collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds 0 Gerrard Out XI 0 Post Match Thread  (Read 17743 times)

Online dorsetvillian

• GM : PCM
Re: Leeds 0 Gerrard Out XI 0 Post Match Thread
« Reply #180 on: October 03, 2022, 12:02:18 PM »
One of our group didn't get in as ticket didn't work. He sat across the road at the chip shop. Another got punched on leaving the ground. Has reported it but doubt it will go any further. So disappointed we didn't get 3 points. We are treading water under Gerrard and I can't see the great leap forward under him. Get Poch him and give him the time and funds needed.

Online Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #181 on: October 03, 2022, 12:13:51 PM »
I just still don't see how this is going to get us to where we want to go long-term, and there's a chance it might drag us all the way down to where we absolutely cannot go.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #182 on: October 03, 2022, 12:16:28 PM »
Ashley Young has been a big positive these last few games, as has the apparent return to form of Martinez Konsa and Mings (although hardly troubled yesterday).

Beyond that it is difficult to find any positives, and what's even more worrying is I don't care anywhere as near as much as I used to. I'm sure that's only a temporary mindset, but worrying nonetheless.

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #183 on: October 03, 2022, 12:30:55 PM »
Ashley Young has been a big positive these last few games, as has the apparent return to form of Martinez Konsa and Mings (although hardly troubled yesterday).

Beyond that it is difficult to find any positives, and what's even more worrying is I don't care anywhere as near as much as I used to. I'm sure that's only a temporary mindset, but worrying nonetheless.

Luiz is a big positive for me too. Hasn't sulked since the move to Arsenal fell through and was the dominant midfielder on view. A lot more spiky and physical in the challenge which was long overdue. Didn't miss Kamara in the slightest.

Bednarek worries me I have to say. The one time he was ran at they nearly got in for a goal. Milk would turn faster than him.

It's the other end of pitch that the problems. All good players in their own right but the mix seems wrong. Buendia and Coutinho occupying same space again. Ramsey not breaking into the box enough for me either.

Offline ClarrieBlue

« Reply #184 on: October 03, 2022, 01:37:39 PM »
I feel the same. I've been going down since 1965 and the Smith / Grealish years were a big reconnect with me after the dog end of the Lerner years and Xia etc. I know the club was trying to push on but we seem to have become very corporate and SGs interviews seem somewhat detached from what we see on the pitch. Like you, a push towards Europe would probably fire me up again but we are almost a year down the line with SG and the lack of continuous improvement goes on having spent a shedload of dough on "older" players. The young un's ain't getting a look in hardly.

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #185 on: October 03, 2022, 01:40:29 PM »
Mings has been way better lately. I don’t think Martinez ever really dropped out of form, Konsa for me is not showing improvement and I would play Chambers instead. Luiz has been good lately despite the transfer issue and he should certainly play whilst Kamara is injured.

And at the other end we’ve got to be close to dropping Watkins and Bailey and Bringing in Buendia and Ings with Archer getting on at some point every game
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 01:42:26 PM by Clark W Griswold »

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #186 on: October 03, 2022, 01:45:55 PM »
Just no to Ings. We'll just spend even longer in games on the back foot

Offline LukeJames

« Reply #187 on: October 03, 2022, 01:50:43 PM »
One of our group didn't get in as ticket didn't work. He sat across the road at the chip shop.
That lucky bastard!

Offline brontebilly

• GM : 09.06.2024
« Reply #188 on: October 03, 2022, 01:54:27 PM »
Just no to Ings. We'll just spend even longer in games on the back foot

Yeah he's finished at this level. Definitely would prefer Archer coming on than Ings these days. I like Ings but we really should have found a way in the summer to cut our losses with him.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #189 on: October 03, 2022, 02:03:19 PM »
One of our group didn't get in as ticket didn't work. He sat across the road at the chip shop.
That lucky bastard!

Lucky fat bastard!

*Based on him gorging on chips all afternoon.

Offline Mortimer's Bear

• GM : 30.05.2019
« Reply #190 on: October 03, 2022, 03:02:05 PM »
Mings has been way better lately. I don’t think Martinez ever really dropped out of form, Konsa for me is not showing improvement and I would play Chambers instead. Luiz has been good lately despite the transfer issue and he should certainly play whilst Kamara is injured.

And at the other end we’ve got to be close to dropping Watkins and Bailey and Bringing in Buendia and Ings with Archer getting on at some point every game

Regarding Martinez I definitely think he had a wobble, seemed to go through a phase where he was getting beaten by low shots a little too often for my liking. He seems to get low down a lot quicker when making saves now.

Online Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #191 on: October 03, 2022, 03:09:14 PM »
That lucky bastard!

Lucky fat bastard!

*Based on him gorging on chips all afternoon.
I could see Subway from where I was standing yesterday and I must admit that even their menu became a thing of real interest during most of the game.

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #192 on: October 03, 2022, 03:16:13 PM »
With Smith I imagine he would have taken responsibility for his failings, but with Gerrard it seems the opposite

Offline The Edge

« Reply #193 on: October 03, 2022, 03:32:13 PM »
Congratulations to Svante Paabo on his award for research into Leeds supporters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-63116304
Looool. Very funny.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #194 on: October 03, 2022, 03:37:46 PM »
Apologies if this has already been covered but why didn't we get a pen for the blatant pull on Tyrone's shirt?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal