collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Villa Park Redevelopment by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:24:14 AM]

FFP by Chico Hamilton III
[Today at 09:14:08 AM]

Aston Villa v Wolverhampton Wanderers Pre Match by dicedlam
[Today at 09:14:03 AM]

Gordon Cowans by PeterWithesShin
[Today at 08:56:31 AM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by algy
[Today at 08:04:45 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Dogtanian
[Today at 07:10:41 AM]

Please Donate to Keep This Site Going - Link on Left & Top of Page by Bad English
[Today at 06:57:08 AM]

Muppet Donations by Bad English
[Today at 06:56:08 AM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 391372 times)

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #3720 on: January 31, 2023, 11:50:36 PM »
Spare a thought for the Evertonians. The transfer thread on GOT is 1600+ pages long, they've sold their best young prospect for 45m and bought zero players despite being 19th. :)

At least they got £45m, we sold our top scorer for £12m! ;)

Well it will be £15m in the end. I don’t think West Ham are going down. But Everton absolutely fucking committed a crime getting that much for Gordon.

Offline Alex77

• GM : 19.11.2023
« Reply #3721 on: January 31, 2023, 11:54:38 PM »
Enzo Fernández will sign with Chelsea until June 2031 - fuck me - that's a long contract. Doesn't feel right when the finance for signings has to come from a bloody building society
Same old Chelsea always cheating. Long contracts are their way to get around FFP and this was a desperation signing as from next TW max contract is goi g to be restricted to 5 years.

They're not cheating though, it's clearly within the rules at the moment. The problem is ffp isn't fit for purpose.

FFP isnt ffp?

Not sure I understand the question.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3722 on: January 31, 2023, 11:58:04 PM »
Given Man Utd signed Wieghorst on loan from. Burnley you can see that the market for strikers was a bit fucked.

Not sure who people wanted us to go for? Danjuma? Emery didn't want him. Mudryk? No way he'd have come unless we started offering Saudi Arabian wages. Vardy? Old. Kane? Would he have come? Theikesnof Bournemouth and Southampton have signed players for circa £20-25m players we've never heard of because they probably aren't that good.

Whether you've heard of them or not really isn't a very reliable barometer of whether they'd be any good.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #3723 on: February 01, 2023, 12:04:57 AM »
Want cheering up? visit the Everton website. Selling the best player on their books smells of financial difficulties.
Feel for their supporters because we've been there done that.

Offline Virgil Caine

• Location: Bedfordshire and its not as bad as you think it might be.
  • GM : 15.07.2024
« Reply #3724 on: February 01, 2023, 12:45:28 AM »
Enzo Fernández will sign with Chelsea until June 2031 - fuck me - that's a long contract. Doesn't feel right when the finance for signings has to come from a bloody building society
Same old Chelsea always cheating. Long contracts are their way to get around FFP and this was a desperation signing as from next TW max contract is goi g to be restricted to 5 years.

They're not cheating though, it's clearly within the rules at the moment. The problem is ffp isn't fit for purpose.

FFP isnt ffp?

Not sure I understand the question.

FFP (Financial Fair Play) is not FFP ( Fit For Purpose)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3725 on: February 01, 2023, 01:17:24 AM »
Want cheering up? visit the Everton website. Selling the best player on their books smells of financial difficulties.

Any corking quotes from the Blue Kipper forum? I'd look myself, but I already spend enough time on here.

Offline OCD

• http://www.rightconsultant.com
  • GM : May, 2012
« Reply #3726 on: February 01, 2023, 05:33:03 AM »

They had to sell Richarlson to Spurs to dodge one FFP bullet now the owner is looking to sell up. 'Pot' and 'Piss in' come to mind.

Offline Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #3727 on: February 01, 2023, 08:06:22 AM »
According to Gregg Evans there are ‘big plans ahead’.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3728 on: February 01, 2023, 09:03:13 AM »
Given Man Utd signed Wieghorst on loan from. Burnley you can see that the market for strikers was a bit fucked.

Not sure who people wanted us to go for? Danjuma? Emery didn't want him. Mudryk? No way he'd have come unless we started offering Saudi Arabian wages. Vardy? Old. Kane? Would he have come? Theikesnof Bournemouth and Southampton have signed players for circa £20-25m players we've never heard of because they probably aren't that good.

Whether you've heard of them or not really isn't a very reliable barometer of whether they'd be any good.

True. But I'm guessing our manager and recruitment team figured they aren't good enough, don't you?

Offline Goldenballs

« Reply #3729 on: February 01, 2023, 09:06:34 AM »
According to Gregg Evans there are ‘big plans ahead’.

He's a knob though, isn't he? Does he actually know anything or is it all clickbait nonsense?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3730 on: February 01, 2023, 09:08:57 AM »
I struggle with people with the three g’s version of Greg.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #3731 on: February 01, 2023, 09:13:24 AM »

True. But I'm guessing our manager and recruitment team figured they aren't good enough, don't you?

If they looked at every player in world football and decided that the only striker who could possibly have improved our squad was Duran, then it's probably the quality of our recruitment team that is the issue rather than the quality of strikers available.

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3732 on: February 01, 2023, 09:21:52 AM »

If they looked at every player in world football and decided that the only striker who could possibly have improved our squad was Duran, then it's probably the quality of our recruitment team that is the issue rather than the quality of strikers available.

I'm talking about the players that Southampton and Bournemouth and the like have signed. And yes there will be players better than Dhuran now but he has the potential. If we're aiming high, then we need better players and they are harder to acquire given we can't offer Chumps League.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #3733 on: February 01, 2023, 09:40:00 AM »
Ignoring Chelsea, and maybe Arsenal, are there any other PL clubs that made signings this month that would have immediately improved our team? Even Man United brought two guys in on loan, one of which flopped badly at Burnley. Man City let Cancelo go without even bringing in a replacement. Spurs got in that right back they have been tracking for two seasons. Liverpool midfield is in a mess but no only another forward.

McKennie I think will be a good signing for Leeds but that aside I can't see many obvious ones.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #3734 on: February 01, 2023, 09:44:03 AM »
Ignoring Chelsea, and maybe Arsenal, are there any other PL clubs that made signings this month that would have immediately improved our team? Even Man United brought two guys in on loan, one of which flopped badly at Burnley. Man City let Cancelo go without even bringing in a replacement. Spurs got in that right back they have been tracking for two seasons. Liverpool midfield is in a mess but no only another forward.

McKennie I think will be a good signing for Leeds but that aside I can't see many obvious ones.

The only money spent really has been by those desperate, the relegation threatened teams and Chelsea, and Arsenal trying to cover bases for a title run in.

I think it says a lot about how inflated the market prices are for players linked to Premier League teams

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal