collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Brighton vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread  (Read 10638 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: Brighton vs Aston Villa Post-Match Thread
« Reply #315 on: May 06, 2024, 10:57:21 AM »

Spurs are however hopelessly out of steam and luck very much like how our end of season form is. Man City are in very good form and generally finish the season well.

I'm not sure that's true, ie the running out of steam bit. They were the best team against Arsenal and had the majority of possession against Liverpool yesterday, they just haven't been defending very well, but remain dangerous up front. They were poor against Chelsea, but that looked mainly because Chelsea are in great form. You'd certainly have Man City as favourites for the result there, but would you honestly be *that* surprised if Spurs somehow manage to beat them?

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2024, 11:09:59 AM »
Can anyone really see Man C not winning at Spurs and effectively giving up the title to Arsenal?

You think Spurs *players* would rather not qualify for the Champions League so that Arsenal don't win the title? Bizarre.

Spurs have beaten Man City at home in the league for the last 4 years.

You've misread my post. If Man City draw at Spurs it let's in Arsenal for the title. They will win I'm sure.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2024, 11:11:42 AM »
[You'd certainly have Man City as favourites for the result there, but would you honestly be *that* surprised if Spurs somehow manage to beat them?

Yes, very, very surprised.

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #318 on: May 06, 2024, 12:00:13 PM »
[You'd certainly have Man City as favourites for the result there, but would you honestly be *that* surprised if Spurs somehow manage to beat them?

I’d be amazed. I dont think they will get more than 4 points from their remaining 3 games. Ange ball isn’t suited to playing City - they’ll get trounced

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #319 on: May 06, 2024, 12:04:30 PM »
In the context of this season I'd be very surprised if City didn't absolutely whack them. In the context of Villa I'd be genuinely shocked if Spurs didn't get at least a draw.

Online Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #320 on: May 06, 2024, 12:05:15 PM »
In the context of this season I'd be very surprised if City didn't absolutely whack them. In the context of Villa I'd be genuinely shocked if Spurs didn't get at least a draw.

Schrödinger’s result.

Offline pablo_picasso

• Disclaimer: I may appear more grumpy than I am.
  • GM : 17.11.2024
« Reply #321 on: May 06, 2024, 12:08:46 PM »

One of my mates who is a Spurs fan says that they are likely to beat ManC but then get dumped on by Sheff Utd...

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #322 on: May 06, 2024, 12:10:40 PM »
Spurs got Burnley next week which is a 3 o'clock game, while forest play at 5.30 kick off,so if I am right Burnley have to win to avoid relegation

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #323 on: May 06, 2024, 12:11:36 PM »

I’d be amazed. I dont think they will get more than 4 points from their remaining 3 games. Ange ball isn’t suited to playing City - they’ll get trounced

What was the score when they played at Man City?

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #324 on: May 06, 2024, 12:12:04 PM »
Spurs got Burnley next week which is a 3 o'clock game, while forest play at 5.30 kick off,so if I am right Burnley have to win to avoid relegation
Yes.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #325 on: May 06, 2024, 12:18:14 PM »
Football has a habit of kicking you in the teeth, I am taking nothing for granted with the Tottenham vs Man City game.  It's in our own hands, I'd love us to do it for ourselves and not rely on Manchester Cheaty.

Offline tomd2103

« Reply #326 on: May 06, 2024, 12:21:14 PM »
Spurs don't really need to absolutely hammer anybody if we lose both our remaining games. Say we lose 3-0 to Liverpool and 1-0 to Palace, then 1-1 with Man City, 3-0 v Sheffield United and 2-0 v Burnley would do them. They'd have the same goal diffeerence but would have scored more goals.

And thats why i felt it was so vital we got a point yesterday.  It could cost us dearly. Saying that spurs still need to do all of that whoch will be incredibly hard when they low on confidence

Yep, a point yesterday would have meant that they would have had to beat Man City rather than draw with them. 

The point against Chelsea looks crucial now.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #327 on: May 06, 2024, 12:25:09 PM »
Burnley drew away recently at Man Utd and Chelsea but apparently will get twatted by Spurs. Meanwhile a shit Spurs side are apparently a good bet to get a result against a Man City side going for the title.

It's a bank holiday, some folks need to go and do something fun rather than worrying endlessly about Spurs.

Offline Chris Smith

• GM : 08.01.2025
« Reply #328 on: May 06, 2024, 12:28:18 PM »

Spurs are however hopelessly out of steam and luck very much like how our end of season form is. Man City are in very good form and generally finish the season well.

I'm not sure that's true, ie the running out of steam bit. They were the best team against Arsenal and had the majority of possession against Liverpool yesterday, they just haven't been defending very well, but remain dangerous up front. They were poor against Chelsea, but that looked mainly because Chelsea are in great form. You'd certainly have Man City as favourites for the result there, but would you honestly be *that* surprised if Spurs somehow manage to beat them?

If Spurs play like they did yesterday against Man City they will be hammered.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2024, 12:49:46 PM »
It will be a very strange atmosphere at their ground that night as scanning through one of their forums and maybe don't want "Woolwich" to get help from them at any cost to win the league so many aren't that bothered if they lose to Man. City.

That can sometimes transmit to the players aswell if those in the stands aren't bothered by the result as it just gives players another excuse not to win.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal