collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 3-0 Bournemouth post match pint and pork scratchings  (Read 26858 times)

Offline Flamingo Lane

Re: Aston Villa 3-0 Bournemouth post match pint and pork scratchings
« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2023, 10:13:49 AM »
It seems to stand out when Buendia gets caught in possession, and he needs to get into the habit of moving either himself or the ball just that little bit quicker, so as to avoid getting caught.  However, he does get himself into great positions to link the play, and frequently does so to very good effect.  Yesterday, when he was caught in possession it was usually the result of a very good tackle, and it doesn't help the look of things when he then goes to some lengths to make out that he was fouled, when clearly he wasn't. I'd say though that he is currently not that far away from becoming a vital cog in what is fast becoming a fairly well oiled machine.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #181 on: March 19, 2023, 10:16:01 AM »
The VAR/Handball never even got a mention during MOTD analysis.

Except from the commentator who said it "would've been harsh" or some such nonsense. It was an obvious penalty. 

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #182 on: March 19, 2023, 10:19:33 AM »

Except from the commentator who said it "would've been harsh" or some such nonsense. It was an obvious penalty.
It would have been harsh based on common sense, but based on the new handball rules it was a stonewall penalty.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #183 on: March 19, 2023, 10:26:44 AM »
I thought the highlights coverage of the game on MOTD was pretty poor, showing very little of the fluency behind so much of our play.

Offline Flamingo Lane

« Reply #184 on: March 19, 2023, 10:36:19 AM »
And another thing - why on earth was there a VAR of our third goal, when there were clearly two Bournemouth players standing on the goal line when the ball was headed by Buendia (or hit him on the head, if one was being harsh).

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #185 on: March 19, 2023, 10:40:30 AM »
And another thing - why on earth was there a VAR of our third goal, when there were clearly two Bournemouth players standing on the goal line when the ball was headed by Buendia (or hit him on the head, if one was being harsh).

That pissed me off, there was so obviously nothing to check and it just that second of joy out of the moment.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #186 on: March 19, 2023, 10:41:02 AM »
Boring first half, terrible atmosphere.
Second half much better, I'm not enjoying the football at all but this manager has his ways and we are getting results so long may it continue.

There were loads of empty seats yesterday all around the stadium. I've said this before you just simply do not see empty seats in 95% of premiership grounds like you do at Villa Park when it's not a 'big team' season ticket holders not turning up is still counted on the attendance but it's quite interesting

Where were the 28,000 in the upper away blocks yesterday? desperate for a slice of the action. I thought they'd be banging the ticket office doors down to get one of the golden tickets

I hope no one responds to this trolling shite
You did.

Guilty as charged, i must do better

Online Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #187 on: March 19, 2023, 10:45:29 AM »
MOTD commentary said it would have been harsh to award the penalty. It was handball for effs sake and that would be a pen at Arsenal or the Emptyhad all day long.

Offline AlexAlexCropley

« Reply #188 on: March 19, 2023, 10:48:20 AM »
The Bournemouth manager was right about it  never being a 3-0 game. It should have been 5-0.

Offline VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #189 on: March 19, 2023, 10:52:36 AM »
Second half much better, I'm not enjoying the football at all but this manager has his ways and we are getting results so long may it continue.

There were loads of empty seats yesterday all around the stadium. I've said this before you just simply do not see empty seats in 95% of premiership grounds like you do at Villa Park when it's not a 'big team' season ticket holders not turning up is still counted on the attendance but it's quite interesting

Where were the 28,000 in the upper away blocks yesterday? desperate for a slice of the action. I thought they'd be banging the ticket office doors down to get one of the golden tickets

I hope no one responds to this trolling shite
You did.

Guilty as charged, i must do better

Ha ha ha ha. ha

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #190 on: March 19, 2023, 10:58:10 AM »
Good display for me, think we have to credit the players for adapting quickly to Emery was of playing…think as a crowd we still have a way to go as it is frustrating when the ball just sticks at the back.

My motm was McGinn, obv had the iffy moment when he was given the hospital ball out from the back.   Thought he set the pace of play, Luiz very good too.

Martinez - stunning, stunnng save from free kick
Cash - lively, little frustrating that he gets so little ball from Konsa.
Moreno - good, wonder if he’ll be used wide left with a Digne behind?
Konsa - for me the weak link across back, doesn’t use the ball at all well, was caught out by Solanke running time and again, made a few great tackles though.
Mings - competent, would have loved him to have got that goal.
McGinn - MotM for me - always at his best using that ass
Luiz - close second to McGinn
Ramsey - not quite back to his best but good to see him running with the ball
Buendia - does some nice stuff but is knocking off ball, dispossessed way way way too easily too often
Bailey - lovely assist when he got his head up but is yards behind in the head, little to no anticipation and not enough of that end product from goal one.
Watkins - worked hard and was a threat, two reasons the hypocrite won’t pick him for England, how dare he be on form.

Nice to see the applause for Brooks & can see Solanke being a very useful signing for someone if they go down, looks to finally be adapting to the PL and goals should follow.
I haven't seen someone with a Digne behind.
I don't think Solanke would be an upgrade for us.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #191 on: March 19, 2023, 11:06:52 AM »

Are you listening to the national media too much about Emery? There was a dig at him again yesterday and I think it’s because they see us as a threat now. Having a ‘laugh’ at his accent and lack of English on radio, saying he’s got to lighten up and now saying his style is boring. The London bias radio are talking about him because they know he’s a top coach and he’s got the medals to prove it.
He’s a fantastic coach, his football may not be an ‘up and at em style’ but we do play some great stuff in the final third at times. There’s a plan and the way we play out from the back it the same as a lot of clubs. Kicking Aston Villa will become the thing to do as we progress so long may it continue.
As for the attendance, why worry? We don’t fill it with 10,000 half and halfers or fans that have their phones out taking bloody videos and photo’s like these other clubs you mention.
We’ve got owners with a vision and now a coach who’s proven and I just don’t get the issue here. For empty seats, take a trip to Small Heath.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #192 on: March 19, 2023, 11:13:11 AM »
Please, just ignore him.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #193 on: March 19, 2023, 11:13:44 AM »
That’s because in the context of score line it was irrelevant. It the match had ended 1-0 or 1-1 there would have been more discussion.

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #194 on: March 19, 2023, 11:15:40 AM »
Please, just ignore him.

I really shouldn’t have taken the bait should I?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal