collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

FFP by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:27:04 AM]

Kits 23/24 by Risso
[Today at 10:26:05 AM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by sid1964
[Today at 10:07:04 AM]

International Rugby by paul_e
[Today at 10:06:23 AM]

Nicolò Zaniolo SIGNED (on loan) by john e
[Today at 10:00:02 AM]

West Ham v Aston Villa post match by aj2k77
[Today at 09:29:53 AM]

Games Moved for TV by olaftab
[Today at 09:19:58 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by ROBBO
[Today at 04:59:13 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by ChicagoLion
[Today at 10:27:04 AM]

Re: FFP by Simon Page
[Today at 10:26:07 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Risso
[Today at 10:26:05 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Simon Page
[Today at 10:20:43 AM]

Re: FFP by tomd2103
[Today at 10:19:14 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 10:09:09 AM]

Re: Kits 23/24 by Risso
[Today at 10:08:20 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by sid1964
[Today at 10:07:04 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 619289 times)

Online Demitri_C

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #1650 on: February 28, 2020, 10:53:44 AM »
I think his problems is that you appear to dramatize and catastrophise every possible situation.

All i said was i fear the losses will be astronomical  whats wrong with that ?

We spent 150m in the summer with no major out goings.

I gurantee if i responded in the way he did id be jumped on.

The £150m spent in the summer are not relevant until this time next year.  Accounting is 1 year behind real time - So we are looking at the period ending 12 months ago (combined with the previous  seasons).

In any case, we received TV money to counter the £150m (which is probably spread over 3 or 4 years by way of stage payments).

It's wages that kill us, not transfer fees.

@ads

See this is the kind of reply that is more productive  educating others  not stupid points about me wanking off if results turn out bad

I see various other posts that are negative but he dont say anything to them . He is obsessesd with me for some reason . Its very hypocritical to criticise me then him reply with even more negativity about me.

Thanks brassneck for that post that gives me a better understanding of the numbers.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #1651 on: February 28, 2020, 10:55:30 AM »
I think his problems is that you appear to dramatize and catastrophise every possible situation.

Paulie isn't reacting to this single episode.

To couch it another way; event A happens. People react. Some positively, some with indifference and some with concern. A discussion develops.

Your take on a matter is universally dramatic. It's a bad scenario and what's worse, theres fire and brimstone raining down from the sky. Rivers and seas boiling, 40 years of darkness, earthquakes and volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifices, cats living with dogs. Mass hysteria. See all that? That's you that is.

And I think that is what has ground Paulies' gears.

See that record cup final defeat? That's your mom, that is.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1652 on: February 28, 2020, 11:02:08 AM »

Paulie isn't reacting to this single episode.

To couch it another way; event A happens. People react. Some positively, some with indifference and some with concern. A discussion develops.

Your take on a matter is universally dramatic. It's a bad scenario and what's worse, theres fire and brimstone raining down from the sky. Rivers and seas boiling, 40 years of darkness, earthquakes and volcanoes, the dead rising from the grave, human sacrifices, cats living with dogs. Mass hysteria. See all that? That's you that is.

And I think that is what has ground Paulies' gears.

See that record cup final defeat? That's your mom, that is.

I had hollies so it cant be.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1653 on: February 28, 2020, 11:20:07 AM »

The £150m spent in the summer are not relevant until this time next year.  Accounting is 1 year behind real time - So we are looking at the period ending 12 months ago (combined with the previous  seasons).

In any case, we received TV money to counter the £150m (which is probably spread over 3 or 4 years by way of stage payments).

@ads

See this is the kind of reply that is more productive  educating others  not stupid points about me wanking off if results turn out bad

I see various other posts that are negative but he dont say anything to them . He is obsessesd with me for some reason . Its very hypocritical to criticise me then him reply with even more negativity about me.

Thanks brassneck for that post that gives me a better understanding of the numbers.

I am obsessed with you? I've replied to your posts about three times ever.

Mostly because i scroll past them as fast as my little fingers can work the trackpad.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1654 on: February 28, 2020, 11:25:23 AM »

@ads

I am obsessed with you? I've replied to your posts about three times ever.

Mostly because i scroll past them as fast as my little fingers can work the trackpad.

Ignore my posts in future  i dont wish to engage in conversation with people like you.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1655 on: February 28, 2020, 11:37:00 AM »
A Villa fan?

Offline ajmant

« Reply #1656 on: February 28, 2020, 11:40:00 AM »
I see we have an announcement re the finances on the official site.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #1657 on: February 28, 2020, 11:43:41 AM »
From Pravda:

Announcement on Financial Results

Exceptional promotion-related costs of £45.8m including a one-off £30m contingent payment to former owner Randolph D Lerner were substantial contributory factors in the £68.9m loss recorded in Aston Villa’s group accounts for the year ended May 31, 2019 published today.

The Club’s ultimate parent company, NSWE SCS, introduced £30m by way of a capital injection to enable the Club to settle the liability when former owner Recon Group Limited defaulted on the payment.

The payment was made in accordance with the provisions of the purchase agreement of May 2016 between Recon Group Limited (Buyer), Randolph Lerner / Alfred Lerner Declaration of Trust (together the Sellers) and Zhejiang Ruikang Investment Co. Limited and Jian Tong Xia (together the Guarantors).

The terms of the agreement stipulated that if Recon Group Limited and the Guarantors failed to pay the £30m bonus due to the Sellers on Aston Villa’s promotion back to The Premier League, the Club would be liable for the payment.

On June 6, 2019, Recon Group Limited (Hong Kong) confirmed default on the payment. The liability was settled through payment on July 12, 2019. As a result, the Club made provision for a £30m liability in the 2018/19 year-end accounts.

NSWE SCS is wholly owned by Wes Edens and Nassef Sawiris.

During the year the ownership group introduced £105.7m into the Club all of which was in the form of capital injections which resulted in Aston Villa remaining debt free.

Aston Villa can confirm that in the 3-year period ending May 31, 2019, the Club complied with the EFL’s Profitability & Sustainability Rules. After promotion, The Premier League reviewed and confirmed compliance in accordance with their own policies and procedures.

Turnover in the financial year to May 31, 2019 was £54.3m, a fall of £14.3m compared to the year ended May 31, 2018. This was primarily due to a reduction in Premier League parachute payments in the third successive season the club competed in The Championship.

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1658 on: February 28, 2020, 11:49:09 AM »
I see the PL has confirmed but will we still have a problem with the EFL if we go down?

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1659 on: February 28, 2020, 11:50:55 AM »
I see the PL has confirmed but will we still have a problem with the EFL if we go down?

Don't think so:

"Aston Villa can confirm that in the 3-year period ending May 31, 2019, the Club complied with the EFL’s Profitability & Sustainability Rules. "

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #1660 on: February 28, 2020, 11:52:28 AM »

Don't think so:

"Aston Villa can confirm that in the 3-year period ending May 31, 2019, the Club complied with the EFL’s Profitability & Sustainability Rules. "
[/quote

Sorry missed that.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1661 on: February 28, 2020, 11:55:01 AM »

Don't think so:

There is of course a big difference between us confirming it and the EFL doing so - Fingers crossed though.

£68m loss minus £45m exceptional costs leaves us with a loss of around £23m (£10m over the FFP threshold).  Hopefully, the ground sale will cover this.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #1662 on: February 28, 2020, 11:58:25 AM »
So the lerner pay off 30m that would go towards our FFP record?

I dont see how thats fair that the fraud Xia almost destroyed us so our owners had to pay him off and then pay lerner a agreement he made with Lerner.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #1663 on: February 28, 2020, 12:01:40 PM »
So the lerner pay off 30m that would go towards our FFP record?

I dont see how thats fair that the fraud Xia almost destroyed us so our owners had to pay him off and then pay lerner a agreement he made with Lerner.

No - The Lerner payoff is disregarded for FFP (along with another £15m)

We are left with a figure of £23m which is £10m over the £13m threshold.

We're talking about a figure of £10m, that's all.  The ground sale will hopefully account for that.

Online pauliewalnuts

« Reply #1664 on: February 28, 2020, 12:11:41 PM »

Don't think so:

There is of course a big difference between us confirming it and the EFL doing so - Fingers crossed though.

Yes, that's a good point, it says we believe we are compliant, the EFL saying that is another thing.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal