collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Villa Park Catering.....  (Read 37051 times)

Online wince

Re: Villa Park Catering.....
« Reply #225 on: December 19, 2022, 09:29:53 PM »
About as childish as his actions after collecting the Golden Glove.
I couldn’t give a toss mate.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #226 on: December 19, 2022, 10:06:38 PM »

Is there any joy in your life? What's wrong with goofing around, especially in front of those Qatari twats.

Online wince

« Reply #227 on: December 19, 2022, 10:22:50 PM »

Is there any joy in your life? What's wrong with goofing around, especially in front of those Qatari twats.
Wouldn’t bother. The villa fan equivalent of Oliver Cromwell. Flinty, I’m a bit worried about you. Either you are on the wind up or you need some help. Unsure which. I do apologise for my tongue in cheek comment but was in back of us celebrating one ours winning the WC and you couldn’t seem to find any joy. So Puritan or in need of some support? I may be being benevolent in my Christmas cheer. Wince Pies for all!

Offline Lastfootstamper

« Reply #228 on: December 26, 2022, 05:09:53 PM »
Massive full-on pisstake in the UT today, as per fucking normal.

Offline The Edge

« Reply #229 on: December 26, 2022, 07:53:24 PM »
The ran out of pies and chips. It's fucking abysmal and not getting any better. It's as if they're shocked every time we get a big crowd.

Online Gareth

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #230 on: December 26, 2022, 10:20:21 PM »
Witton Upper, I walked in an hour before kick off and there was already a massive queue & didn’t consider joining….the staffing (numbers & brain power) is always abysmal but there has to be a way to offer refreshments properly and efficiently.  The range of offerings is already massively less than other stands, at least serve them quickly

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #231 on: December 26, 2022, 10:47:48 PM »
Witton Upper, I walked in an hour before kick off and there was already a massive queue & didn’t consider joining….the staffing (numbers & brain power) is always abysmal but there has to be a way to offer refreshments properly and efficiently.  The range of offerings is already massively less than other stands, at least serve them quickly

Yeah. Hopeless.

I used to go to the Lion's Club near the North Stand back way back when.

I'm amazed that nobody has come a cropper in the main bog area.

It's like a fucking ice rink.

Offline Bent Neilsens Screamer

• GM : 25.11.2024
« Reply #232 on: December 26, 2022, 10:50:09 PM »
Lower witton was fine today, I was, unusually, in the ground well before ko but service was fine and minimal queues.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #233 on: December 26, 2022, 11:32:22 PM »
That was absolutely tragic today in the lower holte end , I moved from upper as brought a family member along. The new system is worse there's now machines to pre order and then you join another queue to collect. Made it even worse than before, Holte Suite closed, no other improvements

Online Drummond

• GM : 10.10.2024
« Reply #234 on: December 27, 2022, 12:52:16 AM »
On another note.. I didn't order anything and didn't get anything. Typical.

Online Border villan

• Carrying out missionary work on the Welsh border.
« Reply #235 on: December 27, 2022, 09:56:17 AM »
After the World Cup break we returned full of Xmas spirit hoping for a great Boxing Day out.
Went in the Holte pub for a pint before the game, it was unusually quiet, I wonder why ……… No draught Guinness run out, only cans. No Amstel, run out. No Purity, run out. No Heineken run out, only bottles. We had to settle for cider.
Still we had our half time balti pie to look forward to. When we eventually got the pies they were incinerated on the outside and not even lukewarm but really cold on the inside, another catering triumph for AVFC.
We have previously written to AVFC about the appalling catering but no reply.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #236 on: December 27, 2022, 10:33:16 AM »

Don't get me started!  I normally sit in the Lower Holte but was in the UT yesterday with family.

Two tills side by side - one apparently selling food, the other alcohol. Queued in one for 30 minutes to get food only to find at the front that they only sold chips, not pies and I had to go to the other one for pies. I then moved to the other one to get a pie only to be told that at that one they didn't sell hot drinks and I had to queue again in the first queue for hot drinks.

Behind the counter it was all the same place and they refused to walk through the open door to serve everything available.

Who makes this bizarre shit up?!

Offline Walmley_Villa

• GM : 21.08.2017
« Reply #237 on: December 27, 2022, 10:49:52 AM »
Upper Holte main bar, ordered a can of Guinness and the lad had to ask someone how to open it…

Offline exigo

« Reply #238 on: December 27, 2022, 11:11:02 AM »
Lower Holte was as bad as ever, and the new system didn't help. It'll be better when the other new walkthrough tap and go bar is open, but it was woeful last night.

The touch screens don't work very well, and whoever designed the User Interface wants a stern word. Then you get a ticket with your order on, and have to queue again to get your drinks. No pre-pour and the slowest taps in history mean that the two people at the collection point got overwhelmed within seconds of the ground opening.

With loads driving, couple of mates couldn't be arsed queueing for soft drinks, so we're still losing out on revenue left, right and centre.

Offline j66acd

« Reply #239 on: December 27, 2022, 11:28:10 AM »
I don’t know why anybody uses the catering inside the stadium other than if you get their at least 60 mins before kick off. Surely a homemade Turkey, gammon and stuffing sandwich with a few pickled onions in your pocket would have seen you through until 7:15. Having said that, if everyone had gone for that option the bogs would have to be condemned.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal