collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Tim Iroegbunam by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:55:30 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:53:19 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by chrisw1
[Today at 09:47:38 AM]

Re: Robin Olsen by Demitri_C
[Today at 09:46:53 AM]

Re: Champions League Contention by Tony Daleys Shorts
[Today at 09:46:25 AM]

Re: Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 09:45:15 AM]

Re: Unai Emery - our manager by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:43:13 AM]

Re: Loanwatch 2023/24 by Dave
[Today at 09:41:22 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Carles Gil - loaned out again  (Read 192122 times)

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Re: Carles Gil
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2015, 12:49:46 PM »
I understand what you're saying, but surely they can't sign a player without said player's consent, regardless of this clause?

If Real Madrid want to sign him, he'll choose to sign for them, rather than choosing to sign for Valencia then waiting at least a season before signing for Real by which time they could've gone off him/changed their manager, etc.

He wouldn't be signing for Valencia permanently, though. They have an option to buy him back at 12m. If Real Madrid want him, and Villa say "that'll be 30m" and Real say OK, then legally, it'd be Valencia copping for anything over the 12m.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2015, 12:53:27 PM »
And that is where clubs get creative with sawps and structured deals though.

Anyhow, lets hope he is good enough to worry about this!

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #167 on: January 12, 2015, 12:54:03 PM »
Has he definitely signed yet?

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #168 on: January 12, 2015, 12:54:32 PM »
If he ends up being amazing he'll end up going to a wealthier club that Valencia anyway.

It'll be something like this:

Scenario 1: player is utterly brilliant and has half of Europe after him. Goes to a Real Madrid or Man City type team for far more than €12 million.
If he ends up being that amazing, then he'll probaby probably be back at Valencia for 12m and they then sell him on for the bigger money. If they have a buy-back option, then we wouldn't be able to sell him on for more money without giving them the right to exercise their option first.

Exactly, so basically if he were amazing we'd be getting pretty short changed if this is true.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #169 on: January 12, 2015, 12:55:06 PM »
Has he definitely signed yet?

Flying into BHX today according to the Telegraph.

Offline RussellC

• GM : 04.04.2016
« Reply #170 on: January 12, 2015, 12:56:43 PM »
I wonder if they were to buy him back for the 12million Euros, whether they'd still expect us to also give them the 10% sell-on clause??

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #171 on: January 12, 2015, 12:57:11 PM »
And that is where clubs get creative with sawps and structured deals though.

Anyhow, lets hope he is good enough to worry about this!

I'm glad he is signing above all. Was just saying that I don't like this sort of sell-on arrangement.

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #172 on: January 12, 2015, 12:57:15 PM »
Seriously I'm baffled as to why the guy would want to sign for us to be honest. We're a deserved favourite for the drop, it's not as if we've been unlucky and some team will be on the end of a hiding??? The weight of expectation on him will be incredible, I'm sorry but unless he has some getout clause his agent wants shooting!

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #173 on: January 12, 2015, 01:02:00 PM »
We're a deserved favourite for the drop
We're not a favourite for relegation at all. Six teams have shorter odds than us and West Brom's odds are the same as ours.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #174 on: January 12, 2015, 01:04:53 PM »
We are a decent bet at the moment.

I am hoping that this is the January that Lambert actually does some business to change the season.

I agree Paulie, I don't like it either. A % of the sell on fee over an amount - say what we paid, seem a fairer way forward, but still.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #175 on: January 12, 2015, 01:06:03 PM »
I understand what you're saying, but surely they can't sign a player without said player's consent, regardless of this clause?

If Real Madrid want to sign him, he'll choose to sign for them, rather than choosing to sign for Valencia then waiting at least a season before signing for Real by which time they could've gone off him/changed their manager, etc.

He wouldn't be signing for Valencia permanently, though. They have an option to buy him back at 12m. If Real Madrid want him, and Villa say "that'll be 30m" and Real say OK, then legally, it'd be Valencia copping for anything over the 12m.

I don't think so. As I understand a "buy-back clause" they can buy him back. If somebody else buys him though, because he refuses to go there, they get nothing.

In any case, in such circumstances I reckon we could come to some arrangement with Valencia same as we did with West Brom when we sold Ehiogu to Middlesbrough.

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #176 on: January 12, 2015, 01:11:10 PM »
Seriously I'm baffled as to why the guy would want to sign for us to be honest. We're a deserved favourite for the drop, it's not as if we've been unlucky and some team will be on the end of a hiding??? The weight of expectation on him will be incredible, I'm sorry but unless he has some getout clause his agent wants shooting!

Playing time, a comfy paycheck and international exposure to further his career. We're not that bad of a club.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #177 on: January 12, 2015, 01:11:22 PM »
In any case, in such circumstances I reckon we could come to some arrangement with Valencia same as we did with West Brom when we sold Ehiogu to Middlesbrough.
That's more likely. If we think that he's about to turn into the next David Silva, then we'd probably give the player a pay-rise and pay Valencia a few extra million to remove the clause.

Offline exigo

« Reply #178 on: January 12, 2015, 01:11:27 PM »
Bienvenidos a Villa, Carlos. Tu tienes uno trabajo – para pasar el balon a Benteke.
Welcome to Villa, Carlos. You have one job - pass the ball to Benteke.

I think anyway, I'm learning at the moment

Perfect. Can you play left mid?

Offline boboonthecorner

« Reply #179 on: January 12, 2015, 01:12:45 PM »
We're a deserved favourite for the drop
We're not a favourite for relegation at all. Six teams have shorter odds than us and West Brom's odds are the same as ours.

If you don't score you don't stay up. We're on target for the worst ever scoring record in a season so I think the odds will drop the same speed as we will after the next three games.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal