collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 668900 times)

Offline Rory

• GM : PCM
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #3405 on: December 07, 2021, 01:00:51 AM »
Just giving a Ticket Update and pointing out some facts.

Don't need people calling me a 'Balloon' for sharing my sincere opinions on Issues at the Football Club

It's about time you shown a little respect for Flin5tone .

I wish I had the confidence to refer to myself in the third person.

I think you mean 'Percy wishes Percy had the confidence to refer to Percy in the third person'.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3406 on: December 07, 2021, 01:56:16 AM »

Don't need people calling me a 'Balloon' for sharing my sincere opinions on Issues at the Football Club

It's about time you shown a little respect for Flin5tone .

I wish I had the confidence to refer to myself in the third person.

I think you mean 'Percy wishes Percy had the confidence to refer to Percy in the third person'.

Yeah. I answered before I read the subsequent posts.

Offline Hillbilly

« Reply #3407 on: December 07, 2021, 04:30:40 AM »

It's about time you shown a little respect for Flin5tone . I have contributed over 500 posts now most full of information that i'm sure most of the less hostile members enjoy to read .

To be honest, it's not quite up there with his 'multi storey car park behind the Holte' post but it's not far off.

what was wrong with suggesting a multi storey car park at EITHER END of the stadium as a solution for the Transport problem? many top European Clubs have such facility .
Induced demand, dear boy. Induced demand.

Offline Dave P

« Reply #3408 on: December 07, 2021, 07:21:34 AM »
Jesus wept, imagine trying to get off a multi story car park after the game?

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #3409 on: December 07, 2021, 07:36:23 AM »
Could we build an elaborate maze out of the exits? Some people would get lost in the maze, which'd mean rather than everyone coming out at the same time, they'd make their way out in dribs & drabs so transport wouldn't be such a problem.

Season ticket holders would learn the way out after a while, giving them a special 'perk' that they'd get home first.

Online Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #3410 on: December 07, 2021, 08:04:11 AM »
He’s got a point about pricing

He would if we hadn't essentially sold both those games out.

Like it or not, the club will charge what people are willing to pay, and a near-as-dammit sell out suggests people are willing to pay a lot.

I think charging £50+ for certain home games is naughty. I suppose one argument is that people are willing to pay it but another one is that the club are taking the piss a bit, cashing in on “customer” loyalty.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #3411 on: December 07, 2021, 08:09:48 AM »
He’s got a point about pricing

He would if we hadn't essentially sold both those games out.

Like it or not, the club will charge what people are willing to pay, and a near-as-dammit sell out suggests people are willing to pay a lot.

I think charging £50+ for certain home games is naughty. I suppose one argument is that people are willing to pay it but another one is that the club are taking the piss a bit, cashing in on “customer” loyalty.

Of course they are. Just like every other club.

Online Clampy

« Reply #3412 on: December 07, 2021, 08:14:19 AM »

It's about time you shown a little respect for Flin5tone . I have contributed over 500 posts now most full of information that i'm sure most of the less hostile members enjoy to read .

To be honest, it's not quite up there with his 'multi storey car park behind the Holte' post but it's not far off.

what was wrong with suggesting a multi storey car park at EITHER END of the stadium as a solution for the Transport problem? many top European Clubs have such facility .

Because for one there isn't the space and for another we have planning consent to contend with.

I think there's plenty of space behind the Holte. The car park itself might only be able to hold about 12 cars but it would help.

Online The Edge

« Reply #3413 on: December 07, 2021, 08:17:21 AM »
We need to encourages some sort of park and ride in the surrounding area with frequent shuttles back and forth to the ground , think Disney 😉
Wouldn't that make us look like a bit of a Mickey Mouse club though?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3414 on: December 07, 2021, 09:03:45 AM »
Monorail is the answer.  Buy some land a mile or so away for parking. Try and get the old Maglev from Birmingham airport. No congestion because it's above the road obv.. Failing that, buy and adapt one of the old rollercoasters from The American Adventure themepark.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3415 on: December 07, 2021, 09:07:54 AM »
Monorail is the answer.  Buy some land a mile or so away for parking. Try and get the old Maglev from Birmingham airport. No congestion because it's above the road obv.. Failing that, buy and adapt one of the old rollercoasters from The American Adventure themepark.

I agree, and anyone that doesn't is from Shelbyville.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #3416 on: December 07, 2021, 09:10:09 AM »
I heard there's some waste ground in the Bordesley area.  Was an old football ground once, but it's mostly fallen down now.  We could bulldoze that and use it as a carpark.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3417 on: December 07, 2021, 09:15:11 AM »
I heard there's some waste ground in the Bordesley area.  Was an old football ground once, but it's mostly fallen down now.  We could bulldoze that and use it as a carpark.

I heard it was cursed, by Gypsy Rose McCormack, and if they ever build a multi-story car park on it the gates will keep getting stuck.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3418 on: December 07, 2021, 09:19:59 AM »
We sold all the local land we had for car parking didn't we?

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #3419 on: December 07, 2021, 09:24:29 AM »

I agree, and anyone that doesn't is from Shelbyville.

Actually come up with a better idea now. Think i'm having one of those Tesla moments of inspiration this morning where the ideas just flood out. Monorail has to be pretty substantial and costly right? What about a cable car? Still keeps traffic away from the roads and works fine at Drayton Manor

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal