collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Season Tickets by Dogtanian
[Today at 03:05:46 PM]

Villa Park Redevelopment by Dazvillain
[Today at 02:59:41 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 02:54:23 PM]

The Running thread by Risso
[Today at 02:48:29 PM]

Cubs/Clarets membership by Si
[Today at 01:22:56 PM]

The Holte’s Last Stand by Stu82
[Today at 01:02:13 PM]

Championship Memories by Stu82
[Today at 12:57:32 PM]

Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by thick_mike
[Today at 12:53:40 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Season Tickets by Dogtanian
[Today at 03:05:46 PM]

Re: Season Tickets by ChicagoLion
[Today at 03:05:39 PM]

Re: Season Tickets by VillaTim
[Today at 03:02:35 PM]

Re: Season Tickets by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 03:02:34 PM]

Re: Season Tickets by VillaTim
[Today at 03:00:39 PM]

Re: Villa Park Redevelopment by Dazvillain
[Today at 02:59:41 PM]

Re: Season Tickets by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 02:58:42 PM]

Re: Season Tickets by dalians umbrella
[Today at 02:58:42 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 693296 times)

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3420 on: December 07, 2021, 09:39:31 AM »
Monorail is the answer.  Buy some land a mile or so away for parking. Try and get the old Maglev from Birmingham airport. No congestion because it's above the road obv.. Failing that, buy and adapt one of the old rollercoasters from The American Adventure themepark.
I heard there's some waste ground in the Bordesley area.  Was an old football ground once, but it's mostly fallen down now.  We could bulldoze that and use it as a carpark.

Nice idea, but its pretty congested there at the best of times. Also to get to Aston the monorail would have to cross a lot of roads and railways lines at the same level so a lot of extra cost. You'd want the monorail or cable car coming in the less congested way avoiding major roads. Probably Northish towards Witton and Perry Park not fair from the Wibbly Wobbly world of play

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3421 on: December 07, 2021, 09:41:54 AM »
Monorail is the answer.  Buy some land a mile or so away for parking. Try and get the old Maglev from Birmingham airport. No congestion because it's above the road obv.. Failing that, buy and adapt one of the old rollercoasters from The American Adventure themepark.

I agree, and anyone that doesn't is from Shelbyville.

Actually come up with a better idea now. Think i'm having one of those Tesla moments of inspiration this morning where the ideas just flood out. Monorail has to be pretty substantial and costly right? What about a cable car? Still keeps traffic away from the roads and works fine at Drayton Manor

Why not they've built one across the Thames 😁
Or how about we extend the canal from down by the Swan and Mitre and have a fleet of Hovercraft.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 09:47:27 AM by The Edge »

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #3422 on: December 07, 2021, 09:44:16 AM »
Indeed. That's what gave me the idea.  The thames one has a capacity of 2,500 people per hour or 30 buses!
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 09:48:36 AM by sickbeggar »

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3423 on: December 07, 2021, 09:53:11 AM »
I heard there's some waste ground in the Bordesley area.  Was an old football ground once, but it's mostly fallen down now.  We could bulldoze that and use it as a carpark.

I heard it was cursed, by Gypsy Rose McCormack, and if they ever build a multi-story car park on it the gates will keep getting stuck.
It would be contaminated land and we would have give it at least 50 years before we could use it. Bit like re-using an old sewage works.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3424 on: December 07, 2021, 10:06:57 AM »
Indeed. That's what gave me the idea.  The thames one has a capacity of 2,500 people per hour or 30 buses!

I drive under that great white elephant a few times a week and I’ve never seen anyone using it. One of Mayor Johnson’s lunatic vanity projects.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #3425 on: December 07, 2021, 10:07:53 AM »

I can think of better uses of public or private money than building a fucking cable car to get people to Villa Park.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #3426 on: December 07, 2021, 10:11:00 AM »

I drive under that great white elephant a few times a week and I’ve never seen anyone using it. One of Mayor Johnson’s lunatic vanity projects.

Would be a major attraction here I reckon and generate higher attendances. Away fans would love it, Green as well so would have Birmingham council salivating. Call it the Purslow skylift and i'm sure the club would be interested.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #3427 on: December 07, 2021, 10:13:38 AM »

I can think of better uses of public or private money than building a fucking cable car to get people to Villa Park.

Cost 60m in the most expensive city in the world. How much would the other options cost?

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3428 on: December 07, 2021, 10:15:03 AM »
Maybe we could have “football special” cable cars - old rolling stock for the away fans to smash up. That way it might be cheaper than the £60m it cost to build the London one.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #3429 on: December 07, 2021, 11:22:01 AM »

Cost 60m in the most expensive city in the world. How much would the other options cost?

60m pays for more buses and trains not a bloody antiquated method of transport that’s good for people who want to get up mountains and hills, not so good when you’re trying to transport as many people as possible in short time frames across distance.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #3430 on: December 07, 2021, 11:26:14 AM »

60m pays for more buses and trains not a bloody antiquated method of transport that’s good for people who want to get up mountains and hills, not so good when you’re trying to transport as many people as possible in short time frames across distance.

More buses = more congestion. Cable car dumping 2500 per hour into Aston, 30 less busses or 833 less cars (based on 3 per car). Also the train operators don't have loads of spare capacity knocking around like in the BR days or the track capacity because they rationalised it. Those extra carriages or trains will cost money and re-instating the infrastructure costs will probably dwarf 60m
« Last Edit: December 07, 2021, 11:30:18 AM by sickbeggar »

Online Duncan Shaw

« Reply #3431 on: December 07, 2021, 11:26:39 AM »

Would be a major attraction here I reckon and generate higher attendances. Away fans would love it, Green as well so would have Birmingham council salivating. Call it the Purslow skylift and i'm sure the club would be interested.

Ooh if it became a major attraction, it might help us sell out a few more games - win win!!

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #3432 on: December 07, 2021, 11:31:22 AM »

Ooh if it became a major attraction, it might help us sell out a few more games - win win!!
Such a good point.  Our attendances have been a DISGRACE lately (Man City, Leicester City), and that can only be rectified by offering 'kids for a quid' on the Purslow Skylift.

Offline sickbeggar

« Reply #3433 on: December 07, 2021, 11:33:20 AM »

Aye, a scenic ride about the delights of Aston before/after a game looking down on all the people stuck in their cars and buses. I would. I best Flinstone would as well ;)

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #3434 on: December 07, 2021, 11:37:38 AM »

More buses = more congestion. Cable car dumping 2500 per hour into Aston, 30 less busses or 833 less cars (based on 3 per car). Also the train operators don't have loads of spare capacity knocking around like in the BR days or the track capacity because they rationalised it. Those extra carriages or trains will cost money and re-instating the infrastructure costs will probably dwarf 60m

Nobody is going to invest that kind of money for something used 20 times a year.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal