collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Fan Voted Player of the Year by LeonW
[Today at 02:49:35 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by adrenachrome
[Today at 02:41:39 AM]

Aston Villa v Olympiacos - UECL Semi Final First Leg Pre Match by Martyn Smith
[Today at 12:31:51 AM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by AV84
[April 30, 2024, 11:56:01 PM]

NSWE Investment by luke95
[April 30, 2024, 11:17:05 PM]

Peter McParland 90 today by Dogtanian
[April 30, 2024, 10:41:39 PM]

Champions League Contention by dave.woodhall
[April 30, 2024, 10:28:40 PM]

Kits 23/24 by KRS
[April 30, 2024, 09:53:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: UEFA Europa Conference League - Alkmaar, Legia and Zrinjski  (Read 372815 times)

Offline Scratchins

• GM : 19.11.2024
Re: UEFA Europa Conference League - Alkmaar, Legia and Zrinjski
« Reply #4425 on: September 22, 2023, 05:50:31 PM »
The policing was over the top and disproportionate. I was stressed out, I had private travel arrangements and if I couldn't get out in time risked not being able to fly last night. I kept being told to join the bus queue. You build in possible delays but 3 hours after the match for an estimated 45 minute journey was certainly not envisaged. The rest of the day - apart from the result - was great.

Offline Lsvilla

• GM : 11.08.2024
« Reply #4426 on: September 22, 2023, 06:17:24 PM »
We had a good trip. Went into Krakow on Tuesday A visit to Auschwitz on Wednesday and then train into Warsaw on match day. Avoided the Irish bar but found a great place for lunch and a few drinks before walking to the ground (about 40 mins through what seemed to be mainly student / university land). Quick beer in a pub near the ground mainly occupied by home fans but stress free.
Post match experience similar to many others. Held in and then faced with a police line. Not allowed to walk back to the hotel but allowed out to get an Uber. He then cancelled on us 2 minutes away (presumably couldn't be arsed fighting through the traffic) but got a normal taxi which he confirmed was on the meter. Didn't mention he was going to add on various made-up tariffs to drive it up to a £60 fare for a 10 minute ride - but negotiated this down to just a minor rip-off. And then got a free pint in the Grand Sheraton due to a cock-up so balanced out.
On balance I get the policing strategy given the previous problems and ultimately everyone was kept safe. Could have been miles better but equally could have been much worse.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #4427 on: September 22, 2023, 06:27:29 PM »
The policing was over the top and disproportionate. I was stressed out, I had private travel arrangements and if I couldn't get out in time risked not being able to fly last night. I kept being told to join the bus queue. You build in possible delays but 3 hours after the match for an estimated 45 minute journey was certainly not envisaged. The rest of the day - apart from the result - was great.

Yes, that is bad. I find going to a game stressful in itself. I never feel U am in control if anything home or away.

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4428 on: September 22, 2023, 06:56:42 PM »
It's been interesting reading various people's experiences of the trip over. Apart from the ballache after the game and the result, it sounded good and no-one came to any harm by the sound of it. Fair play to those that went.

Offline Holte L2

« Reply #4429 on: September 22, 2023, 07:32:42 PM »
A fantastic 24 hours in Warsaw was had. AV82EC and I avoided the main square and had pints and lunch in Pinta before taking a stroll too Jabeerwockey and Kufle and enjoying some more beers. Took a taxi to the ground around 5.30. Post match we endured the stress of trying to get back to our hotel. We were at the ibis. Half a mile away. The plod we spoke to almost let us walk then to be told it wasn't his decision.
Numerous Ubers cancelled us before finally getting one. We really should get our own back for the return match and make the  Leiga fuckers stay inside the ground for 2 hours after the match

The lack of communication was the worst bit.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4430 on: September 22, 2023, 07:36:42 PM »
I hope we lock them in for 3 days. We had a shit time of it because they're a bunch of retrograde skin head twats. Fuck em.

What would be the point of that?

Doing what we're complaining about being done to us?

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #4431 on: September 22, 2023, 08:22:21 PM »
Two wrongs don't make a right.

I hope all fans are treated well at Villa Park.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #4432 on: September 22, 2023, 09:19:24 PM »
I hope we lock them in for 3 days. We had a shit time of it because they're a bunch of retrograde skin head twats. Fuck em.

Their fans are massive twats and we suffered because they're massive twats. Let them endure a couple of extra hours in the Witton.

Offline Exeter 77

« Reply #4433 on: September 22, 2023, 09:38:47 PM »

Their fans are massive twats and we suffered because they're massive twats.
So no different than a trip to The Sty.

Offline dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
« Reply #4434 on: September 22, 2023, 10:52:53 PM »
Just landed at Gatwick. Should be home by 4 AM. Four if us travelled and apart from the after match nightmare we had a great trip. Flew back from Krakow today and spent time in the lovely old town. Did talk to a youngish Villa fan from Newcastle at Krakow  airport who like us walked to the game. He said he got pinned against a wall by some of the Legia fans passing the home end but luckily the police came to his rescue very quickly. That's the only account if any bother we heard of. Hopefully he had a safe trip home.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #4435 on: September 23, 2023, 01:25:39 AM »
Just landed at Gatwick. Should be home by 4 AM. Four if us travelled and apart from the after match nightmare we had a great trip. Flew back from Krakow today and spent time in the lovely old town. Did talk to a youngish Villa fan from Newcastle at Krakow  airport who like us walked to the game. He said he got pinned against a wall by some of the Legia fans passing the home end but luckily the police came to his rescue very quickly. That's the only account if any bother we heard of. Hopefully he had a safe trip home.

Was that Aidan, a lad with the Irish flag? We were with him on Wednesday.

I was with Brits who live in Warsaw near the halfway line so we were sat at a bar near the ground 10 -15 minutes after the final whistle. It did seem like a crazy amount of policing and also very heavy handed in keeping people in for so long. Everyone I met was decent, including bar staff in the centre and old town, but I’ve heard of a couple of isolated incidents. At breakfast today, the bloke who runs Kingswinford Lions said his son had his hat nicked near the ground - they went in a taxi and were followed by a small mob looking for trophies - and one of the Sutton Coldfield club blokes was knocked over by a big bugger on Wednesday night. Some scrapes but nothing major.

Most of the Poles have been brilliant. Friendly and fun, and keen to know what we think of Poland. It’s a fab country based on my week here

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #4436 on: September 23, 2023, 02:04:34 AM »

Was that Aidan, a lad with the Irish flag? We were with him on Wednesday.

I was with Brits who live in Warsaw near the halfway line so we were sat at a bar near the ground 10 -15 minutes after the final whistle. It did seem like a crazy amount of policing and also very heavy handed in keeping people in for so long. Everyone I met was decent, including bar staff in the centre and old town, but I’ve heard of a couple of isolated incidents. At breakfast today, the bloke who runs Kingswinford Lions said his son had his hat nicked near the ground - they went in a taxi and were followed by a small mob looking for trophies - and one of the Sutton Coldfield club blokes was knocked over by a big bugger on Wednesday night. Some scrapes but nothing major.

Most of the Poles have been brilliant. Friendly and fun, and keen to know what we think of Poland. It’s a fab country based on my week here

Good write up, mate.

That's exactly what I thought of Poland, generally. I suspect a lot has changed since 2008, but everywhere I went, people were decent, hospitable and most had links to England with family living or working there.

Only when I crossed over into Belarus or Ukraine did I encounter the occasional bellend who wanted to fight, argue about politics etc etc. Things I have absolutely no interest in or much knowledge of.

And the women in all three above mentioned countries were often stunning. I was walking around Minsk with my eyes popping out 😂

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #4437 on: September 23, 2023, 02:06:37 AM »

Apart from Bluenoses and Birmingham reds, of course! 😂

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4438 on: September 23, 2023, 04:55:10 AM »
There was a bit of trouble according to my mate’s message on WhatsApp:

Warsaw Poland last night🤷🏿‍♂️lads my age in  hotel got landed on by Polish ultras . Went off 💥👊🏿 beaten up, followed em . They had Villa tops on 🤦🏼‍♂️ they are ok but bruised and shook up . Group of 12 attacked them. That would never have happened with CCREW, furthermore I always know my surroundings🤷🏿‍♂️ this is why 100% chartered flight will be sorted for Bosnia 🇧🇦 those  Genghis Khan  ****** will come riding in on horse back with long swords.

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #4439 on: September 23, 2023, 05:51:26 AM »

Apart from Bluenoses and Birmingham reds, of course! 😂

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal