of Boehly might be nuts, but he's not stupid.

*wink*

Did he really say that about Citeh? Jesus, I remember an article in the Observer I think it was, where they visualised the wealth of their owners against Abramovich in blocks, and the best way I can describe it was like a man standing with one parcel in front of a full Amazon fulfilment centre.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #4454 on: February 01, 2023, 05:53:53 PM »
If Mazrim was the man standing with the parcel, he musta been pretty short.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal