collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by RichardBatchelor
[Today at 07:40:42 AM]

International Rugby by nigel
[Today at 07:38:44 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by amfy
[Today at 07:14:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 04:08:44 AM]

Games Moved for TV by Percy McCarthy
[March 18, 2024, 11:00:20 PM]

Press-ing on by Archbishop Herbert Cockthrottle
[March 18, 2024, 10:48:26 PM]

Luton A by purpletrousers
[March 18, 2024, 10:24:29 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 619242 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #1665 on: February 28, 2020, 12:14:57 PM »
I can't foresee a scenario where any valuation of Villa Park would be less than £10m, even if its considered the 3 independent valuations over valued it.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1666 on: February 28, 2020, 12:21:30 PM »
I can't foresee a scenario where any valuation of Villa Park would be less than £10m, even if its considered the 3 independent valuations over valued it.

Me neither - I'm just hoping that the sale is not factored into the £68m loss figure because that would still leave us £10m light/heavy.

Villa seem confident, as they have done all the way through.  I trust their judgement.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1667 on: February 28, 2020, 12:23:10 PM »
I see the PL has confirmed but will we still have a problem with the EFL if we go down?

Don't think so:

"Aston Villa can confirm that in the 3-year period ending May 31, 2019, the Club complied with the EFL’s Profitability & Sustainability Rules. "

There is of course a big difference between us confirming it and the EFL doing so - Fingers crossed though.

Yes, that's a good point, it says we believe we are compliant, the EFL saying that is another thing.

Forget that, what have Villaleaks got to say about it? Or that bellend in the Guardian comments section.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #1668 on: February 28, 2020, 12:28:47 PM »
If you wnat the detail I'd pop over to Smallheath Alliance, they'll have multiple experts all over it by now.

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
« Reply #1669 on: February 28, 2020, 01:41:42 PM »
Forget that, what have Villaleaks got to say about it? Or that bellend in the Guardian comments section.
I know the one you mean.  He's obsessed with our finances.

Offline VinnieChase84

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1670 on: February 28, 2020, 02:18:48 PM »
Long and short of it is we have passed all 3 years. Premier league happy with our books. stadium sale was in last years so that means thats been signed off fine by both EFL and EPL. (plus we are debt free)

Guess media will have to look for the next club to have a witchhunt for

Meanwhile Man united increase of net debt, from £247.2million to £384.5million and thats ok allegedly

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1671 on: February 28, 2020, 02:19:20 PM »
I know the one you mean.  He's obsessed with our finances.

Isn't he just? You could be reading an article on the top ten artisan peanut butters, and down there in the comments they'll be some mention on how unfair it is for peanut butter manufacturers that Villa have been allowed to breach FFP.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1672 on: February 28, 2020, 02:29:42 PM »
So we are Ok with FFP I'm not too good with finances.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #1673 on: February 28, 2020, 02:31:30 PM »

Lend us a tenner.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #1674 on: February 28, 2020, 02:37:48 PM »

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #1675 on: February 28, 2020, 02:40:52 PM »
I think his problems is that you appear to dramatize and catastrophise every possible situation.

All i said was i fear the losses will be astronomical  whats wrong with that ?

We spent 150m in the summer with no major out goings.

I gurantee if i responded in the way he did id be jumped on.

Paulie isn't reacting to this single episode.

To couch it another way; event A happens. People react. Some positively, some with indifference and some with concern. A discussion develops.

Your take on a matter is universally dramatic. It's a bad scenario and what's worse, theres fire and brimstone raining down from the sky. Rivers and seas boiling, 40 years of darkness, earthquakes and volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifices, cats living with dogs. Mass hysteria. See all that? That's you that is.

And I think that is what has ground Paulies' gears.

You left out the 4 Horsemen?

Offline ColinMac

• GM : 12.05.2021
« Reply #1676 on: February 28, 2020, 03:19:06 PM »

Lend us a tenner.
[/quo

Lend us a tenner.

LOL

Bad with money and with the quote function here :op

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #1677 on: February 28, 2020, 03:28:37 PM »
So the lerner pay off 30m that would go towards our FFP record?

I dont see how thats fair that the fraud Xia almost destroyed us so our owners had to pay him off and then pay lerner a agreement he made with Lerner.

No - The Lerner payoff is disregarded for FFP (along with another £15m)

We are left with a figure of £23m which is £10m over the £13m threshold.

We're talking about a figure of £10m, that's all.  The ground sale will hopefully account for that.

Thanks for clearing that up mate. Makes it easy to understand 😃

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1678 on: February 29, 2020, 11:52:34 AM »
Interesting that a lot of the commentary in the statement dwells on the default of Xia repaying the £30m promotion clause to Lerner.

Does that mean when our current owners bought (saved) the club, that the agreement upon Xia's purchase from Lerner in 2016 remained whereby Xia was still liable for the Lerner pay-off should we get promoted last season? That must have been factored into how much Xia was paid for the club (ie more) than if Edens/Sawiri had taken-on the promotion liability (maybe all parties thought we were unlikely to win promotion last year).

Makes you wince how poor an owner (as well as cash-poor poor) the "Doc" was. I wonder would other, less benevolent new owners have refused to pay Lerner, stating it wasn't their obligation...where the fcuk would that have left us?
In short, Nas and Wes, thank you. Randy and Tony, fuck off.

Offline Villatillidie1982

« Reply #1679 on: February 29, 2020, 12:08:22 PM »
Interesting that a lot of the commentary in the statement dwells on the default of Xia repaying the £30m promotion clause to Lerner.

Does that mean when our current owners bought (saved) the club, that the agreement upon Xia's purchase from Lerner in 2016 remained whereby Xia was still liable for the Lerner pay-off should we get promoted last season? That must have been factored into how much Xia was paid for the club (ie more) than if Edens/Sawiri had taken-on the promotion liability (maybe all parties thought we were unlikely to win promotion last year).

Makes you wince how poor an owner (as well as cash-poor poor) the "Doc" was. I wonder would other, less benevolent new owners have refused to pay Lerner, stating it wasn't their obligation...where the fcuk would that have left us?
In short, Nas and Wes, thank you. Randy and Tony, fuck off.
  Surely the club is riddled with debt, to Nas and Wes. Selling the family silver (Villa Park) means it has more cash but less assets. Villa Park can now be turned into a retail park and there is nothing that anybody at the club could do about it. Maybe the Coventry City fans were right when they sang "We'll meet again" when we relegated them all those years ago.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal