collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa 2 Chelsea 2 Post Match Heart Massage. by VillaTim
[Today at 03:14:39 AM]

Champions League Contention by Rory
[Today at 03:07:22 AM]

Diego Carlos by VillaTim
[Today at 03:06:47 AM]

Morgan Rogers - Signed by darren woolley
[Today at 02:45:39 AM]

Press-ing on a bit by darren woolley
[Today at 02:41:31 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by KevinGage
[Today at 01:57:17 AM]

Robin Olsen by colin69
[Today at 01:29:26 AM]

Summer 2024 Transfer Window - hopes, speculation, rumours etc. by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:22:07 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Crest Review  (Read 280324 times)

Offline Clampy

• GM : PCM
Re: Crest Review
« Reply #2085 on: July 24, 2023, 01:28:52 PM »
I blocked him ages ago but unfortunately, his fake whinging still gets through now and again I'm afraid.

Offline Dogtanian

• GM : 06.06.2024
« Reply #2086 on: July 24, 2023, 01:35:28 PM »
Won't somebody please instruct the public on which lion merchandise is the correct one to buy?

If we don't act NOW then people will be left to buy whatever Villa merchandise they like most!

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #2087 on: July 24, 2023, 08:06:06 PM »
How pathetic some of you are. The badge clearly is a major issue as with any company logo. You're all deluded if you think that is not the case.

Keep your heads in the clouds and mock me like you did regarding our no.2 and now everyone is screaming out that we need a backup stopper.

Respect to those that have stuck to their guns regarding the club crest.

I'll never trust the football club with a survey or vote again. As bad as the Tory party

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2088 on: July 24, 2023, 08:06:54 PM »
How pathetic some of you are. The badge clearly is a major issue as with any company logo. You're all deluded if you think that is not the case.

Keep your heads in the clouds and mock me like you did regarding our no.2 and now everyone is screaming out that we need a backup stopper.

I'll never trust the football club with a survey or vote again. As bad as the Tory party

Any more of that and you're off.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #2089 on: July 24, 2023, 08:09:10 PM »
We've got about 900 different lions , facing all over the place in different colours. It's an absolute mess and I feel sorry for those fans who buy merchandise unsure of what to buy

There are a lot of things that I agree with you on over this issue, albeit maybe not as passionately as you are putting your views across, but a brand should allow for using different colours for one of its assets.

It would all be in the brand guidelines that are written out by the agency & given to the designers who make things like emailers, print pieces, merchandise, etc...

So I have absolutely zero issue with the lion being in several different colours.

Exactly. What we need, and what I expect we'll get from Heck is a new badge/crest, with sub-elements like a standalone lion for use on training kit etc. I like the monochrome badge when it's done well.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2090 on: July 24, 2023, 08:09:19 PM »
I thought the gas lamp option was at least as bad as the Tory party, in fairness.

Offline Flin5tone

• Say NO to Monster
« Reply #2091 on: July 24, 2023, 08:10:44 PM »
Any more of what?

Having an opinion? It's ok for members to target me for valid opinions but I have mine which align with other board members and I get a warning.

Offline Pete3206

« Reply #2092 on: July 24, 2023, 08:17:10 PM »
Cracking stuff

Offline VillaBoy_23

« Reply #2093 on: July 24, 2023, 08:26:02 PM »

You’ve got a nerve calling other people pathetic.

Offline LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #2094 on: July 24, 2023, 09:09:59 PM »
Have called heart, today of all days he must be suffering.

Offline Ian.

• GM : 07.10.2024
« Reply #2095 on: July 24, 2023, 09:37:28 PM »
Any more of what?

Having an opinion?It's ok for members to target me for valid opinions but I have mine which align with other board members and I get a warning.

Probably calling people pathetic for having an opinion?

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #2096 on: July 24, 2023, 10:00:31 PM »

It’s a major issue in your head. Most of us understand it’s an annoyance more than anything. The rest of the football world hasn’t noticed one bit. I watched Aston Villa play last night. Not the badge. And I mostly enjoyed what I saw as did the majority. In the stadium I saw all kinds of kits and all kinds of badges. They all represented Aston Villa. That’s the brand. Not the badge.

Offline edgysatsuma89

« Reply #2097 on: July 25, 2023, 12:21:24 AM »
When we played well for quite a bit of that Newcastle game, all that was going through my head was 'why is that lion facing the wrong way?'

Offline Ducksworthy

• GM : 20.02.2025
« Reply #2098 on: July 25, 2023, 12:38:31 AM »
I can’t remember when I made the jump to join the forum as I can’t see it on the mobile version but I can see my first post was in 2012. H&V was my Villa lifeline as an early teenager growing up in Spain with ropey Internet and access to Sky. I had my first letter printed in the mag at 11 in about 2002 before we moved which my German teacher noticed and said I was far too old for my time.

However, I definitely remember around the time of the new badge reading on here (either as a lurker or non-member) the absolute need for a star and a lot of discussion around that unreachable star dirge from a Honda advert being a club anthem. The Lerner badge - I’ve never liked but I’ve just gotten used to it, but I definitely remember people banging on about the star.

Offline Sexual Ealing

« Reply #2099 on: July 25, 2023, 12:38:37 AM »
I kept thinking it looked worried, that its mind was elsewhere.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal