collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Championship Memories by RamboandBruno
[Today at 08:13:06 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by ADVILLAFAN
[Today at 08:11:19 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by itmustbe_it is!
[Today at 08:06:29 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Godfrey Brian
[Today at 08:02:05 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by algy
[Today at 08:01:14 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Demitri_C
[Today at 07:50:27 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Villan For Life
[Today at 07:45:50 AM]

Re: Championship Memories by Gareth
[Today at 07:44:19 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: NSWE Investment  (Read 655235 times)

Offline oldhill_avfc

Re: NSWE Investment
« Reply #1875 on: February 09, 2021, 09:06:39 AM »
Despite the numbers being mind boggling,  a total cost of around £450m for premier league club on the verge of Europe with massive squad value and potential probably still represents a sound investment.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1876 on: February 09, 2021, 09:08:24 AM »
£400 million, the kind of numbers Xia even in his shittiest of shit shoes couldn't begin to make up.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #1877 on: February 09, 2021, 10:14:17 AM »
I genuinely think NSWE picked up as big a bargain as its possible to get in football.  If they get it right and football club valuations continue to trend north after Covid, Villa will be a billion pound commodity before the decade is out.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1878 on: February 09, 2021, 10:24:29 AM »
£400 million, the kind of numbers Xia even in his shittiest of shit shoes couldn't begin to make up.

"Forgive me but you've got shit on your shoes, and I'm the shoe shine boy"

Offline Pat Mustard

« Reply #1879 on: February 09, 2021, 10:41:29 AM »
Despite the numbers being mind boggling,  a total cost of around £450m for premier league club on the verge of Europe with massive squad value and potential probably still represents a sound investment.

I think this is right and is the way NWSE will be looking at it.  Obviously the numbers are mind-boggling and no doubt other club's fans will be crying FFP, but when you look at what they have for the investment it is pretty shrewd (in football terms at least).  Ashley wants at least £350 million for Newcastle for example, and I would say the value of their squad currently is a fraction of ours - to get to where we are, any owner of Newcastle would be looking at having to spend at least £250 million+ on players, and even then that is only if they manage to get a progressive manager in to replace Bruce.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #1880 on: February 09, 2021, 10:43:54 AM »
I'm not sure I believe there is any such thing as a shrewd football investment.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #1881 on: February 09, 2021, 10:57:28 AM »
Lerner's biggest failing wasn't to do with not putting enough money in, certainly not in the early days. It was that, having put said money in, he utterly failed at any point to build up a decent management team to get the most out of his investment.

Even the Man City owners, who are way, way richer, made a point of doing that.

Lerner by comparison put in General Krulak, who had no experience in the game, and then Faulkner, who was someone who ran credit card call centres for him. Even when he finally did appoint someone with a football background, it was Tom Fox, who combined said background with being a fucking idiot.

When you run a company like that, it's going to drift big-time. Relegation was pretty much inevitable on the basis of the previous 5 seasons. I was surprised it took so long, if anything.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #1882 on: February 09, 2021, 11:28:34 AM »
I'm not asking much, but I'd like Messi, please. Even if only for a couple of seasons.

I would rather we find and develop the next Messi through the investment that's being made into the academies.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1883 on: February 09, 2021, 11:41:47 AM »
As the only proper big club for the best part of at least 50 miles in all directions it would be great to be building academies across the region. Pipe dream maybe, but a graduate or two a year would probably pay for the whole thing.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #1884 on: February 09, 2021, 01:00:29 PM »
As the only proper big club for the best part of at least 50 miles in all directions it would be great to be building academies across the region. Pipe dream maybe, but a graduate or two a year would probably pay for the whole thing.

85 miles north to Old Trafford and 114 miles south to Arsenal.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #1885 on: February 09, 2021, 01:09:23 PM »
Lerner's biggest failing wasn't to do with not putting enough money in, certainly not in the early days. It was that, having put said money in, he utterly failed at any point to build up a decent management team to get the most out of his investment.

Lerner by comparison put in General Krulak, who had no experience in the game, and then Faulkner, who was someone who ran credit card call centres for him. Even when he finally did appoint someone with a football background, it was Tom Fox, who combined said background with being a fucking idiot.

When you run a company like that, it's going to drift big-time. Relegation was pretty much inevitable on the basis of the previous 5 seasons. I was surprised it took so long, if anything.

It's not as if he didn't have previous for it either.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1886 on: February 09, 2021, 01:52:42 PM »

Yes, crazy way to go about things. He started off with the right ideas I think, when he brought blokes like that Kain in, but then very quickly decided life would be easier with his mates around him so just relied on Krulak and Faulkner instead. They were undoubtedly well-intentioned, just completely unqualified for the job at hand.

Tom Fox though, I don't even know where to start with him. He was the boardroom equivalent of Ross McCormack. You look at his record and think he should do a decent job, but he was an utter, utter disaster at every single facet of the job. I can't think of a single thing he got right, and in fact just about everything the bloke said or did was an absolute shitshow.

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #1887 on: February 09, 2021, 02:20:29 PM »

I had my sensible head on and thought leicester because of 2016 and how they are currently performing, but not sure which way they will go when vardy finishes.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #1888 on: February 09, 2021, 02:34:05 PM »

I had my sensible head on and thought leicester because of 2016 and how they are currently performing, but not sure which way they will go when vardy finishes.

They seem to be making more good decisions than bad for the last few years. A well established top half Premier League team now.

Offline kippaxvilla2

« Reply #1889 on: February 09, 2021, 02:46:02 PM »

Yes, crazy way to go about things. He started off with the right ideas I think, when he brought blokes like that Kain in, but then very quickly decided life would be easier with his mates around him so just relied on Krulak and Faulkner instead. They were undoubtedly well-intentioned, just completely unqualified for the job at hand.

Tom Fox though, I don't even know where to start with him. He was the boardroom equivalent of Ross McCormack. You look at his record and think he should do a decent job, but he was an utter, utter disaster at every single facet of the job. I can't think of a single thing he got right, and in fact just about everything the bloke said or did was an absolute shitshow.

That is such a false narrative.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal