collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 396644 times)

Online The Edge

• GM : PCM
Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #3705 on: January 31, 2023, 10:53:48 PM »
Nearly all of our players were under performing before Unai arrived. In a short period of time, most have improved as results will testify. They will improve even more with the better coaching available.

Get 25% more out of Coutinho, 20% more out of Buendia, 20% more out of Cash, 15% more out of Konsa/Ramsey and so on.

That is better than signing two new players. Give Unai the rest of the season to see who can match his expectation and then, where need be, splash the cash on players that will improve the starting eleven and not just squad fillers.

One more proven striker would have been good but Unai (and me) believe our existing squad has enough 'goal' threat.

Watkins might get injured blah, blah fucking blah. We could buy Harry Kane and Haaland tonight and they both might get injured tomorrow. Who knows.

Bottom line, our current squad is capable of scoring goals.

One more proven striker would have been good. Rather than one less, you mean?

We dodged a bullet with Ings. We should be thanking our lucky stars and not moaning.

In addition to Watkins, Bailey, Traore, Duran, we have  players like Ramsey, McGinn, Buendia, Coutinho, Luiz, Cash, Moreno and others who are all capable of scoring goals if given licence to attack.  Mings and Konsa goals from set pieces have dried up. For now, we have plenty to work on and work with.
A level headed appraisal of where we are right now. I needed to read that. A helluva lot of money has been spunked by desperate clubs on bang average players. Let's not forget that the club is building a brand new academy and spending 100 million on the stadium plus a brand new train station. Rome wasn't built in a day.

Online Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #3706 on: January 31, 2023, 10:54:20 PM »
At what point does silly money become the norm? The sort of money players go for is unjustifiable. Then again so is £1 million for a one-room flat in central London but that's the going rate now. We're not going to buy anyone if we wait around for our number one target to become available at what we think is the right price; not now, not in the summer, not this time next year when we're saying again that there's nobody available and no point in paying silly money.
You have to hope that its the kamara type situation - and they genuinely believe that they have it covered

Maybe they have, but the odds have to be against it. Kamaras don't come round very often. I just think we've wasted a great opportunity.
No - I agree.  At the moment it seems very "villa" and I'm just hoping that some of the people who work for us know what there doing!

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3707 on: January 31, 2023, 11:03:21 PM »
Enzo Fernández will sign with Chelsea until June 2031 - fuck me - that's a long contract. Doesn't feel right when the finance for signings has to come from a bloody building society
Same old Chelsea always cheating. Long contracts are their way to get around FFP and this was a desperation signing as from next TW max contract is goi g to be restricted to 5 years.

Offline Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #3708 on: January 31, 2023, 11:17:12 PM »
Spare a thought for the Evertonians. The transfer thread on GOT is 1600+ pages long, they've sold their best young prospect for 45m and bought zero players despite being 19th. :)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3709 on: January 31, 2023, 11:18:04 PM »
as from next TW max contract is goi g to be restricted to 5 years.

Some great bargains to be had in TW max, are they our new shirt sponsor?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #3710 on: January 31, 2023, 11:18:48 PM »
Spare a thought for the Evertonians. The transfer thread on GOT is 1600+ pages long, they've sold their best young prospect for 45m and bought zero players despite being 19th. :)

At least they got £45m, we sold our top scorer for £12m! ;)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3711 on: January 31, 2023, 11:19:30 PM »
At what point does silly money become the norm? The sort of money players go for is unjustifiable. Then again so is £1 million for a one-room flat in central London but that's the going rate now. We're not going to buy anyone if we wait around for our number one target to become available at what we think is the right price; not now, not in the summer, not this time next year when we're saying again that there's nobody available and no point in paying silly money.
You have to hope that its the kamara type situation - and they genuinely believe that they have it covered

Maybe they have, but the odds have to be against it. Kamaras don't come round very often. I just think we've wasted a great opportunity.
No - I agree.  At the moment it seems very "villa" and I'm just hoping that some of the people who work for us know what there doing!

From what I see of them they appear more interested in sponsorships than football. Ah well, back to talking shite about the match.

Online Alex77

• GM : 19.11.2023
« Reply #3712 on: January 31, 2023, 11:22:17 PM »
Enzo Fernández will sign with Chelsea until June 2031 - fuck me - that's a long contract. Doesn't feel right when the finance for signings has to come from a bloody building society
Same old Chelsea always cheating. Long contracts are their way to get around FFP and this was a desperation signing as from next TW max contract is goi g to be restricted to 5 years.

They're not cheating though, it's clearly within the rules at the moment. The problem is ffp isn't fit for purpose.

Online TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #3713 on: January 31, 2023, 11:22:56 PM »
Nearly all of our players were under performing before Unai arrived. In a short period of time, most have improved as results will testify. They will improve even more with the better coaching available.

Get 25% more out of Coutinho, 20% more out of Buendia, 20% more out of Cash, 15% more out of Konsa/Ramsey and so on.

That is better than signing two new players. Give Unai the rest of the season to see who can match his expectation and then, where need be, splash the cash on players that will improve the starting eleven and not just squad fillers.

One more proven striker would have been good but Unai (and me) believe our existing squad has enough 'goal' threat.

Watkins might get injured blah, blah fucking blah. We could buy Harry Kane and Haaland tonight and they both might get injured tomorrow. Who knows.

Bottom line, our current squad is capable of scoring goals.

One more proven striker would have been good. Rather than one less, you mean?

We dodged a bullet with Ings. We should be thanking our lucky stars and not moaning.

In addition to Watkins, Bailey, Traore, Duran, we have  players like Ramsey, McGinn, Buendia, Coutinho, Luiz, Cash, Moreno and others who are all capable of scoring goals if given licence to attack.  Mings and Konsa goals from set pieces have dried up. For now, we have plenty to work on and work with.
A level headed appraisal of where we are right now. I needed to read that. A helluva lot of money has been spunked by desperate clubs on bang average players. Let's not forget that the club is building a brand new academy and spending 100 million on the stadium plus a brand new train station. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I’ll go with that.

I hope the money Chelsea have spent this year sinks their fat owner.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #3714 on: January 31, 2023, 11:27:06 PM »

1600 pages?! Respect! And they're ahead of us in the Deloitte Top 20. Not fair.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3715 on: January 31, 2023, 11:29:17 PM »

They're not cheating though, it's clearly within the rules at the moment. The problem is ffp isn't fit for purpose.

FFP isnt ffp?

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #3716 on: January 31, 2023, 11:33:13 PM »
Think we can close this one for now, seems like we are saving on paper at Villa Park these days so no deal sheets being faxed around until the early hours.

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #3717 on: January 31, 2023, 11:33:52 PM »
Given Man Utd signed Wieghorst on loan from. Burnley you can see that the market for strikers was a bit fucked.

Not sure who people wanted us to go for? Danjuma? Emery didn't want him. Mudryk? No way he'd have come unless we started offering Saudi Arabian wages. Vardy? Old. Kane? Would he have come? Theikesnof Bournemouth and Southampton have signed players for circa £20-25m players we've never heard of because they probably aren't that good.

Online VILLA MOLE

• a v f c
« Reply #3718 on: January 31, 2023, 11:37:43 PM »

But all these long contracts have to be accounted for over the next 8 years or so .  It kicks the can down the road somewhat

Online Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #3719 on: January 31, 2023, 11:39:01 PM »

But all these long contracts have to be accounted for over the next 8 years or so .  It kicks the can down the road somewhat
Yeah - surely at some point this catches up with them?  Cant help when they don't qualify for the UCL

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal