collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 653675 times)

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #2430 on: August 10, 2021, 09:15:36 AM »
The first we have to catch is Everton - I wonder how they do it? Dilapidated ground, similar UK based rather than global fan base, limited shirt deals... for them to have three times our commercial income amazing.

Corporate hospitality is something where we might have great service, but we are a long way off the most successful clubs. I worked on some stuff for Arsenal 10 years ago and they have suites in the ground selling for £48,000 per game... and sell out. That sort of scale generates so much income.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #2431 on: August 10, 2021, 09:35:40 AM »
How legit is the Man City figure?  Yes, it's legit in the eyes of the PL if being sponsored by yourself for astronomical amounts is considered legit

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #2432 on: August 10, 2021, 09:43:25 AM »
Slight tangent but Kieran Maguire has been posting some interesting premier league finance figures today.

Here is one where NSWE should be seriously looking to improve us.

It will be interesting to see how far we have come along by the end of this season - as someone else said, these figures are off the back of 3 years in the Championship - I'm guessing that a full, non-Covid affected season will see us moving up that table considerably.

It does highlight a few things though, one being the impact that up to date facilities have (Everton being an obvious outlier here, it would be interesting to know how they are so far ahead of everyone outside of the scum 6).  Modernising Villa Park has to be a priority for us if we are going to seriously improve commercial revenue.

Finally, if this doesn't prove FFP is a joke as applied to Man City then nothing does.  Second only to Manure in commercial income in England?  Absolute bullshit - I'm no fan of Liverpool or the rest, but there is no way on earth that Man City's commercial income would be anywhere near Liverpool's unless it's being artificially inflated by dodgy sponsorship deals from their owners.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #2433 on: August 10, 2021, 09:47:34 AM »
Slight tangent but Kieran Maguire has been posting some interesting premier league finance figures today.

Here is one where NSWE should be seriously looking to improve us.

It will be interesting to see how far we have come along by the end of this season - as someone else said, these figures are off the back of 3 years in the Championship - I'm guessing that a full, non-Covid affected season will see us moving up that table considerably.

It does highlight a few things though, one being the impact that up to date facilities have (Everton being an obvious outlier here, it would be interesting to know how they are so far ahead of everyone outside of the scum 6).  Modernising Villa Park has to be a priority for us if we are going to seriously improve commercial revenue.

Finally, if this doesn't prove FFP is a joke as applied to Man City then nothing does.  Second only to Manure in commercial income in England?  Absolute bullshit - I'm no fan of Liverpool or the rest, but there is no way on earth that Man City's commercial income would be anywhere near Liverpool's unless it's being artificially inflated by dodgy sponsorship deals from their owners.
Well said. Man City are without doubt the elephant in the room. But it would seem that they produce golden elephant dung which the PL are happy to use as fertiliser.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #2434 on: August 10, 2021, 09:53:51 AM »
Just noticed that the graph for the poll represents my feelings towards the North Stand.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2435 on: August 10, 2021, 09:55:42 AM »
Can someone explain Commercial Income?

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2436 on: August 10, 2021, 09:58:43 AM »

My best guess would be money that doesn't come from TV or tickets.

Edit:or prize money.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #2437 on: August 10, 2021, 09:59:38 AM »

My best guess would be money that doesn't come from TV or tickets.
Mine would be non transfer fees.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #2438 on: August 10, 2021, 10:02:55 AM »
Kit deals, sponsorship/partnership deals, maybe corporate hospitality, non-matchday income, merch...

Offline sickbeggar

• Location: Universities are full of people educated beyond their intelligence
« Reply #2439 on: August 10, 2021, 10:03:35 AM »
Always said, if you want to  level things up, don't go down the FFP route which is too easy to manipulate and allows clubs to operates with massive debts, but put a 60% levy tax on any commercial income earned abroad. Would fuck up City and the likes of United and Liverpool with the plastic fans from abroad, not to mention kill ideas like the ESL stone dead.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #2440 on: August 10, 2021, 10:04:05 AM »
Think that chart shows how big we are. Championship club for 3 years and we have a similar commercial income on promotion after 1 year as a lot of established clubs.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2441 on: August 10, 2021, 10:55:26 AM »
Good man, Ads - always sees the positives when it comes to his club.

Online Hillbilly

« Reply #2442 on: August 11, 2021, 11:24:28 PM »
Someone has just paid 88 million quid for 18 per cent of Crystal Palace. That values them at just shy of half a billion quid. NSWE got a bargain.

Offline caster troy

« Reply #2443 on: August 12, 2021, 08:59:47 AM »
I'd give NSWE 10/10 for what they have achieved so far. The only thing I'd really like to hear more about is the plan for the stadium, I think it is too small for us now. I'd guess improvements there don't count against FFP, so it feels like a no brainer to get more fans in the stadium, particularly the younger generation.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #2444 on: August 12, 2021, 09:58:05 AM »
Someone has just paid 88 million quid for 18 per cent of Crystal Palace. That values them at just shy of half a billion quid. NSWE got a bargain.

When a ramshackle shed on a plot of land in South London is worth that much you know things are messed-up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal