collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Chris Smith
[Today at 08:58:35 AM]

Re: Ezri Konsa - Aston Villa & England by chrisw1
[Today at 08:51:41 AM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Lille) by itbrvilla
[Today at 08:50:29 AM]

Re: FFP by chrisw1
[Today at 08:48:04 AM]

Re: FFP by cdward
[Today at 08:44:03 AM]

Re: FFP by Duncan Shaw
[Today at 08:31:47 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Hillbilly
[Today at 08:29:13 AM]

Re: Brian Evans by Scratchins
[Today at 08:23:18 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 3-0 Bournemouth post match pint and pork scratchings  (Read 26049 times)

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
Re: Aston Villa 3-0 Bournemouth post match pint and pork scratchings
« Reply #210 on: March 19, 2023, 01:06:33 PM »
at some point defenders are going to wear shirts with no sleeves, so their hands are always by their sides, its getting ludicrous now. No one knows what constitutes handball.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #211 on: March 19, 2023, 01:09:48 PM »
Billing's a bit like Onana at Everton. A decent player for a crap team who'd probably do OK with us. I hope we're after a higher level than them though.

Yep, don't see what's better about him than Dendoncker who is just a bench warmer here despite being a regular starter for his previous club who were top 8 for a few seasons.

I think better midfielders than Billing will be on Emery's radar in next few months.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #212 on: March 19, 2023, 01:11:09 PM »
For me handball needs to have an obvious degree of intent. Not this unnatural position bollocks which is rule today. The first one yesterday he clearly had his arms extended beyond what was incidental. The second one less so. What fans hate is the inconsistency between officials. It won’t shock me at all to see Arsenal get one today for less than the one we were denied.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #213 on: March 19, 2023, 01:15:50 PM »
Forest penalty is classic example of what should be given as handball for a penalty.

Thought the Holte end claim was too close to him personally, first half was a very good shout though and probably should've been given on review.

Offline Skerra

« Reply #214 on: March 19, 2023, 01:25:51 PM »
The same shocking decisions deprived us of all 3 points v WHU last week the penalty they were given was never a penalty and the one we were denied was a stone wall penalty.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #215 on: March 19, 2023, 01:27:30 PM »
For me handball needs to have an obvious degree of intent. Not this unnatural position bollocks which is rule today. The first one yesterday he clearly had his arms extended beyond what was incidental. The second one less so. What fans hate is the inconsistency between officials. It won’t shock me at all to see Arsenal get one today for less than the one we were denied.

How can you say there was intent on the one yesterday when it was leathered at him full pelt from a few yards away. If that's habdball then it's completely down to the position of his arms and nothing else.

However, I agree they are the type that get given to bigger clubs and it could easily have been given via VAR.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #216 on: March 19, 2023, 01:32:02 PM »

How can you say there was intent on the one yesterday when it was leathered at him full pelt from a few yards away. If that's habdball then it's completely down to the position of his arms and nothing else.

However, I agree they are the type that get given to bigger clubs and it could easily have been given via VAR.

He loses the benefit of the doubt as soon as he turns his back. The shot is far enough away that he is able to make a conscious decision how to position his body and arms. He’s trying to protect himself as the shot comes in. To me that’s intent.

Offline Holte132

« Reply #217 on: March 19, 2023, 01:33:32 PM »
What was the applause for, around 20 minutes into the game?
They served a pint in under two minutes at the back of the Trinity.

Very good! Seriously though - what, or who, was it for?

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #218 on: March 19, 2023, 01:43:56 PM »
Boring first half, terrible atmosphere.
Second half much better, I'm not enjoying the football at all but this manager has his ways and we are getting results so long may it continue.

There were loads of empty seats yesterday all around the stadium. I've said this before you just simply do not see empty seats in 95% of premiership grounds like you do at Villa Park when it's not a 'big team' season ticket holders not turning up is still counted on the attendance but it's quite interesting

Where were the 28,000 in the upper away blocks yesterday? desperate for a slice of the action. I thought they'd be banging the ticket office doors down to get one of the golden tickets

Me and my son are two if the 28,000 and we tried to get tickets. So for us at least it was crap administration rather than lack of demand.

Same - logged on several times during week. No 2 seats available together

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #219 on: March 19, 2023, 01:49:00 PM »
Apart from the blocked-off rows, I also wonder if we were limited in how many of the rest could be sold due to the last-minute nature of availability.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #220 on: March 19, 2023, 01:57:13 PM »
It would be much simpler if any hand contact with the ball is a penalty. Accidental? Protecting your pretty face? Tough shit.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #221 on: March 19, 2023, 02:05:32 PM »
Apart from the blocked-off rows, I also wonder if we were limited in how many of the rest could be sold due to the last-minute nature of availability.

What do you mean by last minute nature sorry? Did we only find out late that Bournemouth weren't taking the top tier?

If there were fans who wanted to go, could have gone but weren't able to buy tickets then something's gone wrong somewhere.

Online Flamingo Lane

« Reply #222 on: March 19, 2023, 02:16:17 PM »
I bought my ticket to this game a couple of weeks ago, and I'm fairly sure that that part of the upper DE was then marked as for sale to home fans.

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #223 on: March 19, 2023, 02:20:29 PM »
I bought my ticket to this game a couple of weeks ago, and I'm fairly sure that that part of the upper DE was then marked as for sale to home fans.

The first I heard was when Ads mentioned it on here. Thursday maybe?

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #224 on: March 19, 2023, 02:20:42 PM »
I think the thing with the one yesterday was that it's a goal if his hand isn't there. It wasn't deliberate but it denied a goal scoring opportunity.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal