collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621687 times)

Offline Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #1515 on: October 12, 2019, 05:00:42 PM »
Brent said BE wasn't allowed to say anything about our esteemed Prime Minister because he (BE) doesn't pay tax in Britain.

As my fourteen year is so fond of saying - whilst rolling his eyes - "I know, right?"

I wonder how much UK tax Wes Edens pays, and whether he's allowed an opinion on BoJo. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this Brent?

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #1516 on: October 12, 2019, 05:51:16 PM »
Is he the same Brent as that one from the Slough of despond.

Offline brentastonb6

• GM : 28.12.2020
« Reply #1517 on: October 12, 2019, 10:13:56 PM »
Now that I've got over the initial shock, bemusement, and incredulity, and we've had a laugh and that, I hope that brentastonb6 doesn't come out with that shite about having to pay taxes to have an opinion again. Fucking ludicrous! Get a grip!
Thanks Chummy but I had a total grip when I said what I said thanks . Boris is the current leader of the country and hopefully one who will give us the opportunity to grow  without constraint . In your  opinion you think he’s taking us over the abyss (you sound like most of the remoaning neigh sayers who think the world will stop spinning should we leave the ailing EU but that’s a bit strange as you obviously opted not to remain here yourself)
  In my opinion he isn’t but then like yours it’s just my opinion. No one said you can’t have an opinion only that your opinion from France is just that - words . What are you doing to currently improve our country from a foreign land ?  taxes on this occasion was my reference point as that’s what allows us to spend, invest and hopefully improve everybody’s life.
So thanks for your advice but I choose the counsel I  take and I certainly don’t take it from you.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #1518 on: October 12, 2019, 10:28:36 PM »
Is it possible to keep the politics to off topic? Don't get me wrong, I like a good argument about politics as the next person, but there's a place and a time, and that's "off topic" and "after you click 'off topic'"

Offline brentastonb6

« Reply #1519 on: October 12, 2019, 10:29:08 PM »
Brent said BE wasn't allowed to say anything about our esteemed Prime Minister because he (BE) doesn't pay tax in Britain.

As my fourteen year is so fond of saying - whilst rolling his eyes - "I know, right?"

I wonder how much UK tax Wes Edens pays, and whether he's allowed an opinion on BoJo. I'd love to hear your thoughts on this Brent?
[quote author=Rodders link=topic=58778.msg3658762#msg3658762 date=1570896042

[/quote]

Well Rodders my thoughts on this are : Both our owners are currently putting money into our club and our local economy, their investment has increased our gates as we are successful, we’ll be using more matchday staff as a result of this and possibly/ probably throughout the club , they are taken from our locality so helping with employment in our region , they’ll also be paying taxes through PAYE like all our club’s colleagues should they pass through the tax threshold.
Hopefully they’ll  be extending/ improving / rebuilding our ground thus generating even more employment and taxation.
Does that answer your question?

Offline brentastonb6

« Reply #1520 on: October 12, 2019, 10:32:51 PM »
Is it possible to keep the politics to off topic? Don't get me wrong, I like a good argument about politics as the next person, but there's a place and a time, and that's "off topic" and "after you click 'off topic'"
👍

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1521 on: October 12, 2019, 10:34:32 PM »
Why didn't Thatcher take that penalty at Arsenal?

Offline brentastonb6

« Reply #1522 on: October 12, 2019, 10:36:49 PM »
Is he the same Brent as that one from the Slough of despond.
No, this one is made here in Birmingham thanks 👍

Offline brentastonb6

« Reply #1523 on: October 12, 2019, 10:38:26 PM »
Why didn't Thatcher take that penalty at Arsenal?
Denis wouldn’t let her ?

Offline themossman

• GM : 06.05.2022
« Reply #1524 on: October 12, 2019, 10:59:34 PM »
Neigh sayers? Why the long face?

Offline Rodders

« Reply #1525 on: October 12, 2019, 11:18:09 PM »
Thanks for responding Brent. As a son of Shropshire who thinks that Darwin was talking out of his arse and that it is mutual aid rather than competition that is key to the evolution of any species, whilst I agree that NSWE's investment does and - I hope we all hope - will continue to contribute to the economy both in B6 and nationally, what I asked was whether Wes Edens, not a UK citizen, shouldn't be allowed to voice his opinion on our Prime Minister as he is not resident here and therefore doesn't pay UK taxes?

I'm not saying he has or he should, but if he wanted to would he in your opinion have the right to do so?

What if he did so from the lobby of the as-yet unproposed and unbuilt hotel behind the North Stand? It would belong to him and stand on ground that he owns and yet he doesn't pay income tax in the UK (as far as we know).

I realise that this is the sort of equivocating that got the Jesuits into a great deal of trouble, but I am genuinely interested and hope that it is at least partially on topic.

The £57m share conversion that has sparked the recent resurrection of this thread will eventually be subject to indirect taxation, partially through the likes of me, who had a tax rebate last year, and Bad English or indeed Wes Edens, who don't contribute via PAYE either, enjoying and being taxed on a Balti Pie and pint of Heineken at Villa Park. But according to your logic we would apparently not be entitled to voice our opinion on Great Britain's First Lord of the Treasury with a mouth full of Pukka pastry and, gasp, FOREIGN beer made by nondom Euro types in Holland (unless it's that rank "brewed under licence" shite from Edinburgh).

Whilst I do get your drift, even when people don't pay PAYE or hand over a cheque when their P60 arrives they - we! - are still being heavily taxed on pretty much everything else we do.

Where would it end? If Scotland secede from the Union would John McGinn be allowed to voice his opinion?

Your thoughts?

Offline Rodders

« Reply #1526 on: October 12, 2019, 11:20:44 PM »
Actually, sod it.

Back to the hotel. Claret walls and blue bed sheets in the rooms or vice versa?

Offline brentastonb6

« Reply #1527 on: October 12, 2019, 11:39:30 PM »
Actually, sod it.

Back to the hotel. Claret walls and blue bed sheets in the rooms or vice versa?
You choose, it’s all about opinions isn’t it ?

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #1528 on: October 13, 2019, 08:35:16 AM »
Now that I've got over the initial shock, bemusement, and incredulity, and we've had a laugh and that, I hope that brentastonb6 doesn't come out with that shite about having to pay taxes to have an opinion again. Fucking ludicrous! Get a grip!
Thanks Chummy but I had a total grip when I said what I said thanks . Boris is the current leader of the country and hopefully one who will give us the opportunity to grow  without constraint . In your  opinion you think he’s taking us over the abyss (you sound like most of the remoaning neigh sayers who think the world will stop spinning should we leave the ailing EU but that’s a bit strange as you obviously opted not to remain here yourself)
  In my opinion he isn’t but then like yours it’s just my opinion. No one said you can’t have an opinion only that your opinion from France is just that - words . What are you doing to currently improve our country from a foreign land ?  taxes on this occasion was my reference point as that’s what allows us to spend, invest and hopefully improve everybody’s life.
So thanks for your advice but I choose the counsel I  take and I certainly don’t take it from you.
Spectacularly insular, small-minded, apes the language of Trump, level of debate as high as a daisy.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1529 on: October 13, 2019, 08:43:38 AM »
Spectacularly insular, small-minded, apes the language of Trump, level of debate as high as a daisy.

And an utter ****** to boot.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal