collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 671500 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #4875 on: February 14, 2024, 02:03:02 PM »
£500m seems light as a value for us.

Does it? Still a bold increase on what they bought us for.

Actually, yeah, our squad is worth that alone.

You then have to look at what they've pumped in since as well.

Something I heard about a lot when people like the BBC business reporters were talking about the Man Utd sale was that the rule of thumb for football club valuations was ‘5 x revenue’. That puts us at over a billion. But if 20% was bought for a hundred million, that puts us at half that. I’m surprised they sold 20%, I would have guessed it was 10.

I suspect that Atairos will be quite influential in the boardroom with 20%.

They don't have a seat on the board I don't think? Ownership/control is distinct. It's a sizeable sum though, not just a speculative see what happens sort of investment.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4876 on: February 14, 2024, 02:26:43 PM »
£500m seems light as a value for us.

Does it? Still a bold increase on what they bought us for.

Actually, yeah, our squad is worth that alone.

You then have to look at what they've pumped in since as well.

Something I heard about a lot when people like the BBC business reporters were talking about the Man Utd sale was that the rule of thumb for football club valuations was ‘5 x revenue’. That puts us at over a billion. But if 20% was bought for a hundred million, that puts us at half that. I’m surprised they sold 20%, I would have guessed it was 10.

I suspect that Atairos will be quite influential in the boardroom with 20%.

They don't have a seat on the board I don't think? Ownership/control is distinct. It's a sizeable sum though, not just a speculative see what happens sort of investment.

Indeed they may not be physically on the board, but they’d still have to sign off and pony up for any major investments, is what I meant.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #4877 on: February 14, 2024, 03:29:53 PM »
Interesting interview in the FT with Nasser, he has been actively reorganising his business interests and has made some disposals.
He said his involvement in Villa is not for money and said “it’s a passion it’s addictive and it can  ruin your weekend and into the next week “
I think we all know how he feels.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4878 on: February 14, 2024, 03:42:26 PM »
Interesting interview in the FT with Nasser, he has been actively reorganising his business interests and has made some disposals.
He said his involvement in Villa is not for money and said “it’s a passion it’s addictive and it can  ruin your weekend and into the next week “

Yeah, we’ve all read it. Lol.

Offline Demitri_C

« Reply #4879 on: February 14, 2024, 04:25:23 PM »
Preach nas!! Welcome to being a villa fan 😂

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4880 on: February 14, 2024, 09:22:13 PM »
I saw this thread updated and just assumed Nas had done his ACL and Wes was out for a while with his hamstring.

Online mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #4881 on: February 14, 2024, 10:47:59 PM »
I saw this thread updated and just assumed Nas had done his ACL and Wes was out for a while with his hamstring.

Made me chuckle.

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #4882 on: February 14, 2024, 11:19:37 PM »
It must be a bit odd owning a club and resisting the temptation to lose your shit over players you bought that fuck up.  Hell my mother in law still reminds me over what they spent on my and my wife’s wedding - imagine what it would be like having spent 30m on a center back built like a wardrobe and about as mobile.

Offline passport1

• "I'm a believer mate"
« Reply #4883 on: March 16, 2024, 04:09:05 PM »
Not sure what, if any, impact this situation has on our man .

https://ibb.co/v3XkXC7

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #4884 on: March 16, 2024, 04:13:18 PM »
Not sure what, if any, impact this situation has on our man .

https://ibb.co/v3XkXC7
Depends upon where the majority of his investments are domiciled.

Offline Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4885 on: March 16, 2024, 04:13:21 PM »
There's a reason he lives in London. I doubt he has much tied up in Egyptian pounds.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4886 on: April 12, 2024, 06:06:05 PM »
Atairos minority stake purchase in V Sports complete.

Here to "provide capital to fund infrastructure...". We all have our interpretations of what this means.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4887 on: April 12, 2024, 06:08:07 PM »
A 60,001 seater mega sports complex to get one over da booze!

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #4888 on: April 12, 2024, 06:08:55 PM »
V Sports S.C.S. (“V Sports”), a joint venture of Nassef Sawiris and Wesley Edens and the owner of Aston Villa FC Limited and Aston Villa Women Football Club Limited (together, “AVFC” or the “Club”), announced today the completion of the previously announced agreement with Atairos under which Atairos will become a minority partner in V Sports. V Sports will continue to own 100% of AVFC and will continue to have full control of all decisions at AVFC.

Nassef Sawiris and Wesley Edens said: “We are excited to enter this partnership with Atairos, which will provide capital to fund infrastructure investments and drive growth and sustainable value for AVFC and the broader V Sports network over time. Atairos is an established investor and has successfully partnered with numerous leading companies in the leisure, sports, live entertainment, and media industries, including in the UK and Europe. We are confident Atairos is the right long-term strategic partner to support our next phase of growth, and we are pleased to welcome the Atairos team to the V Sports family.”

Michael Angelakis, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer of Atairos, said: “We have deep respect for Aston Villa, its rich history and loyal fan base, world-class management team and employees, and the V Sports ownership group. We are confident this partnership will provide further long-term support for the growth of the Premier League and Aston Villa’s men’s and women’s teams. We look forward to working with Nassef, Wes and the Aston Villa team to strengthen the Club’s ability to compete and achieve even greater success.” 

About Atairos

Atairos is an independent strategic investment company focused on supporting growth-oriented businesses across a wide range of industries. Atairos provides a unique combination of active strategic partnership and patient long-term capital to high-potential companies and their management teams. Atairos was launched in 2016 and has over $6.5 billion of equity capital. Atairos has offices in New York City and Philadelphia. For more information, please visit www.atairos.com.

About V Sports

V Sports S.C.S. (“V Sports”) is a holding company jointly controlled by Nassef Sawiris and Wes Edens. V Sports is the current owner of Aston Villa Football Club and Aston Villa Women’s Football Club. During their stewardship of the 149-year-old institution since 2018, Aston Villa has been promoted from the English Football Championship to the Premier League and is now a participant in UEFA European competition. V Sports also holds a minority stake in Vitoria S.C. of the Portuguese Primeira Liga and has partnerships with a network of clubs including Real Union from Spain, Egyptian Premier League side, ZED FC and the recently crowned Japanese J1 League champions, Vissel Kobe.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2024/april/12/club-statement/

Confirmed.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4889 on: April 12, 2024, 06:10:25 PM »
Atairos minority stake purchase in V Sports complete.

Here to "provide capital to fund infrastructure...". We all have our interpretations of what this means.

New ground.

Unless anyone can think of any other required infrastructure investments needed?

Also, worthy of note, Villa Park doesn't belong to Villa, it belongs to another company in the V Sports group (remember that little bit of FFP dodging?).
« Last Edit: April 12, 2024, 06:12:55 PM by pauliewalnuts »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal