collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by itbrvilla
[Today at 05:15:56 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by AlexAlexCropley
[Today at 05:15:44 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Meanwood Villa
[Today at 05:15:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 05:12:30 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by nigel
[Today at 05:10:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by pablo_picasso
[Today at 05:10:22 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 05:08:34 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 05:07:30 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bristol City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 31255 times)

Offline Fred Crump

Re: Bristol City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2016, 10:11:08 PM »
Just watched the "highlights". GK to fully blame for their equaliser. My Nan could've held onto that, and she's been dead for about 10 years.

Centrebacks ripped apart for second. Poor defending.
Second goal , agreed, but where was the defensive cover from midfield ?

Online ez

« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2016, 10:11:58 PM »
Time to gel is ominous when you remember last year's signings never did gel.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2016, 10:15:35 PM »
First half I thought we were good and should have gone in two or three goals up and there is the problem, we're not killing teams off and until we do, it's going to cost us points.

Someone mentioned the bookings earlier. The ref only seemed interested in booking our players and 8 bookings was ridiculous, it was hardly that type of game. The worst tackle of the match came from one of their players on Bacuna.

Let's hope this is just a bad day at the office.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2016, 10:20:00 PM »
As for Ayew, I'm surprised he stayed on the pitch as long as he did, he was awful.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2016, 10:22:56 PM »
A really disappointing afternoon.

We started well, and kept them at arms length for the first half. However we didn't really make their keeper work - other than Bacuna's miss I don't recall him having to do a lot.

An obvious point is that all 5 of our goals conceded have been in the second half. RDM's team talks must be very weird, or as Chico said to me, teams show us a lot of respect in the first half, realise we aren't actually that good and then lay into us and turn us over.

All three were poor goals to concede but we gave away 4-5 free kicks on the edge of our box and the you could sense the third goal coming. By then the players had shown they had no stomach for a fight, and that scares me massively. They reminded me of England v Iceland, in particular the way that Chester and another (Ayew?) took yellow cards for petulance, because they had lost the plot.

Re Ayew, I wasn't too far from the tunnel and he was clearly being booed as he left the pitch. RDM needs to put a sensor on him with a remote control and when he is in the box and about to shoot he should receive a mild shock that reminds him to look for a square pass.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2016, 10:28:14 PM »
We have made good signings in my opinion, either they need to gel or aren't being given the right instructions.  I'd give it a bit longer before I call for the managers head

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2016, 10:33:43 PM »
The refereeing in this league is abysmal. Clattenburg's toupee would do a better job. They're rank.

We move the ball so.slowly it's excruciating, never mind a pacey outlet to feed balls into. That's Westwood's fault, the useless little shit. Being ten times better than Gardner says more about how pathetic our squad is than him.

We lack penetration and need an attacking midfielder and somebody mobile up top.

1 win in 5 is relegation form and entirely unacceptable. We've played 5 rank teams as well, utter shite and yet we've pissed our pants against four of them. Garbage.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2016, 10:34:53 PM »
The number of Villa bookings was ridiculous but they weren't all for fouls. Some were for showing dissent, which now gets an automatic yellow.
I agree with what you've all said about Ayew and the away fans made it clear what they thought of his pathetic performance.  The tunnel was at our end, and Ayew got lots of abuse as he walked off

Abusing players doesn't really help though does it?

Offline SirSteveUK

« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2016, 10:35:02 PM »
Five games in and we have looked good for an awful lot of those 5 games. A lot of new players, new management team and new owner will all take time to settle,  understand and build a team. After a defeat like today it's is easy to get very downhearted but we won't turn round 5 years of a losing mentality in 5 or 6 games over 3 weeks. We need to have patience, as hard as it is,  and let the team develop.

The teams that have started well are teams that the vast majority played together last season. It doesn't mean the same teams will finish as strongly, and it doesn't mean we won't learn how to close games out.

makes sense

Yes it does

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #204 on: August 27, 2016, 10:42:09 PM »
The team is used to losing, the fans are used to predicting the worst.

Offline Fred Crump

« Reply #205 on: August 27, 2016, 10:48:01 PM »
Can anyone who was at the game tell me what Ross McCormack's contribution was? I think he is a class player and am willing him to succeed, but I'm getting a bit twitchy about him not scoring- does RDM need to change the way  we play to get the best out of him ?

Offline Ads

« Reply #206 on: August 27, 2016, 10:49:20 PM »
McCormacks contribution consisted of finding himself in acres of space for a tap in if only Ayew WOULD HAVE GOT HIS FUCKING HEAD UP!

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #207 on: August 27, 2016, 10:50:22 PM »
Just seen the goals. The 2nd we conceded is truly shocking.

Offline Ads

« Reply #208 on: August 27, 2016, 10:51:47 PM »
Pity they forgot the red carpet for the second. It's truly abysmal? Of the softest goals we've conceded that one angers me the most.

Online LukeJames

« Reply #209 on: August 27, 2016, 10:52:48 PM »
Ayew is a technically good player but he hasn't got the mentality for this division, I'd sell him and replace him with somebody who's first instinct is to just twat it in the net and not beat the player 3 or 4 times.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal