collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 654820 times)

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #1500 on: October 11, 2019, 10:37:40 AM »
I am not a political person - but Boris is doing exactly what the electorate voted for!

Jesus. H. Christ.

Offline West Derby Villan

• GM : 09.05.2022
« Reply #1501 on: October 11, 2019, 10:40:45 AM »
Rebuild the North Stand

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #1502 on: October 11, 2019, 10:41:52 AM »
I am not a political person - but Boris is doing exactly what the electorate voted for!

Jesus. H. Christ.

He's right though.  He's not a political person.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1503 on: October 11, 2019, 10:56:58 AM »

He really isn't he's trying to deliver 1 fairly extreme interpretation of a very close vote. As has been repeated many, many times on the political threads on here there was no clear intention of leaving the Customs Union or Single Market presented during campaigning and there was definitely no one talking about dropping back to WTO trade rules, there was no meaningful discussion on the difficulty of the Irish border and there was no timescale set for this to all happen.

That said, as I mentioned, this has all been discussed in the political threads in off topic and should stay there.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #1504 on: October 11, 2019, 12:18:59 PM »

He really isn't he's trying to deliver 1 fairly extreme interpretation of a very close vote. As has been repeated many, many times on the political threads on here there was no clear intention of leaving the Customs Union or Single Market presented during campaigning and there was definitely no one talking about dropping back to WTO trade rules, there was no meaningful discussion on the difficulty of the Irish border and there was no timescale set for this to all happen.

That said, as I mentioned, this has all been discussed in the political threads in off topic and should stay there.

Well that's a first. Have you just told yourself to shut up?!

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #1505 on: October 11, 2019, 12:24:08 PM »

Well that's a first. Have you just told yourself to shut up?!

Pretty much, and tried to nudge Sid to off topic as well.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #1506 on: October 11, 2019, 03:04:38 PM »

Jesus. H. Christ.

Ha ha, quality

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1507 on: October 12, 2019, 12:09:48 PM »
Looking around, it's incredible how much support Xia still has. He was a charlatan, a con man if you like, who almost took us into administration yet somehow there's always an excuse for him.
Sounds a bit like Boris Johnson. But at least Xia was removed before he could tip us over the edge.
Says you from France ? Keep politics out of sport unless you pay your taxes here still ?????

I pay my taxes here, can I say it please? Here goes - sounds a bit like Boris Johnson.

I also pay my taxes here. Sounds a bit like Boris Johnson, who is a c***.
In your opinion which you are entitled too , the more you say it the more I like Boris .

I’ve had some rows about football over the years but I’ve never really gone off anyone in Heroes Discussion before. I thought Off Topic was where all the bodies were buried.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #1508 on: October 12, 2019, 02:15:53 PM »
Now that I've got over the initial shock, bemusement, and incredulity, and we've had a laugh and that, I hope that brentastonb6 doesn't come out with that shite about having to pay taxes to have an opinion again. Fucking ludicrous! Get a grip!

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #1509 on: October 12, 2019, 02:32:08 PM »
Well I pay taxes so I am entitled to an opinion on Aston Villa and as things stand I am not too disappointed at our progress so far under the new owners .

Offline TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #1510 on: October 12, 2019, 02:38:12 PM »
What next? Only members of the Taxpayers' f-ing Alliance allowed to comment on the Villa? Jeez.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #1511 on: October 12, 2019, 02:54:20 PM »
Taxes are for little people.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1512 on: October 12, 2019, 02:55:19 PM »

Jesus. H. Christ.

😁😁😁

Offline Rodders

• GM : 30.08.2024
« Reply #1513 on: October 12, 2019, 04:43:01 PM »
I'm interested in just how much tax Brent actually pays. Can we subpoena his returns so they can be publicly scrutinised and we can establish his eligibility to comment from there?

For the purpose of clarity I should disclose that I had a rebate from HMRC last year so I'm less entitled than anybody to have an opinion on anything at all, never mind the Villa. Probably just as well.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1514 on: October 12, 2019, 04:52:56 PM »
I am interested in exactly when and why this thread became a political thread.

However, I am not interested enough to trawl back through the pages to find out.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal