collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread  (Read 399066 times)

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: January 2023 Transfer Rumours, Discussions and Done Deals Thread
« Reply #3690 on: January 31, 2023, 10:20:34 PM »
I for one am looking forward to seeing Olsen pinging balls into the box for steer to knock home

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #3691 on: January 31, 2023, 10:23:29 PM »
I for one am looking forward to seeing Olsen pinging balls into the box for steer to knock home

Ha ha, that made me chuckle.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #3692 on: January 31, 2023, 10:24:30 PM »
Rather see Olsen there than in goal.

Offline SoccerHQ

• GM : 19.06.2021
« Reply #3693 on: January 31, 2023, 10:27:39 PM »
Doesn't Meatball score for Scotland in practically every game he plays? Maybe he could use his arse to good effect as a false nine?!

He plays as number 10 for them much like he did in the promotion run in.

Issue with that is it would disrupt Buendia just when he's getting a run of starts under manager who rates him so wouldn't touch it.

Think McGinn becomes an impact sub now and will also start the tougher away games.

Of course I completely forgot Coutinho from the attacking options but pressing is a bit of a struggle for him now so it's hard to see what games he can really impact unless teams just completely stand off him as Southampton did last year.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #3694 on: January 31, 2023, 10:33:25 PM »
All if buts and maybes at the moment.
Kiss of death but Watkins has a good injury record so unless a suitable alternative, or preferably upgrade was available he’d be first choice.
 Collectively they’ve made a decision to stick and time will tell if they’re correct but it’ll be a joint decision and for me talk of Unai not being backed is complete guff.

Offline Beard82

« Reply #3695 on: January 31, 2023, 10:35:53 PM »
All if buts and maybes at the moment.
Kiss of death but Watkins has a good injury record so unless a suitable alternative, or preferably upgrade was available he’d be first choice.
 Collectively they’ve made a decision to stick and time will tell if they’re correct but it’ll be a joint decision and for me talk of Unai not being backed is complete guff.
I think this is where I am - collectively they have decided that this is the best way forward.  Time will tell if the gamble pays off - Unai will have been in on this decision

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #3696 on: January 31, 2023, 10:36:39 PM »
Seems like most teams in Europe are falling over themselves to sell players to PL teams for big money, but we cant identify any that can improve our squad?
And we are not falling for it and signing any Juergen Kickolotti or Pedro Utubinho for silly money.

Offline PaulMcGrathsNo5Shirt

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #3697 on: January 31, 2023, 10:41:14 PM »
Attacking options since the start of January:

Ings - Our top scorer sold for £15m that I thought would be re-invested in another forward option. Shouldn't have gone without someone coming in first.
Watkins - Inconsistent, hasn't had the same form since getting in the England squad.
Duran - Remains to be seen what he can do, but with him not being match ready he's not really much use to us yet and has the added pressure/expectation on his shoulders.
Buendia - Inconsistent, can be great, can be bang average.
Coutinho - Just not the player he was.
Traore - If has was any good he wouldn't have gone in the first place, always injured and I'm not convinced he has the heart for a battle or a fight. Probably the only player as one footed as Bailey.
Bailey - Has flashes of good play but overall isn't consistent enough and makes too many huge misses.
Archer - Not sure why he's gone out on loan when Ings has gone and no replacement come in. Like Ings, shouldn't have gone until someone came in.
Barry - Clearly going to Salford he's miles away

An injury to Watkins and we're in trouble.

Online Legion

« Reply #3698 on: January 31, 2023, 10:42:34 PM »
Spot on.

Online Legion

« Reply #3699 on: January 31, 2023, 10:44:55 PM »
An injury to Martinez and we're in even more trouble.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3700 on: January 31, 2023, 10:45:01 PM »
At what point does silly money become the norm? The sort of money players go for is unjustifiable. Then again so is £1 million for a one-room flat in central London but that's the going rate now. We're not going to buy anyone if we wait around for our number one target to become available at what we think is the right price; not now, not in the summer, not this time next year when we're saying again that there's nobody available and no point in paying silly money.   

Offline Beard82

« Reply #3701 on: January 31, 2023, 10:45:17 PM »
Enzo Fernández will sign with Chelsea until June 2031 - fuck me - that's a long contract. Doesn't feel right when the finance for signings has to come from a bloody building society

Offline Beard82

« Reply #3702 on: January 31, 2023, 10:47:14 PM »
At what point does silly money become the norm? The sort of money players go for is unjustifiable. Then again so is £1 million for a one-room flat in central London but that's the going rate now. We're not going to buy anyone if we wait around for our number one target to become available at what we think is the right price; not now, not in the summer, not this time next year when we're saying again that there's nobody available and no point in paying silly money.
You have to hope that its the kamara type situation - and they genuinely believe that they have it covered

Offline villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #3703 on: January 31, 2023, 10:50:33 PM »
Enzo Fernández will sign with Chelsea until June 2031 - fuck me - that's a long contract. Doesn't feel right when the finance for signings has to come from a bloody building society

It’s common place in the US though.. 13 year contracts for big name baseball players is the norm so it doesn’t have the same shock value for Boehly. Who’s doing $300+ millions dollar salaries for players.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #3704 on: January 31, 2023, 10:50:52 PM »
You have to hope that its the kamara type situation - and they genuinely believe that they have it covered

Maybe they have, but the odds have to be against it. Kamaras don't come round very often. I just think we've wasted a great opportunity.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal