collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa vs Bournemouth Pre-Match  (Read 13740 times)

Offline Hillbilly

Re: Aston Villa vs Bournemouth Pre-Match
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2023, 02:29:33 AM »
Watkins to score a couple, Southgate to leave him out of the England squad.

Offline Woody17

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2023, 06:19:51 AM »
Good. Having our players in or around the England squad never does us any good. See Platt, Southgate himself and Grealish. Even Hendrie came back thinking he was billy big bollocks.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 06:21:55 AM by Woody17 »

Offline ADVILLAFAN

• GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2023, 06:44:00 AM »
Was our last win against them the Gestede winner at the start of 2015/16?

Hopefully we do it this time,  although they've played well in their last 2 matches.

Online RamboandBruno

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2023, 07:00:26 AM »
They ran Arsenal really close and beat Liverpool, they are going down fighting and this will be tough. Need to get a grip of that big git Billing in the middle and Mings and Konsa need to be on it against Solanke. 3-1, with the third coming late to settle the nerves (Watkins 2, McGinn).

The ease in which they bullied us in the season opener was embarrassing. Is that Welsh clogger injured up front? I'm a bit concerned about us here. I'm expecting the likes of Solanke will try and target Konsa physically and without the ball they will try and press our CBs hard with the ball. We did well defending set pieces in the main v WHU but need to try and avoid them where possible here.

Be patient, play through the lines and expose why these guys are down at the bottom of the table. Absolutely no way to Bailey starting. If Kamara isn't back then give Traore a go.
Hopefully Donks back to have a physical tussle with Billing, we’d be able to move McGinn back to the right then. Agree about Bailey, either Traore or Duran to start for me.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2023, 07:43:22 AM »
This will be tough with Bournemouth scrapping against relegation. They did well against Liverpool last weekend with their counter attacking game. They're pacy down the wings so we need to guard against this. I think it might be 1-1. Kamara missing is a problem in midfield, hopefully Dendoncker is fit.....

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2023, 08:04:00 AM »
This will be tough with Bournemouth scrapping against relegation. They did well against Liverpool last weekend with their counter attacking game. They're pacy down the wings so we need to guard against this. I think it might be 1-1. Kamara missing is a problem in midfield, hopefully Dendoncker is fit.....

They also beat Wolves who seem to have adopted a similar style of football to us. Although my brother says we do pass the ball far better than them.

It is about thine we beat this lot though.

Offline Dave P

• GM : PCM
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2023, 09:13:41 AM »

And Mings will keep a clean sheet but "Conor Coady is a great player and leader"

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2023, 09:17:28 AM »
They're in the bottom three for a reason, and have won the grand total of 3 games in their last 17. They've drawn 3 as well, and lost the rest. We've got to get after teams like this from the start and hand out a lesson. Of course the result is all important, but I'd like to see a good, attacking performance for a change. 3-0.

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2023, 09:17:59 AM »
Let's win the football match, that's all I got to say.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2023, 09:18:16 AM »

And Mings will keep a clean sheet but "Conor Coady is a great player and leader"

Always thought that Southgate sees himself in Coady, namely a shite midfielder that's useful in a back three but not good enough as one of two centre halves.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2023, 09:20:54 AM »
Southgate very much was good enough in a two. I can't stand the bloke these days, but he and Ehiogu made an excellent central pairing.

Offline Baldy

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2023, 09:22:13 AM »
Just did a Footy-Vill on the relegation battle beneath us.  :)

Everton and West Ham in particular will be praying we do a job on Bournemouth. I think them two have the hardest run ins.

Happy days.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2023, 09:53:28 AM »
They're in the bottom three for a reason, and have won the grand total of 3 games in their last 17. They've drawn 3 as well, and lost the rest. We've got to get after teams like this from the start and hand out a lesson. Of course the result is all important, but I'd like to see a good, attacking performance for a change. 3-0.

We're short up front, I'm happy with getting a result.

Offline Lastfootstamper

• GM : PCM
« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2023, 10:01:09 AM »
The only thing more deflating than leaving Villa Park on Saturday having watched us only get a point would be leaving having watched us get no points. We have to be beating the likes of these. No excuses.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2023, 10:10:43 AM »
We've scored more early goals in the league this season than anyone else! It makes me prouder than winning the Peace Cup.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal