collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 668254 times)

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #2295 on: July 31, 2021, 11:44:03 AM »
They've given up. An absolute crossroads and they've laid down and took it. Pathetic.

The evidence points to a player/agent agitating to get out so I think that's why this has progressed so far.

To me it’s blatantly obvious that there’s a clause in the contract.
not to me, if it was , then why is it being reported as a bid as opposed to triggering the release clause?

Offline frank black

« Reply #2296 on: July 31, 2021, 11:50:16 AM »
They've given up. An absolute crossroads and they've laid down and took it. Pathetic.

The evidence points to a player/agent agitating to get out so I think that's why this has progressed so far.

not to me, if it was , then why is it being reported as a bid as opposed to triggering the release clause?

We will just see how this pans out. Seems strange that it appears to have happened so smoothly for Man city and that they were confident enough to apparently to slot in a medical under the assumption we will accept it.

Offline Rudy65

« Reply #2297 on: July 31, 2021, 11:59:10 AM »

You rarely hear of bids being linked to contractual release clauses. It’s a nonsense to think Jack would have signed a 5 year contract without given the previous season we had nearly been relegated

I have no idea why some are turning on the owners,  it’s ridiculous. Also we don’t want to keep an unhappy player if he really wants to go. The situation with Kane is crazy as Spurs try to keep him

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2298 on: July 31, 2021, 12:04:41 PM »
It isn't crazy. It's Tottenham quite rightly deciding to hold onto their best player while we, according to reports, look set to sell ours.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #2299 on: July 31, 2021, 12:07:19 PM »
My point is that there is no benefit to this because our owners are already outrageously wealthy.  Selling Grealish weakens us massively and strengthens them.  We won’t be able to spend that 100m on same-level players, but had a chance to do that with one world class player already at the club. 

What benefit do you see in this? 
I think you know well and just need the last word. The club gets the best deal and so does the player. That is a benefit to both.

Ok.  Let me rephrase it.  What benefits are there for Aston Villa’s fans?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2300 on: July 31, 2021, 12:13:49 PM »
It isn't crazy. It's Tottenham quite rightly deciding to hold onto their best player while we, according to reports, look set to sell ours.
even though Kane has come out and said he wants to go, where we have had complete silence from player and club.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #2301 on: July 31, 2021, 12:48:15 PM »

You rarely hear of bids being linked to contractual release clauses. It’s a nonsense to think Jack would have signed a 5 year contract without given the previous season we had nearly been relegated

I have no idea why some are turning on the owners,  it’s ridiculous. Also we don’t want to keep an unhappy player if he really wants to go. The situation with Kane is crazy as Spurs try to keep him

Aren't release clauses very rare in England? What other big transfers have been triggered by hitting a release clause in England? Common in Spain, sure, because they have to have one but not sure it's common anywhere else.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2302 on: July 31, 2021, 01:26:46 PM »
Delph and Benteke had them I think. As did Suarez at Liverpool.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #2303 on: July 31, 2021, 01:31:08 PM »
Yeah but they were able to ignore Suarez's one for some reason. Or was that Torres?

Online danno

« Reply #2304 on: July 31, 2021, 01:31:23 PM »
Delph and Benteke had them I think. As did Suarez at Liverpool.

The Suarez one was strange, it basically amounted to having to inform him if a bid over a certain amount came in. It was why they were able to reject Arsenal's bid for him.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #2305 on: July 31, 2021, 01:35:01 PM »

Yes very disappointing if it plays out like that. Kane has less years left on his contract, older and Spurs on way down now while we still have ability to get a few places higher.

We need to be finishing above likes of Spurs sooner or later but near impossible if Kane stays as they'll have too much firepower to win tight games, we probably won't.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #2306 on: July 31, 2021, 01:37:35 PM »
With Kane and Tottenham it's totally different scenario, he been promised that they will win the premier league,FA cup and league cup next season and win the champions league the following season like they promise every season

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #2307 on: July 31, 2021, 01:50:11 PM »
Yeah but they were able to ignore Suarez's one for some reason. Or was that Torres?

I've never understood why people are confused by this. Arsenal triggered the clause but Liverpool knew he wasn't bothered about going so they offered him a new deal instead and then 'rejected' the bid. This is perfectly reasonable because the clause is between the club and player, if the player doesn't hold them to it then they don't have to accept the bid.

Offline Hairbandinho

« Reply #2308 on: July 31, 2021, 01:57:33 PM »
The value I don't get as we should have got more, this confuses me. As for the actual decision to sell? We clearly don't want too and it's Grealish forcing the move. A week before the season starts. Just so he could have a nice time with England.

And people call you out when you say he isn't a legend because of this. Tell me, how is this any better than Delph? At least with him the club actually said, we need to sell you.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
« Reply #2309 on: July 31, 2021, 02:48:12 PM »

I've never understood why people are confused by this. Arsenal triggered the clause but Liverpool knew he wasn't bothered about going so they offered him a new deal instead and then 'rejected' the bid. This is perfectly reasonable because the clause is between the club and player, if the player doesn't hold them to it then they don't have to accept the bid.

So if Suarez had said he was off, they wouldn't have been able to stop him? The way it was reported in the press always came across that Liverpool had rejected the bid out of hand and Racist Dracula had no choice.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal