collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds 0 Gerrard Out XI 0 Post Match Thread  (Read 17904 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Leeds 0 Gerrard Out XI 0 Post Match Thread
« Reply #75 on: October 02, 2022, 07:18:08 PM »
I knew as soon as they went down to 10 we wouldn’t win. We very rarely break down 10 men. Up until that point we were alright, but we badly lack a cutting edge.

Offline Villa in Denmark

• On a road to nowhere
  • GM : 07.09.2024
« Reply #76 on: October 02, 2022, 07:18:54 PM »
An absolute gimme of a three points once Luiz won us the red card (imagine if that had happened to us, we'd be rightly fcuekd-off with the decision). We were already on top, Leeds showed us too much respect once down to 10 but we just didn't have the quality to make it count.

Did Konsa really used to be a right back? His awful touch and technique in possession was painfully highlighted every time he got the ball in the second half. He cannot be our fill-in fullback regardless of injuries.

I also thought that the obvious last change was surely Ings AND Archer. Ings is only gonna provide the final touch but Archer would have scared them with his all-round play.

Ultimately another black mark against Gerrard as the full points were there for the taking.

By the letter of the law it's a yellow which is what he got. I think the ref forgot that he'd already booked him until Mings and Young pointed it out, by which point the dye was cast.

If their player (Sinesterra?) is so much of a knob to deliberately impede a free kick knowing the potential penalty when already on a yellow then tough shit. I'd be fuming with the player not the ref if it was the other way around.

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #77 on: October 02, 2022, 07:19:34 PM »
Is this all down the manager ?
There are players out there that have to do their job
I have come to a belated conviction that Watkins is not the answer, nor Ings although 10 mins is harsh to expect a return
Midfield that creates fuck all
Spoilt I guess watching De Bruyne et al earlier

t's very hard to judge in my opinion. Yes we missed some chances (personally I thought the Konsa one was the worst of the lot) but a big part of why we don't do better with our chances is that too foten we give teams time to get back into decent positions which makes the chances far harder. For me that's where better management and coaching has an impact, our attacking play is slow because the player on the ball is waiting to know who is going to run, etc. A better coached team knows those runs before they happen and that gives them half a second more to take advantage. It's all about the fine margins to know who is a good or bad manager but I think the stupid money in the premier league has blinded a lot of people to that so the answer is always to buy another player to solve the problem for you instead of actually putting the work in.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #78 on: October 02, 2022, 07:22:13 PM »
We are pathetic

Offline paul_e

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #79 on: October 02, 2022, 07:22:37 PM »
An absolute gimme of a three points once Luiz won us the red card (imagine if that had happened to us, we'd be rightly fcuekd-off with the decision). We were already on top, Leeds showed us too much respect once down to 10 but we just didn't have the quality to make it count.

Did Konsa really used to be a right back? His awful touch and technique in possession was painfully highlighted every time he got the ball in the second half. He cannot be our fill-in fullback regardless of injuries.

I also thought that the obvious last change was surely Ings AND Archer. Ings is only gonna provide the final touch but Archer would have scared them with his all-round play.

Ultimately another black mark against Gerrard as the full points were there for the taking.

By the letter of the law it's a yellow which is what he got. I think the ref forgot that he'd already booked him until Mings and Young pointed it out, by which point the dye was cast.

If their player (Sinesterra?) is so much of a knob to deliberately impede a free kick knowing the potential penalty when already on a yellow then tough shit. I'd be fuming with the player not the ref if it was the other way around.

Yep, they can't have any complaints, it was a really fucking stupid thing to do and left the ref without much choice.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #80 on: October 02, 2022, 07:22:48 PM »
What is the Leeds Mings song mentioned in the match thread? How offensive is it?

Offline PaulTheVillan

« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2022, 07:23:48 PM »
What is the Leeds Mings song mentioned in the match thread? How offensive is it?

Didn’t hear one today but last year it was “Tyrone Mings… fucking shit”

Online ChicagoLion

• Literally
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2022, 07:27:45 PM »

They sang it plenty of times today

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2022, 07:42:55 PM »

Yep that was it. The response was either He's here he's there etc or Patrick Bamford, he's fucking shit...

Offline andyh

• GM : May, 2012
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2022, 07:45:36 PM »
Will we be able to bore our way to 40 points and safety?

Offline Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2022, 07:46:29 PM »
Watkins isn't clever enough that's the long and short of it.

Archer needs a chance and the. Manager is a fucking idiot for not giving him one, especially with him then loaning about our attackers after the match.

We're devoid of ideas as a team. Buendia has ideas and tricks, Coutinho looked good at times but because he had Watkins to link with he just isn't as effective.

And then we go with Watkins and Ings again. What is the fucking point of that.

Offline Richard E

• This also will pass.
  • GM : 28.02.2019
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2022, 07:56:29 PM »

Yes

Offline steamer

« Reply #87 on: October 02, 2022, 08:00:25 PM »

Yes
In which case another year of my life ticked off with zero expectation
Thinking today about at which stage do I stop planning my life about watching the Villa

Online Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #88 on: October 02, 2022, 08:04:23 PM »
We really are in need of a centre forward who can run into space and finish when given a chance, so why we do not try Archer while Watkins is so out of form I don’t know. He’s worth a chance. He might even save Gerrard getting the sack.

Offline PaulTheVillan

« Reply #89 on: October 02, 2022, 08:05:01 PM »

Sound wasn’t on that loud in the pub

They only don’t like him because they’re racist?
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 02:13:51 AM by PaulTheVillan »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal