collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Champions League Contention by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:29:42 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 12:42:47 AM]

Villa - Arsenal 89-90 by dcdavecollett
[Today at 12:41:33 AM]

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by Ads
[April 28, 2024, 11:47:33 PM]

Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by PaulWinch again
[April 28, 2024, 11:19:47 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Axl Rose
[April 28, 2024, 11:15:52 PM]

Loanwatch 2023/24 by AV84
[April 28, 2024, 11:09:51 PM]

MOTD by PeterWithe
[April 28, 2024, 11:07:30 PM]

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Catering.....  (Read 37035 times)

Offline astonvilla82

Re: Villa Park Catering.....
« Reply #240 on: December 27, 2022, 11:30:55 AM »
Upper Holte main bar, ordered a can of Guinness and the lad had to ask someone how to open it…
Guinness in a can, sacrilege

Offline astonvilla82

« Reply #241 on: December 27, 2022, 11:37:02 AM »
That was absolutely tragic today in the lower holte end , I moved from upper as brought a family member along. The new system is worse there's now machines to pre order and then you join another queue to collect. Made it even worse than before, Holte Suite closed, no other improvements
got into the Holte suite at halftime, but they then closed the doors,it was practically empty inside and easy to get served,then one of the stewards decided to stop people moving between each bar, the rear bar was empty considering and after a bit of ear ache they let people through, son got served in minutes
« Last Edit: December 27, 2022, 11:38:36 AM by astonvilla82 »

Offline Nunkin1965

• This is only a problem.
« Reply #242 on: December 27, 2022, 12:10:07 PM »
Upper Holte main bar, ordered a can of Guinness and the lad had to ask someone how to open it…
Guinness in a can, sacrilege
Personally speaking Guinness in a can is better than no Guinness at all.

Online SaddVillan

• 1000 ft up in the hills gazing down on Manchester
« Reply #243 on: December 27, 2022, 02:26:53 PM »
After the World Cup break we returned full of Xmas spirit hoping for a great Boxing Day out.
Went in the Holte pub for a pint before the game, it was unusually quiet, I wonder why ……… No draught Guinness run out, only cans. No Amstel, run out. No Purity, run out. No Heineken run out, only bottles. We had to settle for cider.
Still we had our half time balti pie to look forward to. When we eventually got the pies they were incinerated on the outside and not even lukewarm but really cold on the inside, another catering triumph for AVFC.
We have previously written to AVFC about the appalling catering but no reply.

The Mupppets in the Holte pub deserve a medal for having no beer for a fixture that was announced back jn August. How and why they failed to have the cellars fully stocked for  what was obviously going to be a bumper crowd  beggars belief.

As for the balti pies - obviously thrown jnto a volcanically hot oven when heavily chilled, resulting in the burnt pastry/cold innards. Evidence once again of a mismanaged system that seems unable to cope with demand.

How long have they been trying (and failing) to get things right?

Offline colin69

« Reply #244 on: December 27, 2022, 03:24:01 PM »
This season my son and I just take a couple of beers into the park. (Classy or what), but there’s no way I could be doing with those order screens then waiting in another collection queue. Looked like a nightmare.

Offline Chico Hamilton III

« Reply #245 on: December 27, 2022, 03:34:56 PM »
my son and I just take a couple of beers into the park. (Classy or what)

Away at QPR a good few years ago and none of the pubs were letting away fans in so me and Pat McMahon sat on a bench in the middle of Shepherd’s Bush with a bag of cans. Like the opening scene in Bottom.

Online Rory

• GM : PCM
« Reply #246 on: December 27, 2022, 03:36:22 PM »

Away at QPR a good few years ago and none of the pubs were letting away fans in so me and Pat McMahon sat on a bench in the middle of Shepherd’s Bush with a bag of cans. Like the opening scene in Bottom.

Did one of you punch the other in the bollocks?

Offline RamboandBruno

« Reply #247 on: December 27, 2022, 04:25:52 PM »
This season my son and I just take a couple of beers into the park. (Classy or what), but there’s no way I could be doing with those order screens then waiting in another collection queue. Looked like a nightmare.

We got to the ground about an hour before k/o, just because with no public transport, i thought parking might be tricky. I think the pre-ordering system worked reasonably well before the game, other than you couldn’t order hot food from the screens by the right hand entrance in the lower holte. Half time was a different story, queing for the screens, followed by similar ques as normal for the bar to collect. The problem seems to be the normal problem, the refusal or lack of instruction to pre pour lots of pints. Especially now there is a pre-ordering system, it makes even less sense to only have a handful of pre poured pints to dish out, the staff were still individually pouring pints. Theres a huge lack of supervision and management going on with the teenagers behind the counter, who need help.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #248 on: December 27, 2022, 05:05:22 PM »
Gave up with the Witton Upper debacle long ago and just walk up with a couple of cans. The stand has obviously got infrastructure issues, but there is no excuse not to properly staff with competently trained people and pre pour drinks to get the queue moving.

Offline Des Little

• GM : 03.05.2021
« Reply #249 on: December 27, 2022, 05:07:18 PM »
Massive full-on pisstake in the UT today, as per fucking normal.

Yep, atrocious. I’m pretty sure we employ a load of people whose job it is to create a memorable match day  ‘experience’. Looking at those poor kids faces in the queues, I’d say they’ve certainly achieved it. Jokers.

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #250 on: December 27, 2022, 05:51:00 PM »

That was a cracking day out, 1-0 win thanks to Kodjia and then upmarket beers in Notting Hill.

Almost as good as the away game at Arsenal at Christmas 2009 when we couldn’t get into pubs and asked a copper for directions to an off licence. We bought 4 cans each and then the same copper came over to tell us we couldn’t drink on the street.

Offline Clampy

« Reply #251 on: December 27, 2022, 05:57:53 PM »
I can understand the pre-match grumbles. The last time I was in the Holte Suite, it was much much better in fairness. I've never quite fathomed why people can't go a whole 90 minutes (and a bit) without a beer though.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #252 on: December 27, 2022, 06:21:10 PM »
I can understand the pre-match grumbles. The last time I was in the Holte Suite, it was much much better in fairness. I've never quite fathomed why people can't go a whole 90 minutes (and a bit) without a beer though.

I tend to agree, I've never really felt a massive urge to have a beer or something to eat inside the ground.

However, the point is, there are thousands of people who do want exactly that, and are there - a captive audience - and can't get served because it's such a mess, while we have had flat commercial income for years.

It seems to be a problem that persists across club managements from year to year. Can't they just send some people from our catering team (the management, I mean) to a ground where they get it much better and copy what they do?

Having a new system which consists of TWO queues rather than just the one is fucking nuts.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #253 on: December 27, 2022, 06:34:44 PM »
We know there's problems, they know there's problems. There just isn't the ability at present to make a wide choice available so until that's sorted we should get back to the basics - chips, pies, burgers.

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #254 on: December 27, 2022, 06:38:53 PM »
The issues in the UT would be solved in an instant if they either stopped doing chips altogether, or invested in a frier capable of churning out more than four portions every ten minutes.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal