collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fucking cheats vs Aston Villa post match thread - we won the 2nd half 1-0  (Read 16541 times)

Offline aj2k77

Re: Fucking cheats vs Aston Villa post match thread - we won the 2nd half 1-0
« Reply #225 on: February 13, 2023, 02:38:33 PM »
I think that's a really good point.  Why are all their fans not questioning the club about what it has alleged to have done?

These 100 odd charges - there not being scapegoated - they are accused of systematically cheatin', and then refusing to co-operate with the investigations. 

This isn't a which-hunt, this is industrial scale cheating they are accused of - so at what point do they start to think about what these owners have done with their club.

They are terrified of going back to being fucked by Middlesboro 8-1 and would gladly support the love child of Myra Hindley and Saddam Hussein if it guarenteed them endless pots of money to spend on winning tin pots. They aren't interested in anything but that.

Offline The Edge

• GM : PCM
« Reply #226 on: February 13, 2023, 03:34:57 PM »
I think that's a really good point.  Why are all their fans not questioning the club about what it has alleged to have done?

These 100 odd charges - there not being scapegoated - they are accused of systematically cheatin', and then refusing to co-operate with the investigations. 

This isn't a which-hunt, this is industrial scale cheating they are accused of - so at what point do they start to think about what these owners have done with their club.

They are terrified of going back to being fucked by Middlesboro 8-1 and would gladly support the love child of Myra Hindley and Saddam Hussein if it guarenteed them endless pots of money to spend on winning tin pots. They aren't interested in anything but that.
Absolutely. And ditto the geordies. It's hard to imagine a more horrific regime than their new owners but apparently the shops in Newcastle sold out of those checked teatowels which they wear in support of their glorious new owners. Football fans are willing to dine with the devil if it means they can be successful.

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #227 on: February 13, 2023, 03:49:04 PM »
I don’t think it will be long before Moreno will replace him. It sometimes takes these players a little time to get up to speed in this league.
Moreno will be 30 in about 3 months, so if it's going to take him time to "get up to speed" we don't have long.

He proabaly means the pace of the league. A lot of players who come over here comment on how much quicker it is.

That’s right, the pace of this league. It’s quite often the case with players from Europe, they often need a handful of games to adapt. I’m not saying months.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #228 on: February 13, 2023, 04:18:05 PM »

Absolutely. And ditto the geordies. It's hard to imagine a more horrific regime than their new owners but apparently the shops in Newcastle sold out of those checked teatowels which they wear in support of their glorious new owners. Football fans are willing to dine with the devil if it means they can be successful.

And don't for a minute think ours would be any different.

Offline KRS

« Reply #229 on: February 13, 2023, 04:34:48 PM »
It was never a penalty. I didn’t see any contact and even if there was then it would have been the very slightest of touches not enough to send an athlete flying to the deck. Grealish clearly threw himself to the floor with added pathetic theatrics. Did VAR even check the decision?

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
« Reply #230 on: February 13, 2023, 04:35:58 PM »
How the hell did we get to a situation where Lucas Digne is our top earner and is no better than Targett.

And that one of our two January signings isn't considered right to start ahead of him. Nearly £40m on left backs in two years.

In one year (Jan 22 and Jan 23) !

I don’t think it will be long before Moreno will replace him. It sometimes takes these players a little time to get up to speed in this league.

I think thats all it is. He'll give Moreno a start now and again and and get him used to it gradually.
How the hell did we get to a situation where Lucas Digne is our top earner and is no better than Targett.

And that one of our two January signings isn't considered right to start ahead of him. Nearly £40m on left backs in two years.

I think thats all it is. He'll give Moreno a start now and again and and get him used to it gradually.

all true
But I always wonder how you get used to the pace of the game and a new league sitting on the bench

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #231 on: February 13, 2023, 04:36:10 PM »

I concur - since we NSWE took charge - I have been putting on weight in tribute to our part American ownership.  But I have been doing it in an ironical way - as I know its just a stereotype

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #232 on: February 13, 2023, 04:39:21 PM »

all true
But I always wonder how you get used to the pace of the game and a new league sitting on the bench

By coming off the bench?

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #233 on: February 13, 2023, 05:06:08 PM »

I think in everyday life we all do, good example is the fuel we put in our vehicle

Offline Simon Page

« Reply #234 on: February 13, 2023, 05:28:59 PM »
Different, er, levels, but the U-S-A bollocks when Lerner took over and then the Chinese flag flying made me uncomfortable. Not because of them being dirty forrin, but the subservience of it all. Much as it pains me to say it, I can't see us being much/any different if we had a dodgy entity buying us pots. There'd be a hard core of misery arses (and being Villa I'd hope they'd be greater in number than any other club could hope to muster) but the ground, shop and radio phone-ins would be full of people thinking everything was fine and dandy.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #235 on: February 13, 2023, 05:43:39 PM »
Different, er, levels, but the U-S-A bollocks when Lerner took over and then the Chinese flag flying made me uncomfortable. Not because of them being dirty forrin, but the subservience of it all. Much as it pains me to say it, I can't see us being much/any different if we had a dodgy entity buying us pots. There'd be a hard core of misery arses (and being Villa I'd hope they'd be greater in number than any other club could hope to muster) but the ground, shop and radio phone-ins would be full of people thinking everything was fine and dandy.

It's the same for Man United. Gary Neville abusing the terrible Glazers at every turn and shilling for the Qataris yesterday again.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #236 on: February 13, 2023, 06:05:07 PM »

I agree.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #237 on: February 13, 2023, 06:07:22 PM »
Getting back to the match, watching the Wolverhampton game against Southampton, Wolverhampton down to 10 players and come back to win, yesterday I saw a . Villa team going through the motions

Offline aj2k77

« Reply #238 on: February 13, 2023, 06:10:11 PM »
I think I could only tolerate the first 10/15 trophies.....

Online Clampy

« Reply #239 on: February 13, 2023, 06:17:05 PM »
Getting back to the match, watching the Wolverhampton game against Southampton, Wolverhampton down to 10 players and come back to win, yesterday I saw a . Villa team going through the motions

I'm not sure about that. You can't really compare Southampton with Man City. The crowd were riled up and the early goal was the last thing we needed to give away.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal