collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by aj2k77
[Today at 10:01:26 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 10:00:03 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by olaftab
[Today at 09:57:10 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by chrisw1
[Today at 09:56:02 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by john e
[Today at 09:55:13 AM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:55:00 AM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by brontebilly
[Today at 09:53:18 AM]

Re: Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by brontebilly
[Today at 09:51:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 621592 times)

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2018, 05:14:08 PM »
I really hope we get people making football decisions who can see sense and a long term gain. We all raised our eyebrows at the RDM and Round appointments, something tells me that these two chaps have a lot more experience and common sense.....cue the appointment of Big Sam!!

Offline auntiesledd

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2018, 05:17:48 PM »
Serious question: how will we stop irresponsible people at the club going on another player-buying spree to load us up with more ageing players on long-term contracts?

Now that we have arrested the financial problems, I sincerely hope that there will be an injection of intelligence, common sense and some coaching & tactics!

They could get rid of 'em all & bring in some responsible replacements. ;)

Offline GarTomas

« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2018, 05:18:30 PM »
Trust me, this will be a disaster.
Trust me, this will be an enormous success.
I can not decide who to believe from you two🤔

Well played. You know have 2 legitimate quotes to fall back on when it’s a roaring success or flaming disaster!

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2018, 05:19:42 PM »
I apologize if this has been answered in detail elsewhere but a friend of mine (United fan, banker) is asking why the new investors/co-owners can't just purchase the debt and start at 0 as far as FFP is concerned. Is there simply a rule in the FFP regulations that forbids this? Does all income have to be generated by sale of assets to factor against FFP losses?

Thanks.

FFP is just to do with income, expenses and losses. Our problems are caused by falling parachute payments and high wages for wasters like Richards.  The only real way out of the problem is to generate profit on player trading, hence the likely sales of Grealish and Chester.

Unless the new owners take a ‘fuck it’ approach to FFP, they’ll still probably have to be sold.
They could negotiate a settlement and pay it.

Barry didn’t take the penalty because under their current FFP rules, depending on how outrageously we flaunt them, they can fine us, deduct points or simply demote is a number of places. Do you want to win the league at a canter and discover we’re suddenly in the Play-offs?

Offline Leicester_Villian

« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2018, 05:20:10 PM »
From what I believe there are ways round FFP but we may need to look at these options
They may include stadium naming rights which could generate considerable cash but how would we feel if something prefixed Villa Park?
I cant see Jack not leaving but this deal I think pushes his value up as we are no longer in desperate need of cash
Maybe if we could then raise say 10 million from other sales without losing the main guys that would work
But if we are having a new start then it seems sensible to get a new manager in too

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2018, 05:22:08 PM »
I apologize if this has been answered in detail elsewhere but a friend of mine (United fan, banker) is asking why the new investors/co-owners can't just purchase the debt and start at 0 as far as FFP is concerned. Is there simply a rule in the FFP regulations that forbids this? Does all income have to be generated by sale of assets to factor against FFP losses?

Thanks.

FFP is just to do with income, expenses and losses. Our problems are caused by falling parachute payments and high wages for wasters like Richards.  The only real way out of the problem is to generate profit on player trading, hence the likely sales of Grealish and Chester.

Unless the new owners take a ‘fuck it’ approach to FFP, they’ll still probably have to be sold.
They could negotiate a settlement and pay it.

Barry didn’t take the penalty because under their current FFP rules, depending on how outrageously we flaunt them, they can fine us, deduct points or simply demote is a number of places. Do you want to win the league at a canter and discover we’re suddenly in the Play-offs?
No I said we negotiate a settlement and pay it,
Glad you Find the Barry penalty joke amusing after all these years.

Offline frank black

« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2018, 05:22:43 PM »

Blimey!!!!

Best get in early, just in case you can say “I told you so!” at some point 😂

Offline thick_mike

• GM : 26.02.2025
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2018, 05:22:54 PM »
Trust me, this will be an enormous success.
I can not decide who to believe from you two🤔

Well played. You know have 2 legitimate quotes to fall back on when it’s a roaring success or flaming disaster!

You have seen through my plan. One of those posts will mysteriously disappear in the years to come.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2018, 05:31:42 PM »
There's some excellent flouncing on the SHA forum.

Offline manic-road

« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2018, 05:37:21 PM »
Reading up on Wes Edens, he has some history of turning around an ailing sports club and turning them into competitors at the top level. Hope he can do the same at the Villa.

Offline Brassneck

« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2018, 05:41:55 PM »

Bless their cotton socks - They never learn do they?

Imagine how bitter and twisted they'll all be feeling tonight?  8)

This numpty is not far off the mark though to be fair.  I'd imagine he'd be in the top 2% on the "Education Levels Among Blues fans" thread  ;D:

They're like one of those birthday cake candles that re-light after you've blown them out. Utterly predictable and depressing this news is.

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2018, 05:42:49 PM »

We always come up smelling of roses, jammy bas!*$$ds they are, why can they get investment and not us, we are the Birmingham team, ha ha ohh bless them

Offline Three Spires Villa

« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2018, 05:45:43 PM »
Jack and Chester to sign 5 year deals, then the champagne corks start to pop!!!! :)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2018, 05:47:45 PM »
No I said we negotiate a settlement and pay it,

And if it's a points deduction? Or we're denied promotion or a spot in the play-offs?

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2018, 05:48:00 PM »
Any chance of our Egyptian connection getting Mo Salah stretching the shirt any time soon?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal