collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 654887 times)

Offline PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2018, 05:57:49 PM »
Right assuming this is all as it seems, how do we get round FFP and plough money into the playing squad.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2018, 05:58:47 PM »
No I said we negotiate a settlement and pay it,

And if it's a points deduction? Or we're denied promotion or a spot in the play-offs?
I am pretty sure these people know what they are doing.
There is nothing to stop them discussing the situation now.
If the result of those conversations is a point deduction then we know that they will have to flog the family silver.
I do not believe there has been an FFP points deduction so it would be brave of the league to single us out.
Based on the ( speculative) financial information that is out there, I think it might be impossible to avoid breaching FFP so you could be in the might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2018, 05:59:10 PM »
There's some excellent flouncing on the SHA forum.

We always come up smelling of roses, jammy bas!*$$ds they are, why can they get investment and not us, we are the Birmingham team, ha ha ohh bless them

Not jammy, that history they always take the piss out of us is what defines us, what gives us the stature and standing in English football. The sooner they come to terms with this the less it will hurt......

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2018, 05:59:33 PM »
If it is £35m for 55% that means it would be cheaper to buy Aston Villa than it was to buy Virgil van Dijk.

But Virgil is unlikely to cost you about 3 times that in the coming years and a shitload of angry Brummies on your case.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #64 on: July 20, 2018, 06:02:30 PM »

And if it's a points deduction? Or we're denied promotion or a spot in the play-offs?
If the result of those conversations is a point deduction then we know that they will have to flog the family silver.
I do not believe there has been an FFP points deduction so it would be brave of the league to single us out.
Based on the ( speculative) financial information that is out there, I think it might be impossible to avoid breaching FFP so you could be in the might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb.

That's because, as has been said numerous times before, no one as breached FFP since the rule change. And your last sentence is exactly what will lead to severe punishments.

Offline achilles

« Reply #65 on: July 20, 2018, 06:02:52 PM »

Yes, I think if we negotiated with the EFL and we presented a plan to reduce costs with the new majority owners then I would think that we would get away with just a fine.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2018, 06:07:58 PM »
The financial disparity between the PL and the Championship is ridiculous! Liverpool paying  £67M for a fucking goalkeeper?? Keep Jack and Chessie at all costs! We're talking wealth of thousands of millions...risk a fine!

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2018, 06:11:31 PM »

That's because, as has been said numerous times before, no one as breached FFP since the rule change. And your last sentence is exactly what will lead to severe punishments.
QPR is still appealing, there are other appeals in Europe.
The problem with a rule change is lack of precedent.
My view is that the new investors would have a strategy concerning the implications of FFP and will be having conversations and making appropriate plans to deal with it.
The fact that there is now real money and by the looks of skilled management, is in my opinion a game changer.
We can but hope.

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2018, 06:39:48 PM »
CAS overturned AC Milan's FFP Europa ban. Villa should appeal as well. Fuck 'em all.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/87791/ac-milans-european-football-ban-ffp-brea

Offline Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2018, 06:43:28 PM »
CAS overturned AC Milan's FFP Europa ban. Villa should appeal as well. Fuck 'em all.

http://www.kickoff.com/news/87791/ac-milans-european-football-ban-ffp-brea

I think the important part of the ruling is the "change of ownership" as the club were in a much better position than previously.

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2018, 06:49:41 PM »
And breathe...hopefully.

Welcome gentlemen, you will never own a better footballing institution.

Offline yammers

« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2018, 06:55:16 PM »
But most important can we possibly tell Levy to fuck off?

I would imagine that he would have to pay top dollar now as we’re no longer in dire straits. I prefer your version of telling him to get fucked though!

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2018, 07:03:36 PM »
I actually think I have figured out a away around ffp. I am going to try Nd get my head around it but thinks are making sense in my head

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #73 on: July 20, 2018, 07:09:43 PM »
Wesley R. Edens is a Founder and Co-Chairman of the Board of Directors of Fortress Investment Group LLC. Fortress was founded in 1998 and is a $62 billion alternative asset management company with headquarters in New York and offices around the world.

Nassef has a net wealth of $6.6bn and is the richest Egyptian in the world.

I have a hunch we're gonna be alright.

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #74 on: July 20, 2018, 07:09:47 PM »
That didn’t take long

https://www.avfc.co.uk/club/whos-who

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal