collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by Nev
[Today at 11:12:18 AM]

Re: FFP by Nev
[Today at 11:04:06 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Dr Butler
[Today at 10:50:21 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:49:10 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:46:00 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 10:36:15 AM]

Re: Aston Villa Women 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 10:35:30 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[Today at 10:29:02 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621622 times)

Offline KRS

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #1065 on: July 29, 2019, 01:47:19 AM »
For me the development, expansion or rebuild of Villa Park is inevitable in the not too distant future, so there are a few simple options:

a. purchase more land around Villa Park and rebuild the individual stands with reduced capacity during the season.
b. purchase more land around Villa Park, build a new stadium and temporarily move to new Alexander stadium.
c. purchase new land and build new stadium, and remain at Villa Park until complete.

The future of Villa Park seems to very much depend on the ownership and infrastructure of the surrounding land. I would prefer an amazing new stadium where we belong, however I think it would be fair to suggest that relocating would be more financially and logistically viable.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1066 on: July 29, 2019, 02:50:29 AM »
We could play at St Andrews, the Hawthorns or Molineux. It'd be their first capacity attendance ever, I'd imagine.

Though I'd prefer somewhere cleaner, and people with the normal amount of fingers in the surrounding area.

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1067 on: July 29, 2019, 04:02:01 AM »
Wes Edens said something interesting in an interview I saw posted a few weeks ago at some business seminar in the States.

He was asked about buying the Villa and his reply was along the lines of he didn't quite know what to expect but when they arrived at the ground he was awestruck - I think the quote was "it was like walking in and suddenly realising you'd bought Fenway Park'.  He gets it.

I smiled when I heard him say this as regardless of whether we are successful or not Villa Park has and will always be a source of immense pride for me being a Villa fan.  It's historic, it's beautiful (and it still is despite what anyone says) it's authentic and it's home. I've heard it mentioned by commentators and other clubs supporters how great it is that VP is back as a PL ground and they are not talking about the club in general but the ground. Easy for me to say from such a distance granted but the day we move from VP is a day a big chunk of that club dies imo.

Regard Arsenal and Spurs, well Arsenal we're desperately chasing the extra revenue from tourist supporters (38k capacity at Highbury) as were West Ham while Spurs new ground is built on roughly the same footprint as WHL (36k capacity). That's not to say VP couldn't have an upgrade but a 50-55K capacity should be enough. The thought of Aston Villa moving out of Aston - a massive no from me.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:23:59 AM by OzVilla »

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #1068 on: July 29, 2019, 04:06:01 AM »
For me the development, expansion or rebuild of Villa Park is inevitable in the not too distant future, so there are a few simple options:

a. purchase more land around Villa Park and rebuild the individual stands with reduced capacity during the season.
b. purchase more land around Villa Park, build a new stadium and temporarily move to new Alexander stadium.
c. purchase new land and build new stadium, and remain at Villa Park until complete.

The future of Villa Park seems to very much depend on the ownership and infrastructure of the surrounding land. I would prefer an amazing new stadium where we belong, however I think it would be fair to suggest that relocating would be more financially and logistically viable.

Option B if we have to.

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #1069 on: July 29, 2019, 05:50:07 AM »
Wes Edens said something interesting in an interview I saw posted a few weeks ago at some business seminar in the States.

He was asked about buying the Villa and his reply was along the lines of he didn't quite know what to expect but when they arrived at the ground he was awestruck - I think the quote was "it was like walking in and suddenly realising you'd bought Fenway Park'.  He gets it.

I smiled when I heard him say this as regardless of whether we are successful or not Villa Park has and will always be a source of immense pride for me being a Villa fan.  It's historic, it's beautiful (and it still is despite what anyone says) it's authentic and it's home. I've heard it mentioned by commentators and other clubs supporters how great it is that VP is back as a PL ground and they are not talking about the club in general but the ground. Easy for me to say from such a distance granted but the day we move from VP is a day a big chunk of that club dies imo.

Regard Arsenal and Spurs, well Arsenal we're desperately chasing the extra revenue from tourist supporters (38k capacity at Highbury) as were West Ham while Spurs new ground is built on roughly the same footprint as WHL (36k capacity). That's not to say VP couldn't have an upgrade but a 50-55K capacity should be enough. The thought of Aston Villa moving out of Aston - a massive no from me.

You've nailed it for me.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1070 on: July 29, 2019, 06:18:05 AM »
If we consider a temporary move to Alexander Stadium, this is worth a read - https://www.birmingham.gov.uk/news/article/434/plans_revealed_for_alexander_stadium_redevelopment.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #1071 on: July 29, 2019, 07:10:43 AM »

You've nailed it for me.

100% agree.

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1072 on: July 29, 2019, 08:12:34 AM »
 This is an intetesring debate but as things stand the only "ground improvements" the owners have done is to spruce up the exterior of the North stand.To my knowledge theres no indication that they have anything else planned apart from rebuilding the offices. If all goes well next season and the ground sells out many times they may well look at expanding VP. I don't know of any available brownfield site in the area so moving away from Aston would most likely see us relocate somewhere near the NEC. Personally i'd hate that idea. My choice if it comes to it would be to redevelop Villa Park. Theres room for a bigger and better North Stand and with a lot of arm twisting with the council room could be made for a bigger and better Witton Lane stand. Ridding the club of some of the cheapskate mishmash work under Ellis making the ground more symmetrical and aesthecically more  pleasing to look at in one fell swoop. A capacity of 50,000 to 55,000 is plenty i think and achievable. Improvements to Aston & Witton stations and thats it were done.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 08:15:17 AM by The Edge »

Online luke95

« Reply #1073 on: July 29, 2019, 08:30:59 AM »
If we do ever have to move for a complete rebuild I can not see it being anywhere else but the Alexander/Perry Barr stadium site . Brum city centre would be a none starter

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1074 on: July 29, 2019, 08:39:05 AM »
I would add to that The Edge while they are twisting the arm of the Council the acquisition of the redundant strip of land flanking the Aston Expressway to build Aston Villa Approach direct from the HP roundabout to Holy Trinity church.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1075 on: July 29, 2019, 08:41:27 AM »
I couldn’t see it being anywhere but close to an existing or proposed rail line, staying on the cross city line makes sense.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #1076 on: July 29, 2019, 08:52:46 AM »
Not finding fault with your idea Peter but Brighton put all their fan attendance pretty much in the one basket of rail access.  The problems generated by the rail operators has made Brighton the nightmare fixture for travelling fans.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #1077 on: July 29, 2019, 10:48:58 AM »
Short-medium term, redevelopment of the north stand seems the obvious choice to me. Existing planning permission in place, build could be done without too much fuss and I think 53,000 capacity would be plenty. let’s worry about complete re-builds/ moving, when we’ve filled a 53,000 ground for a few years.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #1078 on: July 29, 2019, 11:05:08 AM »
Expansion via a new North Stand wouldn’t be a game-changer in terms of revenue. A new stadium could be. The owners will be looking at all options I should think and they’ve done nothing wrong so far. I’m up for a new ground in the city if they are.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #1079 on: July 29, 2019, 11:11:10 AM »
It was nice of Coventry to move out of their stadium just in case we need it whilst Villa Park is being rebuilt.  ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal