collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bolton vs Aston Villa pre match thread - EFL Cup 2nd rd - Tuesday 23rd - 7.45pm  (Read 9278 times)

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
We'll win 3-1 as we field a pretty strong side against 3rd division Bolton's reserves. SG post match will be akin to Steve Bruce's after we beat mighty Rotherham.

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
'fun fact'. We've played Bolton twice before in the LC, they knocked us out both times. 3rd round 2011 and the 2004 semis.

Offline Villafirst

2-1 defeat. Hopefully Gerrard out soon.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
2-1 defeat. Hopefully Gerrard out soon.

Don't talk rubbish. Get through and he'll be gone before the next round anyway

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
4-0 win for us.

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Looking forward to a localish game after Bournemouth and Palace away. Should win and win comfortably.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
Got a bad feeling about this

I'll never forget that semi-final defeat at Villa Park. We really messed it up in the away leg. Lose tonight and he needs to be sacked.

Hopefully we do get the win so the new manager can lead us to a cup final after Gerrard is sacked after not winning in the next three fixtures

0-2

Offline sid1964

We will win comfortably tonight 3-0

Offline yammers

Taking my 10yr old tonight for his first ever away game and my first away game in over 10 years!  Hoping for what should a big win!

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
Surely if we want to see development of our younger players this a game that a couple should get serious time on the pitch, otherwise whats the point.

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
Surely if we want to see development of our younger players this a game that a couple should get serious time on the pitch, otherwise whats the point.

Normally I'd totally agree with that but tbh the most urgent thing now is for the actual first team to get a low-pressure game together and try starting to produce rather than trying it in the next league game.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
Dominate and do a professional job is what's needed.  Anything less and serious questions need to be asked. 

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
Totally agree. We need a strong team, play a proper 4-3-3 and just aim for a good, solid 4-0 win.

He needs to ditch this bollocks with full backs playing as wingers and midfielders as full backs nonsense.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019

Normally I'd totally agree with that but tbh the most urgent thing now is for the actual first team to get a low-pressure game together and try starting to produce rather than trying it in the next league game.

After recent events and his quote, that's how I see it as well. May be a couple of changes but not many.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
I also hope to see a double pivot. Whatever that is.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal