collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds 0 Gerrard Out XI 0 Post Match Thread  (Read 17959 times)

Offline Beard82

• GM : 06.12.2024
Re: Leeds 0 Gerrard Out XI 0 Post Match Thread
« Reply #60 on: October 02, 2022, 06:59:30 PM »
Not really sure what to say - defended well when we needed to with a make shift back 4.  Thought McGinn was better, but were an awful watch and no idea what were trying to do going forward.

We look very much lower middle half and certainly while our performances continue like this we need to be way more worried about relegation then top half

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2022, 07:00:03 PM »
Not sure how we didn't win that. Watkins has had a number of chances and at some point you have to rely on your players to do their primary task.

Defensively solid all game, too quick to give it away. Felt we broke them down on enough occasions after the sending off to win. Think the thread title isn't apt today. We need a centre forward who you can rely on to have 1 or 2 chances and take st least 1. Watkins has had several and not done enough.

Online villadelph

• @villadelph
« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2022, 07:00:15 PM »
Did Jesse Marsch just say Villa slowed the game down to a snail pace and that’s why we didn’t win! Or could it have been your fucking dirty bastards hacked everyone on the pitch.
Knob

He’s not wrong, though. We’ve got two players in the 99th percentile as far as speed goes in this league.. and then we’ve got Coutinho and Luiz who play with the handbrake on the entire match.

I’m absolutely done with Watkins. He should be more motivated than ever to make the World Cup squad, especially after Toney jumped him in the pecking order. He’s a marathon runner and nothing else.

It’s time for NSWE to circumvent Purslow and make the decision themselves. After we wasted last year, and now this year.. we need to start seeing some progression. I don’t care who’s injured or in a bad patch, we have no identity, style or philosophy and things have not improved in any category.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2022, 07:00:53 PM »
Good performance, 19 attempts
Got in all the right areas but we don't have a striker . Watkins works hard but can't score

Thought Coutinho was better today.

'Good performance'? I'm sure you don't really mean that.

Really? For once I thought Fred was right and positive!

Got in all the right areas but we don't have a striker . Watkins works hard but can't score

Thought Coutinho was better today.

'Good performance'? I'm sure you don't really mean that.

Really? For once I thought Fred was right and positive!

No, I mean, you thought that was good? Wow!

Online Jon Crofts

• GM : PCM
« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2022, 07:01:39 PM »
I went for a walk on the beach after 20 minutes, stopped off at the pub and soaked up the sun over the estuary, mentally I feel much better for it than watching that shite.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2022, 07:05:46 PM »
I went for a walk on the beach after 20 minutes, stopped off at the pub and soaked up the sun over the estuary, mentally I feel much better for it than watching that shite.

I kept a watching brief from a boat outside Positano. I could feel the shite through the ceefax-type updates.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2022, 07:06:05 PM »
I wasted a pair of contact lenses to watch that in my local.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2022, 07:06:47 PM »

Thought Coutinho was better today

Could be one on the bench.at least give him twenty minutes to see.

Offline steamer

« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2022, 07:07:23 PM »
Is this all down the manager ?
There are players out there that have to do their job
I have come to a belated conviction that Watkins is not the answer, nor Ings although 10 mins is harsh to expect a return
Midfield that creates fuck all
Spoilt I guess watching De Bruyne et al earlier

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2022, 07:12:22 PM »
Such a lack of urgency to our play.  Watkins should be going home with the match-ball but has no conviction in his finishing.  Clean sheet and not losing are the only positives.  I would have taken a point before the game but it is the manner in which we played that leads me to believe that Gerrard just isn't up to the job.  Was a frantic, ill-tempered game and we went toe to toe with them, but we failed to stretch them or move the ball quickly enough.  I thought it was a poor watch overall.

Offline Small Rodent

• GM : 30.11.2024
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2022, 07:13:09 PM »
Luiz total professional even with contractual problems.

Ashley Young was man of the match.

Our finishing is woeful. We had the chances to put it to bed.

An away point against thugs is the minimum.

Leeds are ****** but I liked the constant anger from their player Kristensen.

Offline Abbeyfealeavfc

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2022, 07:14:39 PM »
A missed opportunity bearing in mind they stopped playing after the sending off. The kind of result which if we'd picked up points vs Bournemouth and Palace you'd say today was one of those games. However we didn't, so therefore a point with a man advantage seems poor.
We had chances, but we lacked drive, intensity and speed of thought and movement throughout especially in midfield. The one player with drive (Ramsey) he substituted, why?
Coutinho's dead ball deliveries are poor. Bailey had a poor 1st half. Positives are the clean sheet and defence.
Bednarek did well enough when he came on though got turned easily towards the end demonstrating little pace.
Imo ref was poor throughout. What is the point of var (unless an sl6 club) if it doesn't pick up the blatant shirt pulling on Mings in the box.
Konsa motm followed by the imperious Mings. 8 from 8 not good enough!

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2022, 07:15:52 PM »
Is this all down the manager ?
There are players out there that have to do their job
I have come to a belated conviction that Watkins is not the answer, nor Ings although 10 mins is harsh to expect a return
Midfield that creates fuck all
Spoilt I guess watching De Bruyne et al earlier

The manager leaves Watkins on who never looked like scoring.
There was one when he shoot ,hit the goalie as usual when buendia was unmarked on the edge of box ,no football brain. So I'm blaming the manager for that and Buendia never starting, imagine him under Poch.

Offline CT Villan

« Reply #74 on: October 02, 2022, 07:17:45 PM »
I thought that was rubbish. Our finishing is abysmal.

Watkins once again no where near good enough. McGinn was sloppy in possession. We are just so ponderous going forward, no sense of urgency and against 10 men too. Coutinho tries hard but can't do it all on his own. Gerrard should have make positive changes as soon as their player saw red, he waited far too long.

Leeds were even dirtier than usual and that's saying something.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal