collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Leeds 0 Gerrard Out XI 0 Post Match Thread  (Read 17995 times)

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
Re: Leeds 0 Gerrard Out XI 0 Post Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2022, 06:42:55 PM »
Again forward playing just seems random. Whatever it takes to do in front of goal to score watkins dosent have any of it. Seems a good bloke and have other talent. A winger as he used to be. So its "waiting for a new manager" time then.

As it has been since the first game really,

Offline frank black

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2022, 06:43:23 PM »
Watched the first 10 mins and caught the last 20. Feel really cold to it all. Not sure if it's the standard of Villa, or Premier League football in general being awash with money as the working man edges toward financial oblivion, but think I'm pretty much done now. I'm 35, have been to Wembley for the last 7 games, have a history of season tickets and many aways, but to be frank hope I'm the first of many. Ugly game which offers little and takes a lot.

Yep, I’m out after this season, I think I’ve had enough. I ended paying loads more for a season ticket and the club want us out  (behind the dugout) once the new stand is in. Shifting 400 loyal season ticket holders out for corporate seats.

Awful game , zero quality from either team. Gerrard is out of his depth

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2022, 06:43:32 PM »
Result not great but as a performance it was much better considering all the injuries. Luiz and McGinn did really well as did Young. I know chucking on Ings is a likely sub but he hardly got a kick. Problem was Watkins really. He did a lot right in terms of his movement and hold up play. But in the critical moments in the box he didn't deliver. Thought the ref bottled giving them a number of clear yellow cards after the red.

Martinez 6, Young 8, Konsa 6, Mings 7, Augustinson 6 (Bednarek 5), Luiz 8, McGinn 8, Ramsey 7, Coutinho 6, Bailey 5 (Buendia 7), Watkins 6. 

Agreed.  Watkins does lots really well, but his lack of (top) quality with his final shot / pass means we are always going miss chances to score. 

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2022, 06:44:28 PM »
Does Watkins not practice one v ones in training? He would probably realise that keeping it low to an advancing keeper is very unlikely to get past him. Complete lack of composure. Disappointed Archer didn’t get 20 minutes to pull Leeds around at the back.

Agree with the general mood. We are going nowhere with Gerrard. Just waiting for the next bad run to finish him.

Offline Bobby Boy

• GM : 20.04.2022
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2022, 06:44:42 PM »
Didn’t think it was as bad as some are suggesting but so toothless. Young was superb.

Mate, it wasn't bad, but come on, they were down to 10 men for 40 minutes and we were very, very poor.

We are so, so unclinical. Less than a goal a game this season.

Offline DC1874

« Reply #35 on: October 02, 2022, 06:45:08 PM »
So glad I was drinking beer during that!

Offline Paul.S

« Reply #36 on: October 02, 2022, 06:46:02 PM »
What a boring side we’ve turned into. 3 points were there for the taking and yet again against a poor team we’ve not taken them. You can point to injuries but it was the same when they were fit.
Not sorting a goalscorer out in the summer could come back and bite us big time. I cannot see an improvement at all.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #37 on: October 02, 2022, 06:46:13 PM »
He needs to start with both buendia and countinho especially at home and I'd start getting Archer on for 20/25 minutes at least , why he goes back to Ings and Watkins which don't work . You know Archer would score one of those one and ones Watkins seems to miss .

Lose to Forest he has to go but we will probably scrap out a 1-1

Offline Villa Lew

• GM : 16.08.2024
« Reply #38 on: October 02, 2022, 06:46:32 PM »
When their player was sent off, thought it was probably gonna end 0-0, can't remember the last time we beat a team with 10 men. McGinn had his best game for a while, in fact it was his tackle at the end, that saved us from an embarrassing defeat.

Online Tayls_7

• GM : 13.09.2024
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2022, 06:46:36 PM »
When was the last time we beat 10 men? Ever?

Dalian beat 10 men on his own against Wimbledon.

Offline coreyfeldman

« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2022, 06:46:52 PM »
Didn’t think it was as bad as some are suggesting but so toothless. Young was superb.

Mate, it wasn't bad, but come on, they were down to 10 men for 40 minutes and we were very, very poor.

We are so, so unclinical. Less than a goal a game this season.

Just to say lads, that was bad. If you don't think it was bad then you either hate yourself or are on drugs.

Offline Tucson Villain

• GM : 21.01.2022
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2022, 06:47:21 PM »
So boring and predictable.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2022, 06:47:23 PM »
Pathetic. Insipid.

Offline Dazvillain

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2022, 06:47:43 PM »
Never mind Gerrard…..Lange/Purslow .?

Marquee signings were defensive/holding, and quality. But no better midfielder in starting 11 or goal scorer …. We have same as last season, so can’t expect to improve going forward surely ?
I think it’s laughable that a top half finish is expected without the new starters for midfield and up front to score

Offline rougegorge

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2022, 06:47:50 PM »
Result not great but as a performance it was much better considering all the injuries. Luiz and McGinn did really well as did Young. I know chucking on Ings is a likely sub but he hardly got a kick. Problem was Watkins really. He did a lot right in terms of his movement and hold up play. But in the critical moments in the box he didn't deliver. Thought the ref bottled giving them a number of clear yellow cards after the red.

Martinez 6, Young 8, Konsa 6, Mings 7, Augustinson 6 (Bednarek 5), Luiz 8, McGinn 8, Ramsey 7, Coutinho 6, Bailey 5 (Buendia 7), Watkins 6.
I agree with this. It wasn't brilliant but not terrible and the defence was makeshift. I think in the last 15 mins of the first half we were getting well on top as well.

You've hit the nail on the head with Watkins. He's getting a lot of vitriol and things people would never say to him in the face. He should have done a lot better and his failing is  those moments on the box. As my brother pointed out, he invariably shoots straight and low rather than lifting the ball over the keeper who's already going down.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal