collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621750 times)

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #2265 on: July 31, 2021, 09:40:46 AM »
I have absolute full faith that these owners will be doing everything they can to deliver the right outcome for Aston Villa, and I think most people here will agree with me. I honestly don’t think we could be in better hands right now. Up the Villa.

I agree but if Grealish is sold this will be their biggest test. It will make their job of selling the ambition of the club to new players a little more difficult.
a little ? I would suggest an awful lot and it’s not just new players I would worry about.

Yeah exactly. Say Man Utd come in for Konsa next summer for example, what's he going to be thinking.

Any new big ish players from Europe would see us a good platform to show their ability in the top league to impress the 'big' teams.

If the "big" clubs want our players every summer then we must be doing something right.

Every player is different and every player has their price. If Man Utd offered us £100m for Konsa next summer I'd drive him to Old Trafford myself!

As long as every year we progress, and that sometimes means cashing in on players at their peak value, then that's the main thing.

And if Europe's brightest and best want to come to the Villa because they know it'll benefit their career in the long run them what's the problem? It hasn't done Dortmund any harm and they've just sold one of their best players too.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2266 on: July 31, 2021, 09:46:00 AM »
Absolutely Adam. I’ve seen quite a lot of criticism of Chelsea and Man City for buying their trophies, but if we can’t buy so and so we’re never going to catch them. It’s a bit of a hypocritical way of thinking. If we’re building from the bottom each year and adding quality where we can why can’t we still achieve success? Leicester haven’t done too badly with this method have they.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #2267 on: July 31, 2021, 09:54:58 AM »
If the "big" clubs want our players every summer then we must be doing something right.

Every player is different and every player has their price. If Man Utd offered us £100m for Konsa next summer I'd drive him to Old Trafford myself!

As long as every year we progress, and that sometimes means cashing in on players at their peak value, then that's the main thing.

And if Europe's brightest and best want to come to the Villa because they know it'll benefit their career in the long run them what's the problem? It hasn't done Dortmund any harm and they've just sold one of their best players too.

I appreciate the argument you make but Dortmund are about as likely to win Bundesliga as we are winning the PL. That's because they keep selling their best players. Best case for us is we become another Leicester but I think very, very difficult to repeat their sustained success in the transfer market.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2268 on: July 31, 2021, 10:02:24 AM »
I can sense a bit of criticism creeping in of the owners and I just don't get it. We've gone from being on the verge of selling Jack for next to nothing to thinking nothing of spending £30m on a player. Let's just see how this pans out because let's face it, they've been nothing but superb since they've been here.

Offline N'ZMAV

« Reply #2269 on: July 31, 2021, 10:07:39 AM »
no point in criticising the owners - everything has a price....

Let's see what the owners do once Jack's gone - that'll be the point to consider criticism; if they get that wrong. 

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #2270 on: July 31, 2021, 10:08:13 AM »
... What I see with this group  is a clear plan  of buying players who can develop. Someday, I presume the outlay on players will have to become reasonable...
"Someday" will be the point when the investment we're currently making in U23 players starts to pay out with those players either being successful in our first team or being sold for good amounts.
Between now and then, we obviously need to continue to improve with the right players being brought in: the next 10 days will reveal to us how successful our purchasing is.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #2271 on: July 31, 2021, 10:19:11 AM »
I can sense a bit of criticism creeping in of the owners and I just don't get it. We've gone from being on the verge of selling Jack for next to nothing to thinking nothing of spending £30m on a player. Let's just see how this pans out because let's face it, they've been nothing but superb since they've been here.

That's the way I see it.

They've managed to keep him for a few years, against the odds.

I think it's highly likely that he had a agreement in place to leave, if a big bid came in, that interested him.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #2272 on: July 31, 2021, 10:24:11 AM »

I appreciate the argument you make but Dortmund are about as likely to win Bundesliga as we are winning the PL. That's because they keep selling their best players. Best case for us is we become another Leicester but I think very, very difficult to repeat their sustained success in the transfer market.

In the last decade Dortmund have won the league twice, the German FA Cup once, have finished in the top 4 in all but one of those seasons and played European football every season - almost all of those in the Champions League. On top of that they've got a tremendous stadium and are seen as the place to be if you're one of Europe's best young players.

If the Villa can replicate that, I'll take it.

Offline simboy

• GM : 05.11.2024
« Reply #2273 on: July 31, 2021, 10:24:59 AM »

Exactly. If the paper talk is correct they have offered Grealish £200k a week (or £10.4 million a year), which is supposedly what he will get if he signs for citeh. The ball is firmly in the grealish camp. His agent and family will advise him but I cannot see what more NSWE can realistically do.

If Grealish leaves, let be clear, it’s not for the want of NSWE trying to keep him.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2274 on: July 31, 2021, 10:25:32 AM »

Let's see what the owners do once Jack's gone - that'll be the point to consider criticism; if they get that wrong. 
No not for me. We thought this lot were different but they are not. This all sounds like the horrible Yorke, Young, Milner track. If they were different this the time and place to stand up and say NO. This is anopther set of businessmen who treat the club as a business nothing more.

Offline charleeco7

« Reply #2275 on: July 31, 2021, 10:27:17 AM »

Exactly. If the paper talk is correct they have offered Grealish £200k a week (or £10.4 million a year), which is supposedly what he will get if he signs for citeh. The ball is firmly in the grealish camp. His agent and family will advise him but I cannot see what more NSWE can realistically do.

If Grealish leaves, let be clear, it’s not for the want of NSWE trying to keep him.

This.

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #2276 on: July 31, 2021, 10:29:41 AM »
As I said last night these owners have done more than enough to deserve some latitude. Jack would have been gone years ago for peanuts and we’d have been in financial ruin were it not for them. How about don’t turn on them the first time something happens we don’t like? We have no idea of the circumstances around this.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2277 on: July 31, 2021, 10:30:39 AM »

This.

Also adding this supposed release clause which would have happened last year. How can this be blamed at the owners. I would imagine the agent would have insisted on this. Isn’t the clause very similar to a pre-nuptial if you are marrying into wealth? It’s to protect what’s around the next corner.

Offline Ad@m

« Reply #2278 on: July 31, 2021, 10:35:13 AM »

No not for me. We thought this lot were different but they are not. This all sounds like the horrible Yorke, Young, Milner track. If they were different this the time and place to stand up and say NO. This is anopther set of businessmen who treat the club as a business nothing more.

Come off it! They won't see a penny of this money. If we sell it will be because Jack wants to leave, there's no point keeping a player who wants out, and the funds will be reinvested in the squad.

Claiming they are no different to the likes of Ellis is just nonsense.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2279 on: July 31, 2021, 10:42:47 AM »
Guess we aren't another Chelsea or Man City looking to break the mould. That's a real shame. They have been and they are top owners. But the dream is a little dead right now and its very hard to buy into the project of European football.

FFP was introduced specifically to stop another Chelsea or Man City. Our owners are easily wealthy enough, but the rules of the game stop them buying success. So if selling one player for £100m means the whole squash improves then that's the game we've got to play.

Man City have spent £918m since Pep took over, now they're signing Rat. What's compliment about that?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal