collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Fan Voted Player of the Year by PaulWinch again
[Today at 09:10:21 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by VillaTim
[Today at 09:10:10 AM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by VillaTim
[Today at 09:08:48 AM]

Champions League Contention by Ads
[Today at 09:06:00 AM]

NSWE Investment by Villan For Life
[Today at 08:55:30 AM]

Games Moved for TV by FailsworthVillan
[Today at 08:24:30 AM]

Ollie Watkins by LeeB
[Today at 08:12:59 AM]

8 years ago today - Apr 30, 2016 by sid1964
[Today at 07:58:23 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: UEFA Europa Conference League - Alkmaar, Legia and Zrinjski  (Read 372932 times)

Offline Holte L2

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League - Alkmaar, Legia and Zrinjski
« Reply #4500 on: October 06, 2023, 11:42:58 AM »
Oh hang on it isn’t oversubscribed on the first criteria.

No I miscalculated, 400ish left over after category 1 for 1300 people!

I'm a Season ticket holder with 8+ years, 19 aways and did Legia Warsaw. But might miss out because I couldn't make Hibs due to being on holiday. Gutted! Feel absolutely sick.

Offline artvandelay

« Reply #4501 on: October 06, 2023, 11:54:35 AM »
The criteria are consecutive. The 1387 includes the 576 in the top bracket so there will be 811 people maximum going for 409 tickets. Considering the events there last night and with West Ham, I imagine many won't be too keen on it and that anyone in the second bracket will be fine as long as they are quick.

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #4502 on: October 06, 2023, 11:55:18 AM »
The criteria are consecutive. The 1387 includes the 576 in the top bracket so there will be 811 people maximum going for 409 tickets. Considering the events there last night and with West Ham, I imagine many won't be too keen on it and that anyone in the second bracket will be fine as long as they are quick.

What happened last night?

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4503 on: October 06, 2023, 11:56:20 AM »
I dont think anybody is going to be put off by any local Schtone Island lads you know, they how you shay, shithouse, yesh? Warsaw were the rough lot and it was uneventful. Be loads go ticketless for Amsterdam (like my good lady will be).

Offline artvandelay

« Reply #4504 on: October 06, 2023, 11:56:55 AM »

What happened last night?
Mirror report is here; https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/legia-warsaw-alkmaar-conference-league-31119546

Essentially after they forced Warsaw fans to go back on themselves to the Hague to get a bus to Alkmaar, there was then trouble at the ground. This culminated in a fight between the Warsaw team and officials and Dutch police and two Warsaw players including the captain are still in custody

Offline NeilH

« Reply #4505 on: October 06, 2023, 12:49:57 PM »
There's an element of Dutch fans that is particularly cuntish.

In European games, the currently preferred MO seems to be an attack on the family/VIP stand. Which, even by hooligan standards, seems beyond the pale. AZ did it against West Ham, Twente against Hammarby and I remember hearing of at least one or two more over the last year or so though I cannot now remember the clubs involved.

Dutch footy has been going down the shi**er for a while now and it culminated in the De Klassieker a week or so ago. The post-match scenes at AZ Legia last night with Dutch police going in heavy-handed, nicking the Legia captain and man-handling the Legia chairman (causing an international spat between NL and the Polish PM) really don't bode well for the game in a few weeks.
My advice for anyone going to the AZ game is not to drink in Alkmaar but to stay in Amsterdam and then catch the train over because until the Dutch FA gets a handle on things here, the potential for trouble is just too high.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #4506 on: October 06, 2023, 12:52:00 PM »
I'd imagine that an awful lot of Villa going over will have no intention of leaving Amsterdam at all.

Offline NeilH

« Reply #4507 on: October 06, 2023, 12:54:23 PM »
I dont think anybody is going to be put off by any local Schtone Island lads you know, they how you shay, shithouse, yesh? Warsaw were the rough lot and it was uneventful. Be loads go ticketless for Amsterdam (like my good lady will be).

As I just mentioned, issues with organised ultra groups here remain a major problem. Even my shi**y local Dutch 2nd Div team had to get extra police in, create a stadium ring of steel and stop online ticket sales due to a planned and organised attack between two clubs (one of whom Telstar was playing that night). My advice remains don't go to Alkmaar without a ticket, even for a drink and be vigilant if drinking in Amsterdam.

Offline claret+blue ed

« Reply #4508 on: October 06, 2023, 12:54:44 PM »
I'm not going, but hopefully those who do don't have to go the The Hague to collect tickets like Legia had to, that would certainly spoil the plans for stopping in Amsterdam and just getting the train to Alkmar

Offline NeilH

« Reply #4509 on: October 06, 2023, 12:59:07 PM »
I'm not going, but hopefully those who do don't have to go the The Hague to collect tickets like Legia had to, that would certainly spoil the plans for stopping in Amsterdam and just getting the train to Alkmar
Plenty of pubs in Haarlem where the Villa fans would have to change trains if forced to go to The Hague to collect tickets; beer is a damn sight better than the typical Amstel/Heineken crap served on The Dam too.

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #4510 on: October 06, 2023, 01:15:40 PM »
More from the BBC

Legia Warsaw: Poland PM wants 'urgent diplomatic action' after two players arrested following Conference League tie at AZ Alkmaar - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67027229

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4511 on: October 06, 2023, 01:31:05 PM »
Considering the events there last night and with West Ham, I imagine many won't be too keen on it and that anyone in the second bracket will be fine as long as they are quick.

Whatever the thoughts of Villa fans on the Dutch trip, I'd be even less keen on heading to Warsaw if I were an Alkmaar fan.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4512 on: October 06, 2023, 02:26:25 PM »
The amount of Police in Warsaw, the AZ lot will be lucky to see a Legia fan until they're bussed in.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4513 on: October 06, 2023, 02:37:08 PM »
Was thinking the same ads.

Offline AV84

« Reply #4514 on: October 06, 2023, 02:48:14 PM »
I know there's occasionally a spot of bother at other matches bit does this kind of thing seem to happen more in the Conference League? Or is it just that I'm paying more attention to it now?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal