collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Bernie
[Today at 04:44:50 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by dubont
[Today at 04:44:30 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by TopDeck113
[Today at 04:41:33 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 04:41:32 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by TopDeck113
[Today at 04:41:07 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by nigel
[Today at 04:40:52 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Ducksworthy
[Today at 04:40:37 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by bilsim
[Today at 04:40:19 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bristol City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 31252 times)

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
Re: Bristol City v Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2016, 06:59:30 PM »
Seven booked in one half? We keep breaking records!

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2016, 07:08:15 PM »
The number of Villa bookings was ridiculous but they weren't all for fouls. Some were for showing dissent, which now gets an automatic yellow.
I agree with what you've all said about Ayew and the away fans made it clear what they thought of his pathetic performance.  The tunnel was at our end, and Ayew got lots of abuse as he walked off

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2016, 07:11:20 PM »
Should their man Bryant who scored the second have been sent off? Evans in the mail thought so and with 7 of ours getting booked seems like we are not getting any luck anywhere at the moment.

I would swap Ayew for Valencia and buy a winger. No point having Ayew showboating and not playing as a team.

Offline steveeuro1982

« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2016, 07:16:33 PM »
This is not bedding in.  The club are Losers with a losing mentality.  Losing Cup Finals, Premier League games, Youth Final play offs, now the championship.  Losing is accepted far too easily and instead of treating any loss, never mind each loss, lightly the players should have sheer hell to face the day after the game.  Up at 6 a.m, Up the Lickey Hills then, off to the Brecon Beacons, any excuse to keep them from family, working together as a unit, being punished as a unit until they demonstrate unity so that one bit of misfortune or a bit of opposition pressure does not give an excuse to give up.  I am not interested in hearing RDM say ’we need to work at this’.  He should have remedied immediately at Sheffield Wednesday when we conceded a goal and heads drop.  The first bottled challenge, haul the guy off.

When will Tony Xia makes a public apology and say that ‘the players are a disgrace to themselves, their families, the club and the supporters and these players need to learn to never give up, as skill alone is not enough‘.
When will RDM say that ‘I have failed to instil the right mentality in this team already and I will appoint someone to work with me to rectify‘.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2016, 07:23:33 PM »
Even if not all the bookings were merited, it was a good indication of the indiscipline and bad performance in the second half; giving the opponents set pieces and added confidence. Gollini hasn't had a good game yet, with poor decision making and positional play. Moreover he's used to losing from last season, so doesn't exude the authority and confidence that we need.

Offline ktvillan

• Location: In the land of Gazi Baba, pushing water uphill wth a fork
« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2016, 07:23:41 PM »
As soon as I saw Gollini's youtube highlights I mentioned his tendency to parry shots back into the danger area.   He then did it against Boro in the pre-season game, and sounds as if he did it again today.  Add to his other gaffes and he's fast making Guzan look like he was hard done by.  That's a fundamental part of goalkeeping and that bad habit needs to be coached out of him and quick.   As for Ayew I'm not sure what he did today but so far he seems to think he can take on defences on his own at this level and so far he's been proved massively wrong.  Needs to buckle down and play for the team or fuck off.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2016, 07:25:30 PM »
We should have been so out of sight in the first half that we shouldn't even be talking about goalkeeping or defending. We should be talking about leading 3 or 4 nil and taking the royal piss knocking it about in the second.

Offline brian green

• GM : 19.06.2020
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2016, 07:26:55 PM »
Pretty powerful stuff for a debut.  Welcome Steve.

Offline pelty

« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2016, 07:28:22 PM »
Keeper is useless. Makes Guzan look like Schmeichel...

Offline Nastylee

« Reply #159 on: August 27, 2016, 07:30:48 PM »
Seems that until we can start putting teams to bed it will continue to bite us in the arse. Three games on the trot should have seen us home and hosed by half time but failure to convert chances into goals and a fragile defence means we are not going to gather points. Hopwfully, a finisher will come in and we can start blitxing teams. Today is disappointing especially since we seemed so comfortable but let's not allow a bad half hour to become all doom merchants. There's still a lot of positives in the bigger picture.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #160 on: August 27, 2016, 07:33:48 PM »
Four days to strengthen, fourteen days to regroup for the next game which is the first of two on the bounce at home. That cheers me up a little bit. Although I have still been so pissed off with today's result I haven't even been bothered to check my football bets.

I got round to checking my football bets. They really cheered me up. One let me down in both the Premier League and The Championship. So along with Villa/Bristol City combining to spoil my day Southampton and Wigan decided to join in to make me even more fed up.

richtheholtender

« Reply #161 on: August 27, 2016, 07:34:46 PM »
What is McCormacks role in this team that needs a striker? Is the formation really working?

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #162 on: August 27, 2016, 07:36:26 PM »
Ayew swapped with a real goal-scorer and team player

Offline Edvard Remberg

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/69507054@N00/
  • GM : 17.10.2024
« Reply #163 on: August 27, 2016, 07:37:35 PM »
Keeper is useless. Makes Guzan look like Schmeichel...
since Guzan is the only thing you seem to care about, any chance he was forced upon the manger by that previous owner?

Offline Keeno

• Twitter
« Reply #164 on: August 27, 2016, 07:44:21 PM »
This is not bedding in.  The club are Losers with a losing mentality.  Losing Cup Finals, Premier League games, Youth Final play offs, now the championship.  Losing is accepted far too easily and instead of treating any loss, never mind each loss, lightly the players should have sheer hell to face the day after the game.  Up at 6 a.m, Up the Lickey Hills then, off to the Brecon Beacons, any excuse to keep them from family, working together as a unit, being punished as a unit until they demonstrate unity so that one bit of misfortune or a bit of opposition pressure does not give an excuse to give up.  I am not interested in hearing RDM say ’we need to work at this’.  He should have remedied immediately at Sheffield Wednesday when we conceded a goal and heads drop.  The first bottled challenge, haul the guy off.

When will Tony Xia makes a public apology and say that ‘the players are a disgrace to themselves, their families, the club and the supporters and these players need to learn to never give up, as skill alone is not enough‘.
When will RDM say that ‘I have failed to instil the right mentality in this team already and I will appoint someone to work with me to rectify‘.

Good climb training on the bike, Lickey. Welcome, btw

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal