collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 3-0 Bournemouth post match pint and pork scratchings  (Read 26056 times)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Aston Villa 3-0 Bournemouth post match pint and pork scratchings
« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2023, 02:21:20 PM »
Apart from the blocked-off rows, I also wonder if we were limited in how many of the rest could be sold due to the last-minute nature of availability.

What do you mean by last minute nature sorry? Did we only find out late that Bournemouth weren't taking the top tier?

If there were fans who wanted to go, could have gone but weren't able to buy tickets then something's gone wrong somewhere.

It was only during the week that they went on sale. There could have been reasons why sales were limited - lack of stewards or catering for example. 

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2023, 02:35:01 PM »
If their fella is throwing his hands up (Beyonce style) to protect his face, he's aware enough that ball is close by and he is - or should be - running the risk of a penalty.

That's different to an attacker smashing the ball off a players arm or elbow and the defender not knowing anything about it.  Or a Matt Cash v Fulham scenario where the defender attempts a slide tackle and the ball strikes his arm as he attempts to balance himself.

I've never seen a player attempt a slide tackle with his arms locked by his sides before. Though Antonio Luna prob gave it a good go.

Most people can prob make the distinction between accidental and deliberate based on the above. Apart from the current match day officials and the blind school holed up at Stockley Park, obv.

Offline amfy

• GM : 07.07.2024
« Reply #227 on: March 19, 2023, 03:45:22 PM »
So annoying when mine and Jane’s were left empty because they wouldn’t be resold until we were ‘sold out’.

Online algy

• GM : 23.03.2025
« Reply #228 on: March 19, 2023, 04:32:10 PM »

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #229 on: March 19, 2023, 04:33:47 PM »
So annoying when mine and Jane’s were left empty because they wouldn’t be resold until we were ‘sold out’.
I flogging mine when nessescary because I want to keep my season ticket when I move away, probably financially viable for me to give it up, but I want to keep it, should have added no point putting it on the club website to do it as it looks like they don't sell,
« Last Edit: March 19, 2023, 04:37:10 PM by astonvilla82 »

Offline amfy

« Reply #230 on: March 19, 2023, 04:58:53 PM »
I flogging mine when nessescary because I want to keep my season ticket when I move away, probably financially viable for me to give it up, but I want to keep it, should have added no point putting it on the club website to do it as it looks like they don't sell,
…but you can get banned for selling them down any other route so it’s risky. If I pass them onto friends then I always try to do it officially via the club, but the friends we used to pass tickets onto are all doing shifts now and can hardly ever make it

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #231 on: March 19, 2023, 05:06:09 PM »
Apart from the blocked-off rows, I also wonder if we were limited in how many of the rest could be sold due to the last-minute nature of availability.

What do you mean by last minute nature sorry? Did we only find out late that Bournemouth weren't taking the top tier?

If there were fans who wanted to go, could have gone but weren't able to buy tickets then something's gone wrong somewhere.

It was only during the week that they went on sale. There could have been reasons why sales were limited - lack of stewards or catering for example.
If those were the reasons though, they are really poor ones.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #232 on: March 19, 2023, 05:06:10 PM »
I have placed my ST seats on sale twice this season through the club and sold both times.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #233 on: March 19, 2023, 05:08:19 PM »
This season alone we’ve had the Cash handball away at Fulham and the Digne one away at Palace. Ridiculous penalty awards but given none the less. Both were much less penalties then the 3 yesterday. I’ve said it before and whilst I don’t agree with it, the club have to start putting pressure on the officials because that’s what you have to do. Arsenal had one decision given against them the other week and Coward Webb was straight over to the club to apologize and even bloody fired an official. That means that officials are less likely to give decisions against Arsenal. We can’t have it being, “oh, it’s only Villa.”

Offline amfy

« Reply #234 on: March 19, 2023, 05:18:02 PM »
I have placed my ST seats on sale twice this season through the club and sold both times.

Ours did sell earlier in the season but  they seemed to be less strict about selling every last seat in the stadium first back then.

This week when we put ours in for resale, there were literally 26 seats left - all singles, all in Trinity upper tiers towards the edges. On Friday night there were literally 2 single seats left in B7. On Saturday morning there were none left and still our season ticket seats were not on sale.
It is shortsighted from the club because they only have to refund me £23 but can sell for about £35. On this thread I can see at least 2 people who might have bought them, & this pattern could have potentially been repeated across a lot of resale seats, making more money than they were holding out for. Why are the club turning this money down whilst simultaneously annoying both us and potential buyers?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #235 on: March 19, 2023, 05:22:45 PM »
This season alone we’ve had the Cash handball away at Fulham and the Digne one away at Palace. Ridiculous penalty awards but given none the less. Both were much less penalties then the 3 yesterday. I’ve said it before and whilst I don’t agree with it, the club have to start putting pressure on the officials because that’s what you have to do. Arsenal had one decision given against them the other week and Coward Webb was straight over to the club to apologize and even bloody fired an official. That means that officials are less likely to give decisions against Arsenal. We can’t have it being, “oh, it’s only Villa.”

And Young away at Newcastle.

Offline LeonW

« Reply #236 on: March 19, 2023, 05:28:08 PM »

And Young away at Newcastle.

I’d forgotten about that one. If that was a penalty the first two yesterday definitely were.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #237 on: March 19, 2023, 05:29:18 PM »

If those were the reasons though, they are really poor ones.

More than likely it's ground regulations rather than the club.

Offline colin69

« Reply #238 on: March 19, 2023, 05:35:53 PM »
I said I'm happy to play that way if we get results. Everyone was bored in the first half it was awful and the atmosphere was the same

I wasn't. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

TBF the first half was a bit boring and the atmosphere was quiet but there is a game plan that we have lacked for some time so I’ll take that every week if we win.
Once we got the second goal the atmosphere lifted and some of our play was excellent.
We will only get better with the players he wants and good times and good performances are ahead.
It’s a very good time to be a Villa fan.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #239 on: March 19, 2023, 05:55:26 PM »
I don’t get the first half was boring posts. We could have scored 3 or 4 and all I remember is thinking have we let them off the hook at HT. There was nothing boring about it.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal