collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[Today at 11:47:33 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by David_Nab
[Today at 11:20:28 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[Today at 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[Today at 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[Today at 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[Today at 11:07:30 PM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Steve67
[Today at 10:58:00 PM]

Robin Olsen by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:54:37 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Brighton - pre match tea & biscuits - Sun, May 28 4.30pm  (Read 17849 times)

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
Our biggest roadblock to competing at the top is earning enough revenue to let us spend under FFP.

Europa Conference League pays just under 3m euros just for getting to the group stage, plus up to 3m euro win bonus across those six group games and 600k euros if we win the group. Add in another £3m in match day revenue for the extra home games in the group stage alone plus any higher payments for sponsors if we play in europe

Then if we progress, the prize money per round is decent;

Round of 16: €600,000
Quarter-final: €1,000,000
Semi-final: €2,000,000
Runner-up: €3,000,000
Champion: €5,000,000

That’s a great additional revenue stream that can be spend on improving the playing squad.

Offline WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
Brighton always remind me of our championship season when they suddenly appeared in the first division. As I remember when we beat them in October we went top for the first time. They also remind me of Gregory's quip (who played for them in the 80/81 season) that Brighton wouldn’t know Gareth Barry if he stood on Brighton beach in a blue and white striped shirt, a ball under his arm and a seagull on his head

Offline Deano's Mullet

I always think of the last game of the first championship season when Grealish scored in front of the Holte to deny them the title. I live in Sussex and since they a) got that new stadium and b) they've been finishing in the top half their shirts are now everywhere whereby some of them have decided they can dich the big six shirts as someone nearby is now worthy of support - although a lot of the youngsters are obviously still wearing City shirts now. Anyway I don't think my mates dad has forgiven us for stopping them winning the league, he's been bitter and spiteful everytime we've played - and mostly beaten them- ever since. 

Offline algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
Someone just said to me that they think Europe would be too much for us for next season. Bollocks to that, we can get the required squad to compete on all fronts. I’m not being greedy but, Europa Conference cup, FA cup and League Cup would be ok with me. Forgot, top 4 finish wouldn’t go amiss either!
Yeah, absolutely. How many times do you need to finish 8th or lower in order to compete in Europe then? It's complete bollocks. Let's just qualify for Europe first then worry about our 3rd choice keeper options later.

Next season, I want us to be going for blood. Europa Conference winners and a top 4 finish.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
I can see us winning 2-1 and Europe here we come.

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
Brighton always remind me of our championship season when they suddenly appeared in the first division. As I remember when we beat them in October we went top for the first time. They also remind me of Gregory's quip (who played for them in the 80/81 season) that Brighton wouldn’t know Gareth Barry if he stood on Brighton beach in a blue and white striped shirt, a ball under his arm and a seagull on his head
I was at that Brighton game. John Gregory was in the Brighton team, they scored first but we went on to win 4-1 and, as you say, go top for the first time in that unforgettable season.

Offline Richard

• GM : 08.06.2024
For me I hope we win and qualify but it won't be the end of the world if we don't as we have a lot to look forward to next season and beyond. I'll need to become a member again to have a better chance of tickets too.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
I was at that Brighton game. John Gregory was in the Brighton team, they scored first but we went on to win 4-1 and, as you say, go top for the first time in that unforgettable season.

Did you still live in Sussex at the time?

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025

Did you still live in Sussex at the time?
Teaching in Croydon. It was quite a rush to get the last train to London

Online Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
I'm seeing a very tough game, I can't see them on the shit stony beach. That said, Villa Park will be rocking, first goal key, if we score first it could be a slaughtering. They score first and it will end up a draw. Hopefully Watkins can find his shooting boots again.

4-0 Villa (Konsa, Moreno, Buendia & Watkins)

EDIT: 4-1 to 4-0. Martinez will want a clean sheet.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 01:26:13 PM by Rudy Can't Fail »

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
I like the stoney beach at Brighton, it's sand that's stupid.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Brighton have been 'feast or famine' recently, either taking a battering or dishing one out in 6 of their last 7 games. Their away form in particular is very binary. We need to get right at them early on and dominate.

3-0

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
Get the ball in behind Lewis Dunk, there's container ships stuck in the Suez canal that turn quicker.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
Get the ball in behind Lewis Dunk, there's container ships stuck in the Suez canal that turn quicker.

The same Lewis Dunk that the media are suggesting Mouthgate is going to pick - probably over the Likes of Mings / Konsa

If Dier and Slabhead are anywhere near the squad then it is a complete joke

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
I like the stoney beach at Brighton, it's sand that's stupid.

I fucking hate sand. And it's cousin, glitter.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal