collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 07:17:32 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 07:02:54 PM]

Re: FFP by LeeB
[Today at 06:59:38 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Toronto Villa
[Today at 06:56:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:51:04 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:50:22 PM]

Re: FFP by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 06:48:48 PM]

Re: FFP by Somniloquism
[Today at 06:44:10 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Unai Emery - our manager  (Read 660126 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
Re: Unai Emery - our manager
« Reply #4185 on: March 31, 2023, 11:52:01 PM »
What about aftercessional players?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #4186 on: March 31, 2023, 11:54:10 PM »
What about aftercessional players?

I beat you to it with the edit.

Online Brazilian Villain

• GM : 09.03.2025
« Reply #4187 on: April 01, 2023, 12:05:13 AM »
In the presser for the Chelsea match, my trained eye observed Emery putting his clenched fist into his hand several occasions. This denotes anger, annoyance and negative in how he feeling what Unai was talking about. He then takes his hands away and puts them under the table immediately the questions and his talking about player availability is over.

Just as Emery was stating "I don't know any more problems from the last players arrived from the international teams"  he clenched his fist into his palm of hand.
Once more, Unai expressed himself with the gesture when he wished that we could prepare and be ready for training tomorrow.

As soon as the questions and discussion concerning player availability are finished, Unai Emery removes his hands and places them under the table.

In light of these observations, it is clear that his gesture conveys anger, negativity and exasperation. This appears to be connected to the players' availability, specifically gestures were around Kamara, as well as those who have returned from international duty who may be injured or underprepared.

Very interesting and very telling.

:o :o :o :o

What are you trained in?

I'd imagine Footy is very well-trained in observing anger and exasperation at close quarters. 

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #4188 on: April 01, 2023, 12:53:35 AM »
In the presser for the Chelsea match, my trained eye observed Emery putting his clenched fist into his hand several occasions. This denotes anger, annoyance and negative in how he feeling what Unai was talking about. He then takes his hands away and puts them under the table immediately the questions and his talking about player availability is over.

Just as Emery was stating "I don't know any more problems from the last players arrived from the international teams"  he clenched his fist into his palm of hand.
Once more, Unai expressed himself with the gesture when he wished that we could prepare and be ready for training tomorrow.

As soon as the questions and discussion concerning player availability are finished, Unai Emery removes his hands and places them under the table.

In light of these observations, it is clear that his gesture conveys anger, negativity and exasperation. This appears to be connected to the players' availability, specifically gestures were around Kamara, as well as those who have returned from international duty who may be injured or underprepared.

What are you trained in?
Clenched fist ;)

Way of the Exploding Fist.

Or Way of the Exploding Babelfish.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #4189 on: April 01, 2023, 02:00:10 AM »
He is the first manager in a long time that feels like we need him more than he needs us. I much prefer that dynamic, it beats us being 'too big' for someone who can't believe their luck. This man is the bollocks... you can feel it.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #4190 on: April 01, 2023, 12:30:40 PM »
I'd imagine Footy is very well-trained in observing anger and exasperation at close quarters. 

Very good.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #4191 on: April 01, 2023, 04:07:12 PM »

What are you trained in?
Clenched fist ;)

Way of the Exploding Fist.

Or Way of the Exploding Babelfish.

Fist of the North Stand

Offline Smirker

• GM : Sep, 2014
« Reply #4192 on: April 01, 2023, 07:25:03 PM »
I love him.

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #4193 on: April 01, 2023, 07:25:10 PM »
Starting to think he's a pretty good manager.

Offline Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #4194 on: April 01, 2023, 07:25:53 PM »
Doubted him again with HT sub.

I love him making me look like a twat.

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #4195 on: April 01, 2023, 07:26:21 PM »
15 games, 29 points.

Offline nigel

« Reply #4196 on: April 01, 2023, 07:26:40 PM »
Starting to think he's a pretty good manager.

Not bad, is he?

Offline PeterWithesShin

« Reply #4197 on: April 01, 2023, 07:28:04 PM »
Since the Arsenal game we've conceded 1 in 5 games, and that was a penalty.

Offline Villan82

« Reply #4198 on: April 01, 2023, 07:32:21 PM »
For one week can we ban complaints about us playing out from the back, picking two sub 'keepers etc?

Look at that table! He has turned us into contenders for the top six (if not the actual top 5).

Offline Ger Regan

• GM : 25.11.2023
« Reply #4199 on: April 01, 2023, 07:32:34 PM »
The real deal. If this continues he'll be the best in my time following the club

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal