collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 668158 times)

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #4470 on: February 04, 2023, 08:07:31 PM »
Net spends of PL clubs 22/23.

Chelsea: +£548.70million
Manchester United: +£199.35m
Nottingham Forest: +£190.59m
West Ham: +£173.85m
Newcastle: +£169.80m
Southampton: +£147.15m
Arsenal: +£146.96m
Tottenham: +£145.50m
Bournemouth: +£75.45m
Wolves: +£69.35m
Liverpool: +£66.00m
Fulham: +£49.95m
Brentford: +£44.90m
Leeds: +£43.86m
Crystal Palace: +£39.03m
Aston Villa: +£36.80m
Everton: -£18.70m
Leicester: -£23.50m
Man City: -£62.76m
Brighton: -£105.60m

I like this. Shows we're being run sustainably and have lots of money.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #4471 on: February 04, 2023, 08:11:16 PM »
Do you get a trophy for that?

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #4472 on: February 04, 2023, 08:22:53 PM »
Do you get a trophy for that?

Not my point. I remember summer 2018 and I'm glad we're much healthier now.

Online Marlon From Bearwood

« Reply #4473 on: February 04, 2023, 08:30:59 PM »
Random thought just now.

Work on the new North Stand starts "in the spring", which I assume means no North Stand for the next two seasons whilst the new one is being built.

Which means it's going to be largely impossible for non ST holders to get tickets to matches as our capacity will be down 7k or so, which is more or less current capacity minus away seats minus season ticket holders.

Liverpool are currently building a new Anfield Road stand whilst the existing stand is still fully open for business, so maybe we could do similar.

Offline Goldie.7

« Reply #4474 on: February 04, 2023, 08:49:48 PM »
Random thought just now.

Work on the new North Stand starts "in the spring", which I assume means no North Stand for the next two seasons whilst the new one is being built.

Which means it's going to be largely impossible for non ST holders to get tickets to matches as our capacity will be down 7k or so, which is more or less current capacity minus away seats minus season ticket holders.

Liverpool are currently building a new Anfield Road stand whilst the existing stand is still fully open for business, so maybe we could do similar.

I'm looking forward to our skyscrapercity thread. I'm currently following Everton's new stadium and pools new stand on there religiously.

Offline Chris Harte

« Reply #4475 on: February 04, 2023, 09:03:45 PM »
Random thought just now.

I'm not convinced that'd be a good idea. We built the upper tier of the Doug Ellis Stand on top of the existing lower, but the lower then needed to be demolished. A complete rebuild I suspect would be best in the long run.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4476 on: February 05, 2023, 10:27:28 AM »
Random thought just now.

I'm looking forward to our skyscrapercity thread. I'm currently following Everton's new stadium and pools new stand on there religiously.

We’ve got one already.

‘Villa Park Expansion’.

https://www.skyscrapercity.com/threads/villa-park-expansion.2328784/page-17#post-181861353
« Last Edit: February 05, 2023, 10:30:19 AM by Percy McCarthy »

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #4477 on: February 05, 2023, 10:40:15 AM »
Let me take a wild guess who ianrobo on there might be?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4478 on: February 05, 2023, 10:46:31 AM »

A familiar name to me too, but I can’t remember what he’s infamous for. Is he the bloke who ran for election on an anti-Ellis ticket?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #4479 on: February 05, 2023, 11:10:29 AM »

A familiar name to me too, but I can’t remember what he’s infamous for. Is he the bloke who ran for election on an anti-Ellis ticket?

That was Ian Robinson.

Offline Risso

« Reply #4480 on: February 05, 2023, 11:15:00 AM »

Bloody hell, you must remember Ian Robo? Made a dick of himself on here on 030303. Called Dave and Mac all the names under the sun for having the brass neck to help set up things at the ground before the game.

And bloody hell number 2, twenty years ago, christ.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #4481 on: February 05, 2023, 11:20:47 AM »

Bloody hell, you must remember Ian Robo? Made a dick of himself on here on 030303. Called Dave and Mac all the names under the sun for having the brass neck to help set up things at the ground before the game.

A few years before my time, I’ve seen this mentioned a few times over the years, what does ‘help set things up’ entail?

Offline Risso

« Reply #4482 on: February 05, 2023, 12:18:51 PM »
Dave will remember, wasn't it claret and blue cards on the seats at VP or something? Something along those lines anyway. It was a horrible night and Robobum came on afterwards and started calling everybody c***s.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4483 on: February 05, 2023, 01:54:26 PM »

I don’t think I was on here then. And I was ‘setting things up’ myself after the game lol.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #4484 on: February 05, 2023, 03:34:51 PM »
There were cards put in the Holte and Jay Forsyth's infamous flag display. After that night, Our Hero got increasingly irate over the next few years, seeing everything in terms of him being right and everyone else was a sell-out. He tended to get over-excited a lot. 

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal