collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds 0 Gerrard Out XI 0 Post Match Thread  (Read 17944 times)

Online Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
Re: Leeds 0 Gerrard Out XI 0 Post Match Thread
« Reply #225 on: October 04, 2022, 11:25:42 AM »
Tbh the Leeds fans that massively outnumbered us Villa fans at the punk and new wave festival in Skeggy at the weekend were a friendly enough bunch. Don't know if that would have stayed the same had we scored.

Not quite sure why they were in such greater number. The two clubs have about the same size fanbase, Leeds is barely nearer to Skeg than is Brum. Perhaps they have a greater reach over thar way than we do. Or maybe punk was a bigger thing in Leeds than Brum...?

I reckon it's just that Skegness isn't particularly associated with Brummie holiday makers. If it was at Weston, North Wales or even Devon/Cornwall there might have been more Villa, perhaps. Skegness is about as close a seaside resort as there is to Leeds.
Scarborough much closer to Leeds and always full of loudmouth Yorkshire people. Skeggy mainly Forest/Derby/Leicester. Sorry to be so pedantic.

As a kid at school in Louth, Lincolnshire, in the summer it would be "It's Derbyshire/Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire miners holiday week...Skegness will be full of girls gagging for it" and us 14 year old boys would obviously do nothing about it. I mean...how do we get to Skeggy as we're too young to drive?

Offline Axl Rose

• GM : 02.04.2022
« Reply #226 on: October 04, 2022, 11:42:46 AM »
Leeds United 0-0 Aston Villa: Jesse Marsch 'felt sorry for fans' at Villa's tactics - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63111814

I didn't think Leeds could appoint a bigger twat than Bielsa but oh boy how they have managed it. What an utter titflap honestly. Making a report to the authorities, what about you absolutely dumb ******? The away team trying to draw the sting of the home team? That's what away teams do you great stupid arsecloth.

I really hope I can get to the home game against them so I can get a seat near Jesse Marsch and hurl abuse and vegetables. The twat
Fantastic rant mate 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Indeed😂 I propose that titflap should be entered into the Oxford English Dictionary.
Agreed.
Magnificent rant which I enjoyed reading.

Magnificent. That's what I want to read.

Titflap! Ha!

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #227 on: October 04, 2022, 03:23:20 PM »
I must admit that most Yorkshire folk i come in contact with remind me very much of the Harry Enfield character George 'Integrity' Whitebread. 'I say what i like and i like what a bloody well say'.

Offline dcdavecollett

« Reply #228 on: October 13, 2022, 11:52:45 PM »
"YOU'll never play for YORKshire!!"

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal