collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 3-0 Bournemouth post match pint and pork scratchings  (Read 26059 times)

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
Re: Aston Villa 3-0 Bournemouth post match pint and pork scratchings
« Reply #150 on: March 19, 2023, 08:42:55 AM »
What was the applause for, around 20 minutes into the game?
They served a pint in under two minutes at the back of the Trinity.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #151 on: March 19, 2023, 08:44:05 AM »
It really was very comfortable but with some very good individual performances thrown in. Mcginn and Luiz were superb and Moreno is getting better.. I thought Billing for them was decent. One to look at?

Billing is a decent player but he wouldn't get anywhere near our midfield for me.

Agreed. He’s decent, but not an upgrade on any of the starting players and at bench a squad player. We need to be buying players that ultimately relegate our current starting players to the bench.

Yeah, maybe he would struggle to get into our midfield and we probably could do better. Still, he's a good age (I thought he was older than 26) and his goalscoring record is not too shabby for a midfielder.

Online Baldy

« Reply #152 on: March 19, 2023, 08:49:32 AM »
IMHO, Watkins put in a fine performance but Bailey is currently not cutting the mustard.

Little Emi is a gem. A pain in the arse for any opposition. After years of sideways/backward/risk free passing we now have a player who is:

1) Always hungry for the ball.
2) Risk taker
3) Forward thinking
4) Terrier like
5) Box to box
6) Constantly in referees ear
7) Good goal ratio
8) Team player
9) Loves the shirt

Yes, on occasion he can be knocked off the ball too easy and on occasion there is a stray pass. A risk and reward player. These are areas I am sure our coaching team are working on. But the pros well outweigh the cons.

Every team needs a small Emi and I am glad we have one.

Offline baddowvillans

« Reply #153 on: March 19, 2023, 08:50:13 AM »
Just watched MOTD no mention of any potential penalties for Villa.  "Nothing to see here move on"  looks like the win means that retrospectively they can bury it

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #154 on: March 19, 2023, 08:50:34 AM »
Billing's a bit like Onana at Everton. A decent player for a crap team who'd probably do OK with us. I hope we're after a higher level than them though.

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #155 on: March 19, 2023, 09:08:58 AM »
IMHO, Watkins put in a fine performance but Bailey is currently not cutting the mustard.

Little Emi is a gem. A pain in the arse for any opposition. After years of sideways/backward/risk free passing we now have a player who is:

1) Always hungry for the ball.
2) Risk taker
3) Forward thinking
4) Terrier like
5) Box to box
6) Constantly in referees ear
7) Good goal ratio
8) Team player
9) Loves the shirt

Yes, on occasion he can be knocked off the ball too easy and on occasion there is a stray pass. A risk and reward player. These are areas I am sure our coaching team are working on. But the pros well outweigh the cons.

Every team needs a small Emi and I am glad we have one.

I think you make some good points about little Emi

Players that are progressive and like to move the ball forward taking a few risks will always give the ball away more times than cautious steady players
That’s why I never take much notice of midfield player stats, you can see for yourself a dangerous player everything they do doesn’t come off but when it does it produces chances and goals

Having said all that, it wasn’t one of his better games yesterday but he was still effective at times

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #156 on: March 19, 2023, 09:10:24 AM »
Boring first half, terrible atmosphere.
Second half much better, I'm not enjoying the football at all but this manager has his ways and we are getting results so long may it continue.

There were loads of empty seats yesterday all around the stadium. I've said this before you just simply do not see empty seats in 95% of premiership grounds like you do at Villa Park when it's not a 'big team' season ticket holders not turning up is still counted on the attendance but it's quite interesting

Where were the 28,000 in the upper away blocks yesterday? desperate for a slice of the action. I thought they'd be banging the ticket office doors down to get one of the golden tickets

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #157 on: March 19, 2023, 09:11:24 AM »
He's got some great abilities, but I'm not sure the good does outweight the bad. If he constantly loses the ball like he did yesterday, against a better team like Chelsea, we'll see a lot more chances created against us.

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #158 on: March 19, 2023, 09:13:53 AM »
Second half much better, I'm not enjoying the football at all but this manager has his ways and we are getting results so long may it continue.

There were loads of empty seats yesterday all around the stadium. I've said this before you just simply do not see empty seats in 95% of premiership grounds like you do at Villa Park when it's not a 'big team' season ticket holders not turning up is still counted on the attendance but it's quite interesting

Where were the 28,000 in the upper away blocks yesterday? desperate for a slice of the action. I thought they'd be banging the ticket office doors down to get one of the golden tickets

I hope no one responds to this trolling shite

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #159 on: March 19, 2023, 09:15:06 AM »

We're you the one that started 'Empty Seats M' Lord'?

There were no trains yesterday, which meant a lot couldn't get there.

I'm. Not surprised you're not enjoying the football, there's nothing for you to moan about.

Offline clash city rocker

« Reply #160 on: March 19, 2023, 09:15:28 AM »

It's called modern day football not dinosaur football. Do you want a thrilling game we lose and are 3 points off relegation or a less blood and guts performance that leaves us 3 points off europe ?

Offline AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #161 on: March 19, 2023, 09:16:12 AM »
Yet he still seems to find away. One of those people who I imagine sucks the life out of any room they’re in.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #162 on: March 19, 2023, 09:17:21 AM »
Why are genuine observations trolling? Because you don't like my opinions (normally the truth or do come true) the fact is we didn't sell out a 3pm Saturday KO so would we really sell out 50k plus when tickets are easy to come by and there's no real panic to buy in advance. The casual supporter isn't going to wake up and feel motivated to go to villa park against Bournemouth

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #163 on: March 19, 2023, 09:17:21 AM »
Yet he still seems to find away. One of those people who I imagine sucks the life out of any room they’re in.
He’ll  be enjoying any response he gets, will make his sad day. 

Online Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #164 on: March 19, 2023, 09:17:41 AM »

I agree. Funeralling Bournemouth 3-0 at home with a notable world-class save from Emi, penalty denials and only 41, 021 attendance is a disgrace.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal