collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fucking cheats vs Aston Villa post match thread - we won the 2nd half 1-0  (Read 16542 times)

Offline astonvilla82

Re: Fucking cheats vs Aston Villa post match thread - we won the 2nd half 1-0
« Reply #240 on: February 13, 2023, 07:24:44 PM »
Getting back to the match, watching the Wolverhampton game against Southampton, Wolverhampton down to 10 players and come back to win, yesterday I saw a . Villa team going through the motions

I'm not sure about that. You can't really compare Southampton with Man City. The crowd were riled up and the early goal was the last thing we needed to give away.
could have put a  bit more effort in instead of accepting it willingly that we aren't good enough

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #241 on: February 13, 2023, 07:26:26 PM »
Getting back to the match, watching the Wolverhampton game against Southampton, Wolverhampton down to 10 players and come back to win, yesterday I saw a . Villa team going through the motions

I'm not sure about that. You can't really compare Southampton with Man City. The crowd were riled up and the early goal was the last thing we needed to give away.
could have put a  bit more effort in instead of accepting it willingly that we aren't good enough

We definitely didn't put in a shift first half.

Yeah, conceding so quickly is never going to help, but we were pathetic - absolutely in thrall to them, we just let them do whatever they wanted.

Offline ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #242 on: February 13, 2023, 07:32:22 PM »
It was pathetic first half.
One of those where we seem so meek, the ref was giving some awful decisions and we just accepted it.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #243 on: February 13, 2023, 07:51:29 PM »
Yes the first half was an absolute shambles, no two ways about it.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #244 on: February 13, 2023, 08:08:32 PM »
Yes the first half was an absolute shambles, no two ways about it.
I thought we got out of this mentality

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #245 on: February 13, 2023, 09:13:30 PM »
I think that's a really good point.  Why are all their fans not questioning the club about what it has alleged to have done?

These 100 odd charges - there not being scapegoated - they are accused of systematically cheatin', and then refusing to co-operate with the investigations. 

This isn't a which-hunt, this is industrial scale cheating they are accused of - so at what point do they start to think about what these owners have done with their club.

They are terrified of going back to being fucked by Middlesboro 8-1 and would gladly support the love child of Myra Hindley and Saddam Hussein if it guarenteed them endless pots of money to spend on winning tin pots. They aren't interested in anything but that.
Absolutely. And ditto the geordies. It's hard to imagine a more horrific regime than their new owners but apparently the shops in Newcastle sold out of those checked teatowels which they wear in support of their glorious new owners. Football fans are willing to dine with the devil if it means they can be successful.

And don't for a minute think ours would be any different.

100% agree Dave…we have our fair share of morons in the fan base when we aren’t even successful :-)

Offline gpbarr

• GM : 31.03.2017
« Reply #246 on: February 14, 2023, 12:14:36 AM »
I think that's a really good point.  Why are all their fans not questioning the club about what it has alleged to have done?

These 100 odd charges - there not being scapegoated - they are accused of systematically cheatin', and then refusing to co-operate with the investigations. 

This isn't a which-hunt, this is industrial scale cheating they are accused of - so at what point do they start to think about what these owners have done with their club.

They are terrified of going back to being fucked by Middlesboro 8-1 and would gladly support the love child of Myra Hindley and Saddam Hussein if it guarenteed them endless pots of money to spend on winning tin pots. They aren't interested in anything but that.
Absolutely. And ditto the geordies. It's hard to imagine a more horrific regime than their new owners but apparently the shops in Newcastle sold out of those checked teatowels which they wear in support of their glorious new owners. Football fans are willing to dine with the devil if it means they can be successful.

And don't for a minute think ours would be any different.

100% agree Dave…we have our fair share of morons in the fan base when we aren’t even successful :-)

Yep. If the Chinese State Investment Fund ploughed £2bn into Villa and became City Mk2, I doubt too many Villa fans would be complaining.

Football (and almost anyone associated with it) sold itself out years back. And it’s going to get worse over the next decade as the chosen few rampage through the game without a shred of moral or ethical consideration.

If you think it’s bad for Villa - put yourself in the shoes of most the rest of the football clubs across the UK. In a decade, half of them will be bust, will have folded into administration, or will have had to merge to stay afloat. It’s grim out there.

Offline simon ward 50

« Reply #247 on: February 14, 2023, 12:31:05 PM »
This from my Manchester City supporting vicar on the penalty!
"I thought it was soft"

He then went on to say that Gary Neville and Roy Keane had agreed with the ref which kind of destroys his argument?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal