collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc.  (Read 45133 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc.
« Reply #510 on: April 26, 2024, 12:00:01 PM »
Re: Duran - it's more his attitude that concerns me more than the ability he's shown. You never know when he's next going to throw his toys out of the pram. It's more a question of whether Emery is prepared to put up with occasional strops or whether he'll want someone who's more of a team player.

Has he thrown his toys out of the pram?

I might have missed something, but I don’t recall any attitude problems, mate

There was that time when he was out of the squad and the only plausible explanation was that there had been a massive falling-out. Which then turned out to be a hamstring injury.

And something about the rest of team not celebrating his goals without sufficient enthusiasm.
It was unusual that an injured player was not having treatment at BH but was swanning around the Locale.

Offline Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #511 on: April 26, 2024, 12:17:57 PM »
Re: Duran - it's more his attitude that concerns me more than the ability he's shown. You never know when he's next going to throw his toys out of the pram. It's more a question of whether Emery is prepared to put up with occasional strops or whether he'll want someone who's more of a team player.

Has he thrown his toys out of the pram?

I might have missed something, but I don’t recall any attitude problems, mate

There was that time when he was out of the squad and the only plausible explanation was that there had been a massive falling-out. Which then turned out to be a hamstring injury.

And something about the rest of team not celebrating his goals without sufficient enthusiasm.
It was unusual that an injured player was not having treatment at BH but was swanning around the Locale.

I don't think they lock the injured players in cages until they are ready to play again.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #512 on: April 26, 2024, 01:05:01 PM »
I'm sure the only reason people thought it was a strop was his social media being wiped and then people jumping to their own conclusions.

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #513 on: April 26, 2024, 01:26:24 PM »

What I can't understand is how are Man Utd still generating so much commercial revenue!!

They have been a shadow of themselves since Ferguson left about 11 years ago and in many ways have become a laughing stock. Why would anyone:

A) Go into a sports shop and buy their kit etc? - Embarrassing
B) Be associated with them through sponsorship? - Money down the loo
C) Start to support them (youngsters, glory hunters etc)? - Loads of better options
D) Ambitious quality players don't want to join them? - Loads of better options
E) Poison chalice for managers? - Loads of better options

It is only the unjustified and over abundant media coverage that is giving them a financial lifeline.

Surely that can't last forever!!

I like to think that C is still mostly influenced by parents, grandparents etc. I accept that plenty of kids just glory hunt but all my son's friends support the team their dads do. So that is a massive number of kids who will inherit support of ManU irrespective of how they are playing.

Offline DC1874

« Reply #514 on: April 26, 2024, 01:49:17 PM »
I would imagine a large chunk of their revenue comes from the Far East - red is seen as a lucky colour in certain countries and when I was lucky enough to visit Bangkok on business about 6 years ago all you could see on massive billboard adverts were Manure and Redscouse players promoting various brands and products. I guess they're immune to their turgidness compared to domestic fans?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #515 on: April 26, 2024, 01:49:23 PM »
According to the BBC, Crystal Palace have put price tags on Olise and Eze of 60 mill.

Offer them 50m and add ons and maybe that might be enough for eze. If he plays exceptionally well against us final game maybe unai might take a interest

I don’t think we’ll be spending £50m in total let alone on one player unless UE decides that he needs to sacrifice Martinez or Luiz to get a few players in.

Im not sure about that forge. If we are in CL we will need to spend money as we wont do very well in that competition with the current squad.  Its gonna be very difficult.  I think we will see a sale. If kuiz doesnt sign a new deal he will be sold (but i wxpect he will if we get CL). I think cash or JJ will be sacrificed

Given how we have done without Buendia and Mings this season, I believe that selling one or both of them would be the best course of action if required. They both have 18 months remaining on their contracts.
Mings at 31 and Buendia at 27, both will command decent fees.

If developing a champions league squad it requires improving and acquiring elite players with Champions League experience
We were after players like Asensio and Felix in the summer, but they want to be in Champions League football. As we look to reach that stage, and to be competitive we will undoubtedly have to make a move for one or two established Champions League players so if it requires selling players that can guarantee us some fees then ruthlessly but with best intentions and wishes Buendia and Mings should be the first consideration for sacrifices.

Can't agree, Mings was our best defender by a mile last season. Buendia inconsistent but different type of forward to the ones we have and a very good option to have. Get them back fully fit in pre season with Ramsey and that's next seasons squad improved hugely already.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #516 on: April 26, 2024, 01:57:19 PM »
Carlos will be moved on I think. Motm v Arsenal but didn't kick a ball in next two games. Just don't think he is what Emery wants in a centre back. I'd expect Digne will move on too, has had a solid season but if he wants to move back to France then the club won't stand in his way. Duran is a funny one, hard player to manage I'd say but Emery might be happy enough with him. Iroegbunam will be moved on too I expect and all the loanees.

LB and CM likely priority positions to strengthen. Mings, Ramsey, Buendia all back in. New Serbian RB too.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #517 on: April 26, 2024, 01:58:52 PM »

What I can't understand is how are Man Utd still generating so much commercial revenue!!

They have been a shadow of themselves since Ferguson left about 11 years ago and in many ways have become a laughing stock. Why would anyone:

C) Start to support them (youngsters, glory hunters etc)? - Loads of better options

It is only the unjustified and over abundant media coverage that is giving them a financial lifeline.

I like to think that C is still mostly influenced by parents, grandparents etc. I accept that plenty of kids just glory hunt but all my son's friends support the team their dads do. So that is a massive number of kids who will inherit support of ManU irrespective of how they are playing.

Their media presence has been going for almost seventy years. It's not stopping anytime soon.

Offline chrisw1

• GM : 20.08.2024
« Reply #518 on: April 26, 2024, 02:23:23 PM »
Carlos will be moved on I think. Motm v Arsenal but didn't kick a ball in next two games. Just don't think he is what Emery wants in a centre back. I'd expect Digne will move on too, has had a solid season but if he wants to move back to France then the club won't stand in his way. Duran is a funny one, hard player to manage I'd say but Emery might be happy enough with him. Iroegbunam will be moved on too I expect and all the loanees.

LB and CM likely priority positions to strengthen. Mings, Ramsey, Buendia all back in. New Serbian RB too.

Now Digne is playing regularly in a successful team I'd be surprised if he wants to go back to France.

Online Demitri_C

« Reply #519 on: April 26, 2024, 02:27:04 PM »

Now Digne is playing regularly in a successful team I'd be surprised if he wants to go back to France.

I love digne he has really been superb this season. Id get it of w ecashed in consideirng wages and age but he for me has been excellent

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #520 on: April 26, 2024, 02:50:58 PM »
Probably nothing in it but BBC gossip page says Olise is open to moving to Man Utd in the summer.

You'd have to question anyone looking at Man Utd as a good move at the moment. I'm sure they'll sort themselves out eventually but there's still a possibility they don't get European football next season.

They offer seriously silly wages, so I imagine there's that.

That was kind of my point though. I completely understand a young player wanting to secure his future financially, but it's not like any of the clubs are offering minimum wage. It's like pretty much anyone who has signed for Chelsea over the last year or so when other clubs were interested. Their motivation is obvious, and it shows on the pitch.

I don't think Liverpool we're offering Henderson minimum wage but he still wanted significantly more and was willing to go to an undesirable place for it. We offer Olise 120k a week, Yanited offer him 220k, it would be a no-brainer for non-villa fans (and I suspect some villa fans). Massive club and another 100k? Palace to Yanited is still a big jump.

Online Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #521 on: April 26, 2024, 02:52:33 PM »
Remember two years ago when we signed Coutinho on a 4 year deal? Crazy!

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #522 on: April 26, 2024, 02:55:33 PM »
Remember two years ago when we signed Coutinho on a 4 year deal? Crazy!

Gosh 4 years ?

Offline Baldy

« Reply #523 on: April 26, 2024, 02:59:36 PM »

Their media presence has been going for almost seventy years. It's not stopping anytime soon.

You never know. Even flies only hover around a pile of shit for a certain period of time.  :)

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #524 on: April 26, 2024, 03:08:36 PM »

With all the shit going on in the world front page of the biggest selling red top in the country today has the headline

"Giggs to be a father at 50"  this is all to keep their profile up with the saddo's who follow from afar

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal