collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa 3-0 Bournemouth post match pint and pork scratchings  (Read 26071 times)

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
Re: Aston Villa 3-0 Bournemouth post match pint and pork scratchings
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2023, 06:40:58 PM »
If it wasn't for Neto, Olly would have had two, really good saves.
At least one penalty should have been given.
Sublime passing at times, and playing across the back line improves every game.
On another day it could have been 6 - also on another day, after not getting the breaks, we may well have lost, very happy to see the heads stay screwed on and the coached game plan doesn't go out the window - Unai really has this team playing much better than I expected.
Looking forward to what quality additions Unai brings in, to improve us further.

Can add the Mings chance to the list where we could've easily got another. 6-7 wouldn't have flattered us today.

Offline TelfordVilla

« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2023, 06:42:34 PM »

I wasn’t at the game today, and was listening on the radio. Tony Daly said it would have been a harsh penalty. Upon seeing that, Tone you were way off!! How is that not given??

I just wonder if it deflects off the number 9 before hitting the guys hands.......
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 06:46:34 PM by TelfordVilla »

Offline Neil Hawkes

« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2023, 06:47:08 PM »
If it wasn't for Neto, Olly would have had two, really good saves.
At least one penalty should have been given.
Sublime passing at times, and playing across the back line improves every game.
On another day it could have been 6 - also on another day, after not getting the breaks, we may well have lost, very happy to see the heads stay screwed on and the coached game plan doesn't go out the window - Unai really has this team playing much better than I expected.
Looking forward to what quality additions Unai brings in, to improve us further.

Can add the Mings chance to the list where we could've easily got another. 6-7 wouldn't have flattered us today.
How did I forget that one!

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2023, 06:48:12 PM »
Superb all round display. Mings, Luiz, McGinn, Ramsey, Cash and Moreno particularly outstanding. Emi Buendia needs to protect the ball better, too easily pushed off the ball at times.

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2023, 06:52:03 PM »
What Emery is doing with what was (Moreno apart) the ame squad of player is light years from how we started the season.
Calmer every game on the ball and some of the passages of play front to back at totally joyous to watch.
Not long ago I suggested Mings, McGinn and Watkins were spent but the transformation back to form is incredible.

I can understand Toney getting in above Watkins on play and goals (although why try out a player who is expected to be getting a pretty hefty ban) but to pick the likes of Dier and Mcguire over the current form of Mings is worthy of the sack.

We had enough chances to have wiped out the negative GD today and at times our play was a joy to watch.

Let's hope jug ears and the other pundits stealing a living gives our team and especially our manager the credit they both deserve.

3 clean sheets out of last 4 games, assured on the ball and his performance today was worthy of MOTM.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2023, 06:57:27 PM »
I thought we did a good professional job today, more evidence of quality management coming through. If I’m honest ‘superb’ might be pushing it a bit but it was easily good enough. Surprised how poor Bournemouth were really, I know they’re near the bottom but they have won a few lately, I thought they’d push us more. They did have a few chances second half but a combination of good defending and their own blunt strikers meant that they weren’t really a danger.

Offline MalcolmP

« Reply #96 on: March 18, 2023, 07:15:37 PM »
Three valuable points. Decent performance considering Buendia, Bailey and Watkins didn't turn up. Mings, McGinn, Ramsey, Dougie, Emi, Cash, Moreno and even Konsa all played their part. Despite not being at our best we were rarely troubled thanks to the defence and midfield.

The less said about the penalties the better. I no longer have a clue what does and doesn't now qualify as a penalty, it's like the rules change every week.
Buendia and Watkins didn't turn up?.I'm not sure that you did. Watkins was excellent and Buendia was involved in most of the creative moves.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 14.03.2024
« Reply #97 on: March 18, 2023, 07:18:30 PM »
Bailey made the first with a killer ball across the six yard box for Luiz.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #98 on: March 18, 2023, 07:20:41 PM »
At Warwick services and lots of poor Cherries fans very unhappy on their way home. Don't seem to be giving Villa much credit. I really think they thought 3 points were in the bag today.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #99 on: March 18, 2023, 07:27:17 PM »
I thought Moreno was very good and would be  my MOTM, nice to see others going for McGinn or Dougie as it means we had a few standouts.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #100 on: March 18, 2023, 07:32:42 PM »
Three valuable points. Decent performance considering Buendia, Bailey and Watkins didn't turn up. Mings, McGinn, Ramsey, Dougie, Emi, Cash, Moreno and even Konsa all played their part. Despite not being at our best we were rarely troubled thanks to the defence and midfield.

The less said about the penalties the better. I no longer have a clue what does and doesn't now qualify as a penalty, it's like the rules change every week.
Buendia and Watkins didn't turn up?.I'm not sure that you did. Watkins was excellent and Buendia was involved in most of the creative moves.

Buendia couldn't stop giving the ball away, I'm a big fan of his but nothing would go right for him today other than the goal and the brilliant ball he threaded through for Watkins.
Watkins played one good ball all game, midway in the opposition half. Lovely touch. First half he twice cut in from the left and like a child in the playground tried to shoot when he had next to no chance of scoring. It's so frustrating to watch and players around him must wonder if his vision is impaired. The same when he made a chance for himself after fluffing his lines first time round.

If you are right and 'Watkins was excellent and Buendia was involved in most of the creative moves' I'd be very concerned but you're not, so I'm not stressed at all. They'll both have better days.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #101 on: March 18, 2023, 07:37:41 PM »
Very pleasing that. Great to have a performance and result where we do what you expect us to do. Controlled throughout and created plenty of opportunities.

Mings was excellent, I think McGinn has improved massively from the drop off he suffered post FA Cup at Man United under Gerrars, while Dougie is looking class.

I'm not sure the system is getting the most out of Ramsey and Bailey continues to be largely ineffectual. Emi, goal aside, was very wasteful in possession. Emery is very demanding so I suspect we'll either see improvement in the next 11 games or see them replaced.

I like the style and identity that we're developing. The defence really draw the opposition on. Billings started to join the press and we found space behind. The midfield move it incredibly quickly into channels and for Watkins, hitting that vacated space. We're only going to get better at it too.

Not the finished article, but I've not been this optimistic since O'Neill was in charge.

Offline RichardBatchelor

« Reply #102 on: March 18, 2023, 07:57:26 PM »
Ha ha yeah, we win as a team and lose as a ... cliché, but not far from the truth.

Offline rob_bridge

« Reply #103 on: March 18, 2023, 08:04:06 PM »
I reckon we should be safe now.

We are Definitely Safe - have the same number of points as under Big Eck

Offline LeonW

« Reply #104 on: March 18, 2023, 08:06:15 PM »
Very good win against a club we’ve struggled to get results from since we came back up. Was never really comfortable until the second goal.

• Thought Cash was MOTM. Made countless blocks and interceptions and was very good bringing the ball forward.
• Dougie again very good and must be in with a shout for player of the season for us such has been his consistency this season.
• Ramsey was always a threat and carried the ball forward very well.
• Playing out from the back is coming along very well, McGinn I pass aside. And when we break the opposition’s press we are a joy in transition with our moves.
• Need more consistency from Bunedia and Bailey.
• VAR (sigh). An absolute farce (or VARace) today. Three handballs by Bournemouth players in the box, two by the same guy, all in varying levels of potential penalties, all of which we’ve seen given in other games this season. But the first one is as blatant as you’re going to see; shot on target, player his hand away from his body and blocking the shot. How that is not given by VAR god only knows. The result will allow the officials to get away with it but the club should be asking for an explanation.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal